Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 233854 times)

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #795 on: November 10, 2010, 09:26:13 PM »
Yesterday, my friend and I were playing "Six Degrees of (Insert things we're obsessed with here)." So, we were doing Animorphs, and after several rather long and obscure connections...

My friend: "Congratulations."
Me: #13.
My friend: O.O That was fast!

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #796 on: November 10, 2010, 10:18:28 PM »
Which book is #13? I don't recall.

EDIT: just looked it up, and I don't get the connection. I'm probably missing something obvious here...
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #797 on: November 10, 2010, 10:51:27 PM »
Since I can't see that anyone else has mentioned this yet.... from my very brief glance through... It made me very happy when Monday's episode of Castle included the red-tailed hawks ^_^

I mean, they did conclude that they hawks weren't actually responsible for murder pretty early on, but they did that solely on the basis of "hawks can't shoot guns", which they could if they morphed/demorphed.

I'm glad someone else caught that and had the same thoughts I did! :D
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #798 on: November 10, 2010, 11:06:23 PM »

EDIT: just looked it up, and I don't get the connection. I'm probably missing something obvious here...

::) Rachel's award thing? The last scene?

...How do you forget #13? O.o

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #799 on: November 10, 2010, 11:14:07 PM »
Quote from: Stephquiem
Quote from: Let us have peace (AGYK)

::) Rachel's award thing? The last scene?

...How do you forget #13? O.o

Oh, I remember that.

And I frequently have trouble tying a book number or book title to what happens in the book, but I don't think I've actually forgotten any of the books.
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

Offline invisiblecake

« Reply #800 on: November 12, 2010, 02:40:11 AM »
When I go to the zoo lately, I always end up looking around for the doors to get in behind the exhibits, in case I even needed to aquire something.

Offline Semeir-Cooraf-Armaheen

• <No fear.>
« Reply #801 on: November 13, 2010, 03:09:43 AM »
I like to speculate about Andalite anatomy. They have two hearts, right? I think they have one in the upper half and the other is down in the horse part. It wouldn't make sense for both hearts to be in their chest. The secondary heart is probably just there to help the blood circulate to the horse part of their body.

Thoughts?

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #802 on: November 13, 2010, 03:12:31 AM »
I thought they had three...? That placement would make sense, though.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #803 on: November 13, 2010, 03:13:05 AM »
No, they have two.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #804 on: November 13, 2010, 03:13:26 AM »
I like to speculate about Andalite anatomy. They have two hearts, right? I think they have one in the upper half and the other is down in the horse part. It wouldn't make sense for both hearts to be in their chest. The secondary heart is probably just there to help the blood circulate to the horse part of their body.

Thoughts?

That's actually kind of what I always thought. Two hearts in the same area is pointless- you want the second one farther along to give it the extra boost it needs to get all the way through the circulatory system. I always pictured one as being where a human heart is, and the other down where a horse or deer heart would be.

What's interesting to me is that Andalites would have no digestive system... so what's filling the rest of that space?

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #805 on: November 13, 2010, 03:15:46 AM »
They have a digestive system, It's just drastically different than ours. Who know how much or little that takes up? Maybe they have really big or long lungs to provide oxygen to all that pumping blood....

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #806 on: November 13, 2010, 03:23:31 AM »
Their digestion is always described as "their hooves directly absorbing the nutrients." That means that their hooves are the equivalent of our small intestine, the endpoint of our digestion. That means that there's no need for any sort of digestive system inside of the torso, since the hooves are sending nutrients (presumably) directly into the bloodstream. That means that there is nothing close to our digestive system in Andalite anatomy. No need to take food in, break it down, or remove the waste.

Thing is, that probably also means Andalite immune systems are fairly lacking. Our immune systems are always working overtime to kill whatever happens to be in our food. Andalites would typically only take in diseases that are airborne.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #807 on: November 13, 2010, 03:25:02 AM »
huh... good point(s).

Offline Semeir-Cooraf-Armaheen

• <No fear.>
« Reply #808 on: November 13, 2010, 04:11:56 AM »
Females probably have a lot of room to carry baby Andalites. I'm guessing they'd have uh...happy fun time...like horses. (HOLY CRAP GAFINILAN COULD KILL SOMEBODY WITH HIS DOOHICKY).

A long long LONG time ago I saw somebody suggesting their equipment was in the front, but that doesn't make sense. A female Andalite sporting a human-like pregnant belly would be totally thrown off balance, plus the pelvis wouldn't allow for the baby to have a safe delivery. Safer to assume it's all in the back and they give birth like horses.

Since Andalites were prey animals, birth would happen fast. Just a couple hours for cervical dilation, then you have the water break splatter and the front hooves come out. The head/upper body next and the rest is easy. Mommy would probably lay on her side and push like crazy.

I do think Andalites have some form of digestive system. Somewhere, Ax mentions accidentally digesting a snail and I think he was cut off while trying to say the shell wasn't fun to poop out. LOL Plus one book did involve an Andalite toilet.

It could be the act of grazing means they stomp the grass so it breaks into small pieces that are forced up into their hooves to be digested as it goes. If you put Ax's hoof in a bowl of water, you'd probably see the water go down like his hoof was a straw sucking it up.

If Andalites drink, they probably pee, and they probably do that just like horses do. Albeit with more dignity--behind bushes, etc. I'd hate to think of the problems Ax had figuring out the bathroom while in human morph. >>; For some reason, I imagine him being initially scared of a flushing toilet.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:19:26 AM by Semeir-Cooraf-Armaheen »

Offline LorenF15

« Reply #809 on: November 13, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
I still giggle like a 7th grade boy when I think of Loren teaching Elfangor about sex in his human morph  :P