Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 233778 times)

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #825 on: November 16, 2010, 01:17:40 PM »
I had an animorphs dream once, Ax was going to preform brain surgery on me in Cassie's Barn. kind of a reveres of The sickness.
Meh.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #826 on: November 17, 2010, 11:35:35 PM »
I enjoy telling my friend, who's at the beginning of the series, random things and then saying "Remember this. You'll need to know it later."

Just told her a random historical fact about Washington crossing the Delaware. Was going to say "Wait for MM3"... but then I thought, nah. :P Make her wonder.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #827 on: November 17, 2010, 11:42:21 PM »
I remember I had an Animorph type dream a while back. Well, in the sense that Ax was in it apparently. I remember coming across this guy who didn't act quite right. We were running from something and then he told me he had to "change" and I shouldn't be worried.

When he was himself again, I don't remember being surprised at all I was just like "um....ok".

In the end I remember giving him a hug, he was confused and I was like "you're fuzzy!"

I really need to re-read the series.

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #828 on: December 15, 2010, 05:22:50 PM »
Okay, so I've posted in the Embarrassing Animorphs Thoughts about the kids I babysit. Today, I went a bit further in introducing them to Ani fandom.

While we were playing with my Pokemon and X-Men toys (because I am totally a responsible, reasonable adult), I pulled out the Animorphs board game so we could use the gameboard as a 'battle stage'. The kids were immediately intrigued by the little lenticular cards that came with it. So my friend Jackie and I explained the basics of each of the main characters (although S seemed convinced that they were morphing crickets instead of ants) and played a simplified version of the board game. S chose Jake, because Jake was apparently the coolest looking, and Bean chose Cassie because Cassie turns into a wolf.

After that we looked at my collection of the books, them going through and being all "oh man, Marco looks so FUNNY turning into a poodle!" and "ooh, which alien is that?" and doing the little morph flip thing in the back. Despite having the books in their hands, they seemed to think Animorphs started as a movie.

Best moment:
Lisa: "And then Rachel died at the end, and I cried like a baby."
Bean: "Why did you cry? It was only a movie."
Lisa: "You can feel sad when pretend characters die."
S: "It would have been sadder if she died in 3-D."

Then I told them that when they're old enough I'm giving them some of my books, and they got all excited. We talked about the Anis all the way home.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #829 on: December 17, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »
I now own a hardcover copy of #31.

...Yeah. No idea that existed. :P

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #830 on: December 17, 2010, 04:44:47 PM »
     Three cheers for Lisa, for insipiring the future Animorphs Generations.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #831 on: December 24, 2010, 03:50:15 PM »
Watching this thing on UFOs on the History Channel. They're talking about alien abductions right now.

Me: ::) Duh, it's the Skrit Na.

Offline songofsuzanna

• Haunting the Sacristy; a blog
« Reply #832 on: December 24, 2010, 10:10:28 PM »
I had a complete braincell-explosion in my car yesterday.  I was in crazy traffic, on the way to the mall (which is insane; the mall two days before Christmas is a madhouse on steroids), when I suddenly thought, "If Cassie gave Tom the blue cube, then that means she handed over the ability to morph.  If she hadn't done that, then would have Rachel still died?  If the two are connected, then doesn't that mean Cassie murdered her best friend?  Also, doesn't that make her responsible, in a small way, to what happens to Ax?  He would never have had to go after the blade ship if Rachel successfully took it, what with her not having to fight anyone who morphs.  Does that thought never occur to her?  How do Jake (incredibly depressed and full of regret Jake) and the others die but Cassie gets to have a happily ever after without having any emotional/mental problems that we can see?"

My mind went blank, I was filled with this overwhelming sense of unfairness, and I sort of stared at the traffic light in front of me for a second until the dust sort of cleared and I thought, "Surely, there's a detail I'm missing."  And I focused on traffic because I didn't want to DIE on my way to Bath and Body and Barnes and Noble.
Please click! --- >  

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory." -- Steven Wright

"Oat-FREAKING-Meal!" -- Marco

Offline invisiblecake

« Reply #833 on: December 25, 2010, 02:01:11 AM »
I was thinking the other day, and I decided that if there was an auxiliary Animorphs team in the UK, I'd want them to be like the kids on Misfits. Even though that means they'd end up shagging each other and hiding Hork Bajir bodies in giant coolers instead of saving the world, but it'd be fantastic anyways.

