Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 233853 times)

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #675 on: May 18, 2010, 02:48:58 PM »
kinda agreeing with chad... but then, i never understood marco's strain of ego.

D: i think it's more male-oriented. i don't get it.
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #676 on: May 19, 2010, 07:22:08 AM »
Here's something really random for you, though Myitt knows about it. Ever since people started muttering about how cool it would be to have an Animorphs movie, I started recalling this bizarre fantasy I had as a child.

It was basically the back of the first book spoken as a movie trailer, complete with the "In a world..." guy's voice and random trailer scenes. When the cover says something like, "Strange things happen to people. Just ask Jake" it shows him staring up at a landing Andalite spacecraft. And when it says "greatest evil the world has ever seen" the music is building and you see Visser Three stepping gracefully out of the ship. (For some reason. Evil is always dignified in my head, even though Visser Three wasn't.)

And then that Johnny Quest music from the 90's show's opening starts playing. .....hey, it was my frame of reference when I was eight! XD I'm so screwed up. ; )

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
« Reply #677 on: June 01, 2010, 04:37:53 AM »
Sweet. I wonder how the series would've shaped up if Tobias was completely eliminated...
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!

Alic

« Reply #678 on: June 01, 2010, 11:11:51 PM »
I was at the store and saw Cinnabon cereal bars. It made me smile

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #679 on: June 03, 2010, 08:23:56 AM »
saw post 54 Cassie while hiking in the mountains last weekend. with hot new boyfriend in tow. i was really, really tempted to make conversation, but i stopped myself before i revealed just how nerdy (and potentially psychotic) i am.

Offline dragonarmy

• Livejournal
« Reply #680 on: June 03, 2010, 08:57:43 AM »
I scored a hardcover version of Visser in perfect condition at a thrift store Memorial Day sale. The cashier took one look at it and said, "Are you kidding me?" I couldn't tell if she was a fan, or thought I was stupid. Hmmmm.
You were brave. You were good. You mattered.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #681 on: June 03, 2010, 10:13:43 AM »
I got the same look from the guy at Half Price Books a few weeks ago. I was too excited to be taking home a new Visser, Hork-Bajir Chronicles, two copies of #1, and one copy of #10 to care, though!
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #682 on: June 03, 2010, 03:08:31 PM »
I bought hella Animorphs books at a used bookstore the other day (probably like half their stock), and the cashier looks at my huge stack and says "ooookay..."

I guess this kind of thing happens a lot.  xD

Offline aareavis

« Reply #683 on: June 03, 2010, 11:57:03 PM »
I've never had a Cinnabon.  I didn't even know they were real until a couple of years ago.  Same with Krispy Kreme.  They were mentioned a couple of times in a cheesy YA SF book series (not animorphs) and I thought the name was so ridiculous that it couldn't possibly be real.  That is, until one opened an hour away and I realized they've been around forever...  I've never had those either.

I just looked them up.  They are both a couple of hours away.   :(
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:06:11 AM by aareavis »

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #684 on: June 16, 2010, 01:28:52 PM »
I think I saw Rachel yesterday.

I was volunteering at my local library, signing up kids for a summer reading program. A mom brought in a couple of kids, got the necessary paperwork, then told one of her kids "Rachel, you can fill out your own form." Yep, this Rachel was blond & pretty tall...  :o
I nearly said "Hi", but it occurred to me that #1 Rachel never really liked boys, and #2 with both a grizzly morph and an African elephant morph, she could kill me in around 17 different ways in 30 seconds. I decided to keep my mouth shut. :P
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #685 on: June 23, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »
D: funny thing~ i know i saw a rachel lookalike around the same time. D:< NEAR A LIBRARY. (more like, 5 min from, but anyway...)

anyhoo~ mine was the "right" height/weight/coloring- except older. wearing slim jeans and a tucked-in, slightly oversized tshirt. like she'd just stepped out of the fashionable mid 90's. D:

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #686 on: June 24, 2010, 10:35:59 AM »
Yay awesome ^_^ Now I need to go out and meet all the Animorphs...

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #687 on: June 24, 2010, 12:14:01 PM »
You know what's annoying? :P I got my friend to read the first two books, and last time she was over we were talking about them. One of her other friends (who needs to join RAF, btw, because she sounds awesome.  :-X) already ruined the beginning of #54 for her, so I'm trying very hard not to spoil things.

Do you know how hard that is to do? Because I wanted to talk about Tom. D: And I couldn't figure out how to bring it up without her getting suspicious. And she keeps asking questions that I can't answer. -_-

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #688 on: June 24, 2010, 12:18:54 PM »
Yeah, but starting a series this late, she's got to expect a certain amount of spoiling... though, yeah, hopefully not too much.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #689 on: June 24, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
:P Well, she doesn't really hang around people who read the books (besides me and Spoiler McSpoily Pants over there -_-) so she's fairly safe. It's not so much that she's adamant about not having things spoiled (I mean, besides really big things) it's just... I want to relive the experience of reading the books for the first time! XD I've been amazingly tight-lipped about Elfangor, for instance.

But yeah. -_- I said "So... what do you think about Tom?" and there was a pause where you can bet she was thinking "Oh, crap. What happens?"