Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234378 times)

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1020 on: July 09, 2011, 03:18:30 AM »
Tree + bald eagle @ 60 mph= Spam

in regards to what was said though
1) The voice idk. Some (very few) kids have powerful voices, and in may be more manner of speaking than the voice itself.
2)As for birth, it seems like it would be live simply based on how the Andalites live.
But we must keep in mind: Andalites are not mammals. Since we have no reason to believe otherwise, Earth and Andalite world life arose independently from one another: A person would be more closely related to cabbage than an Andalite. So and Andalite shouldn't need breast, what without mammalary glands and all. Plus no mouth=no suckling anyway

But the relation thing draws up a whole nother issue to me-you can morph animals. Not plants
But there's a greater difference between a presumably morphable Mercora and non morphable brocoli than a person and a Mercora. WTF
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1021 on: July 09, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »
I think andalites have some way of telling children from adults if they cant see the speaker. Probably just the way they speak, probably being taught that they are children and should give respect.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1022 on: July 10, 2011, 12:51:18 PM »
Tree + bald eagle @ 60 mph= Spam

in regards to what was said though
1) The voice idk. Some (very few) kids have powerful voices, and in may be more manner of speaking than the voice itself.
2)As for birth, it seems like it would be live simply based on how the Andalites live.
But we must keep in mind: Andalites are not mammals. Since we have no reason to believe otherwise, Earth and Andalite world life arose independently from one another: A person would be more closely related to cabbage than an Andalite. So and Andalite shouldn't need breast, what without mammalary glands and all. Plus no mouth=no suckling anyway

But the relation thing draws up a whole nother issue to me-you can morph animals. Not plants
But there's a greater difference between a presumably morphable Mercora and non morphable brocoli than a person and a Mercora. WTF

To be fair, they never actually tried morphing plants in the series, so for all we know, it'd be fully possible. Elfangor may have just told them about the ability to morph animals because he realized that morphing a spruce tree would be... less than optimal, in most ways. If you go back and look at Elfangor's words when he's telling the kids about the morphing power (and I don't remember the exact quote), he says something like "It allows you to become any life-form," then amends it to "Any animal." Since we know he wasn't giving the kids all the information about the power anyway (he says so himself, and demonstrates this same sort of simplification of the power by telling the kids that it works via DNA, when that can quite obviously only be a small part of how it works), I'm actually willing to believe that it's a power that could, in fact, be used to morph into broccoli. Or e. coli. Or whatever.

The only real canon refutation I can think of for that at the moment is the buffahuman book- the buffalo and the ant that got the power would probably have been more likely to morph plants than humans, but there's no way to say definitively based on that one incident.

If it turns out that the power can, in fact, only be used to change into animals, my guess is that it's some sort of failsafe in the technology itself- if the thing you're acquiring doesn't have enough of a nervous system, it won't let you morph it, presumably to keep you from being trapped in morph thanks to a complete mental disconnect from the form of life morphed.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #1023 on: July 12, 2011, 07:07:40 PM »
how do taxxons breed? they are a hive creature so could this mean their queen just spews all of them out?

Alic

« Reply #1024 on: July 12, 2011, 07:26:46 PM »
Animorphs is on Scholastic's Summer Challenge Book List for kids ages 8=10.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #1025 on: July 12, 2011, 07:28:15 PM »
     And yet, 18-30 year olds are the ones reading them :P
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1026 on: July 12, 2011, 07:56:41 PM »
how do taxxons breed? they are a hive creature so could this mean their queen just spews all of them out?

Well considering that theirs no building in they yeerk pool labeled "Taxoon breeding chamber" to stop the new guys from accidently walking in on it. Either that or female taxons all live on the yeerk home planet safe from harm (considering they can be killed if you puncture the skin with a needle or just poke it hard with a sharpened fingernail.)
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #1027 on: July 13, 2011, 12:10:42 AM »
like jello! if taxxons tasted like raspberries then i would soak all of them in vodka and turn them into jello shots

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1028 on: July 13, 2011, 12:24:39 AM »
Man you really are from los vegas

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #1029 on: July 13, 2011, 12:54:01 AM »
you've never met anyone from hawaii have you? all we do is party at the beach drinking and jumping off rocks - which is how i broke my ankle last may - although i was actually sober since i was supposed to be driving

how high would you have to drop a taxxon from in order for it to go SPLAT

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1030 on: July 13, 2011, 11:18:17 AM »
depends on how sharp the ground is. If theirs a few pointy pebbles all you need to do is make sure it doesn't land on it's feet

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #1031 on: July 13, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »
well we know that taxxon skin is highly susceptible to sharp points but that they are good swimmers and can go deep, so they can deal with water pressure. if we had a perfectly flat and smooth surface for experimental purposes, would the taxxon bounce or go splat and how high until it does go splat? how stretchy exactly is their skin?

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1032 on: July 13, 2011, 08:20:11 PM »
I'd think very rubbery. as in tightly stretched balloon skin rubbery.

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #1033 on: July 14, 2011, 12:20:03 AM »
taxxon vs porcupine! i'd pay to watch

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #1034 on: July 14, 2011, 12:25:04 AM »
.I dlouw oS