Offline Green armadillo ette

• If at first you don't  succeed, redefine success.
« Reply #834 on: December 25, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »
I had a complete braincell-explosion in my car yesterday.  I was in crazy traffic, on the way to the mall (which is insane; the mall two days before Christmas is a madhouse on steroids), when I suddenly thought, "If Cassie gave Tom the blue cube, then that means she handed over the ability to morph.  If she hadn't done that, then would have Rachel still died?  If the two are connected, then doesn't that mean Cassie murdered her best friend?  Also, doesn't that make her responsible, in a small way, to what happens to Ax?  He would never have had to go after the blade ship if Rachel successfully took it, what with her not having to fight anyone who morphs.  Does that thought never occur to her?  How do Jake (incredibly depressed and full of regret Jake) and the others die but Cassie gets to have a happily ever after without having any emotional/mental problems that we can see?"

My mind went blank, I was filled with this overwhelming sense of unfairness, and I sort of stared at the traffic light in front of me for a second until the dust sort of cleared and I thought, "Surely, there's a detail I'm missing."  And I focused on traffic because I didn't want to DIE on my way to Bath and Body and Barnes and Noble.
And THAT is way we have fanfction
Last night, I laid back in my bed staring up at the stars, and I thought to myself ... I probably should fix that hole in my roof.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #835 on: December 25, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »
I saw a red-tailed hawk this morning!
Aluminator's RAFsister

« Reply #836 on: December 27, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »
Oh my gosh.
I just realized this. I'm sure plenty of people know this, but;
Maximilian.
Maximilian.
I always wondered how K. A. Applegate came up with Ax's name. Now I know.
Last night, I laid back in my bed staring up at the stars, and I thought to myself ... I probably should fix that hole in my roof.

Offline songofsuzanna

• Haunting the Sacristy; a blog
« Reply #837 on: December 27, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »
Oh my gosh.
I just realized this. I'm sure plenty of people know this, but;
Maximilian.
Maximilian.
I always wondered how K. A. Applegate came up with Ax's name. Now I know.

Holy crap, really?  Is that something you just noticed or do you know for sure that she used that?  It could just be a coincidence, albeit a freaky one...
Please click! --- >  

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory." -- Steven Wright

"Oat-FREAKING-Meal!" -- Marco

« Reply #838 on: December 29, 2010, 02:15:31 AM »
I happened across it by pure luck. My friend is writing a short story and named the protagonist Max. Then once she was pretty much done with it, she realized that Max was a nickname (or at least in her opinion) and that she wanted to have the first name be something that begins with Max. So she asked me to find a name, even after I suggested three other good Max-related names. (Maxwell, Maxfeld, Maxavier [not sure if it a real name or not])  I googled "Max names"
and came up with Maximilian.  As I was typing it to email to her, I went to fast for my slow computer and forgot the "M" and the "N" in Maximilian, and capitalized the first "A". IT came out like, Aximilia. Then as I was verbally checking grammar in the email, as I had written a lot of other stuff in there to, I read Aximilia out loud. Then I thought, "Hey that sounds familiar! And it looks similar to something I've read before" but I didn't realize what it was until a few days later when I read a fanfiction were someone called Ax by his real name. Then I spent the next fifteen minutes double checking to verify that my thoughts were correct.

And to answer your question, I cannot claim positively that K.A. for sure meant to do that. But, seriously, what are the chances that Maximilian had absolutely no influence what's so ever upon the making of the name Aximili?

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #839 on: December 29, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »
     Anyone else find it hilarious whenever one of the Animorphs yells "It's a trap?"

I am by no means a Star Wars fan, but for some reason, the joke makes me laugh. I still don't entirely understand why the statement was so funny...maybe I find the parodies funny. I don't know.

Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate