Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 233819 times)

warren_bearclaw

Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #810 on: November 13, 2010, 01:09:54 PM »
*facesmack* Oi... Well, I guess someone's gotta say it...
Don't you think that might come with the basic instincts? I mean, that isn't exactly something mom and dad have to teach you...

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
« Reply #811 on: November 13, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »
To a degree, they do. Otherwise they wouldn't try to come up with so many weird tales on how you were born. :P

Offline Semeir-Cooraf-Armaheen

• <No fear.>
« Reply #812 on: November 13, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »
I doubt Andalites are as crazy and open about "happy time" with each other. They just aren't smex-driven like us. They might not even do that unless they want to have children.

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if Andalites frowned on same-sex couples. I have a fic about that already. It's ten years old, but it's a bit of a poke at our own society and how we treat those who prefer the same gender.

Offline tobiasthehawk

• Bleh
« Reply #813 on: November 13, 2010, 06:02:24 PM »
I know this has come up before...

What the heck happened with the Nartec? It has bugged me for years :/
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."-Stephen Hawking

"I'm sorry, I lost my boots and the legs of my pants in a deadly fight with a giant seaslug, which I won in the nick of time with my clever thinking and my, uh... cleverness."
-- Roger, while procuring pants at the Galleria

[img]http://dragcave.net/image/WL2N.gi

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #814 on: November 13, 2010, 11:23:30 PM »
I doubt Andalites are as crazy and open about "happy time" with each other. They just aren't smex-driven like us. They might not even do that unless they want to have children.

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if Andalites frowned on same-sex couples. I have a fic about that already. It's ten years old, but it's a bit of a poke at our own society and how we treat those who prefer the same gender.

I would disagree; andalites have a version of kissing, which provides them with pleasure. If kissing provides them with pleasure then why shouldn't sex? Their are alot of animals that enjou doing it, why wouldn't andalites? Also, out of curiosity, why do you think andalites frown on homosexual relationships?
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #815 on: November 13, 2010, 11:27:24 PM »
Well, we've taken this thread new places...

Alic

« Reply #816 on: November 14, 2010, 01:22:07 AM »
Me and Lumy picked up Animorphs for PS at the game store today lol

• <No fear.>
« Reply #817 on: November 14, 2010, 01:52:52 AM »

I would disagree; andalites have a version of kissing, which provides them with pleasure. If kissing provides them with pleasure then why shouldn't sex? Their are alot of animals that enjou doing it, why wouldn't andalites? Also, out of curiosity, why do you think andalites frown on homosexual relationships?

I think they frown on homosexuality because they certainly don't like the disabled and ostracize them a bit. So anything that goes against society seems like it'd be a problem to stamp out and sweep under the proverbial rug.

Also, I think they seem to take ritual so seriously that they might have one for mating when they want to have children. If there is a cap on how many children a household can have, then Andalites either learn how to "close their legs" or they have efficient birth control.

I've seen how horses make babies, and it's very awkward. Andalites would probably do it the same way, with the male rearing up behind the female and...yeah...the poor male's hind legs would get awfully tired lol

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #818 on: November 14, 2010, 03:08:15 AM »
I don't know about that...there have been a lot of military cultures in the past that ostracized the disabled but welcomed homosexuality, or at least turned a blind eye to it (Greeks, I believe?). I'm not sure if the mentality behind Andalite ableism was so much 'it goes against society' as the fact that the Andalites are a hugely militaristic and form-focused culture. They pride themselves in their bodies and physical capabilities. I don't think we ever really see an indication of what their views on homosexuality are.

Nor do I think we can really extrapolate how they have sex based on their similarities to horses. I mean, they eat through their feet. For all we know, they don't breathe through their nose but through their eye stalks. Maybe they keep their sexual organs in their tails? Their physiology is so radically different than Earth animals already that who knows who knows.

Just my two cents because it's late and I'm babbly.

Offline LorenF15

« Reply #819 on: November 14, 2010, 01:31:04 PM »
*facesmack* Oi... Well, I guess someone's gotta say it...
Don't you think that might come with the basic instincts? I mean, that isn't exactly something mom and dad have to teach you...

I didn't mean mean "teaching" as in, insert Rod A into Slot B, just....the idea of these two aliens learning how to express love together...sorry, i'm really weird and probabty not making any sense, but I understand it in my head  :disgrace:

• <No fear.>
« Reply #820 on: November 14, 2010, 11:57:28 PM »
BABY ANDALITE...or how one might act, anyway.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQtd9cTGFM[/youtube]

Offline tobiasthehawk

• Bleh
« Reply #821 on: November 15, 2010, 12:14:38 AM »
That is an amazingly cute video!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."-Stephen Hawking

"I'm sorry, I lost my boots and the legs of my pants in a deadly fight with a giant seaslug, which I won in the nick of time with my clever thinking and my, uh... cleverness."
-- Roger, while procuring pants at the Galleria

[img]http://dragcave.net/image/WL2N.gi

• <No fear.>
« Reply #822 on: November 15, 2010, 02:01:57 AM »
I betcha Andalites can get spooked just like horses. It's just they have the brain power to assess what they see and realize they don't have to freak out over it.

But maybe the babies can't, so they just take off to mommy or daddy when they spook. :P

I wonder if poor Gafinilan had to deal with his own instinctive tendency to spook when the Soola's disease made his vision worse. :(

Offline Tyler

• Evil Kit Clown from Space
  • God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #823 on: November 16, 2010, 09:45:06 AM »
I had a dream this morning that involved animal-morphing. :)
I am eternal. I am the Eater of Worlds.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #824 on: November 16, 2010, 09:48:22 AM »
My friend had a dream about that awhile ago. We're pretty sure it's my fault.