Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234440 times)

Offline aareavis

Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #615 on: April 17, 2010, 12:56:47 AM »
Most of my random Animorph thoughts relate Animorphs to other Science Fiction books, tv shows, or movies, such as LOST.  The other show that reminds me of Animorphs was Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.  John in Terminator 2 and the show always reminded me of Tobias. In the show, he is introduced to Cameron, a feminine terminator, who is gorgeous and gets his hormones flowing.  She kinda reminds me of Rachel in her ruthlessness.  Also, Sarah kinda reminded me of Loren (you know, if the Ellimist hadn't screwed with her).  And the terminators are like anti-Chee.  Dogs hate terminators but love Chee.

And another, totally unrelated thought: Did anyone else hate the fact Tobias and Ax had to "share spots" so to speak?  Why didn't KA put Ax's book right after Marco's?  It would've fit since Marco's first story was largely centered around Ax.  It pisses me off because Tobias was my favorite character and, while every one of his stories was moving, I would have loved to see more of him.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #616 on: April 17, 2010, 06:34:16 AM »
I guess KA thought there was more limited potential with stories surrounding Ax and Tobias because they live off in the woods. I would prefer if they just put Ax's books after Marco's and revolved everyone around normally.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline INH

« Reply #617 on: April 17, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »
The Anibase implies that Scholastic decided to have Tobias and Ax share spots because they didn't think they would be as popular as the other Animorphs.  It doesn't say why, but I would guess that it was because they thought readers wouldn't be able to relate to them as much, since they aren't human.  Like the Anibase says, "boy, were they ever mistaken!"

Starting with 41, they changed the order to have Ax go after Marco and cycled everyone around.  But since the final story arc started 4 books after that, they didn't benefit all that much.

Offline aareavis

« Reply #618 on: April 17, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »
I remember thinking at the time that she should've ended the series at the end of a "cycle" which, by that point, would've been an Ax book, and ended with a 5th megamorph book.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #619 on: April 17, 2010, 01:13:30 PM »
I've heard a lot of people say that the ending should have been like a megamorphs, which would have been excellent, but KA was too tired of the series to do a proper one.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline aareavis

« Reply #620 on: April 17, 2010, 02:09:59 PM »
You know, my school is the only university in the country with a gorilla for a mascot.  And you know what our library is called? Axe Library.  My high school mascot was the tigers.  I was born at KU medical center whose mascot is the jayhawk.  Hawks, tigers, and gorillas...

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #621 on: April 17, 2010, 05:58:23 PM »
Okay, that's really cool. Aarea, it seems maybe Animorphs and you are destined to be ;)

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Visser19

« Reply #622 on: April 17, 2010, 11:02:48 PM »
Actually isn't the spinal chord needed to send signals from the brain? If the Goauld can intercept the signals, the Yeerk wouldn't be able to do anything. Like being paralyzed from the neck down because the spinal chord is broken.

Yes good point. Go Goaul'd! It's hard to tell which one is tougher and commands more presence between the two, but the Goaul'd do pose as gods, so..
Also another similarity is the Tokra, a Goaul'd peace movement where the hosts were in union with their parasites, just like the Yeerk peace movement.

Offline WildAtHeart

• My Myspace
« Reply #623 on: April 18, 2010, 11:25:56 AM »
when i was a kid, i was so convinced that a yeerk pool was located underneath my school -_-' i remember one weekend, running around in the woods around the school trying to figure out the best place to dig into the pool lol

Offline aareavis

« Reply #624 on: April 19, 2010, 01:31:43 AM »
I just figured this out today, lol.  I used to think it was awfully convenient that the Animorphs could use thought-speech while in morph.  But, today it made sense.  Andalites would need a way of preserving their ability to use thought-speech while in morph so it was built-in.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #625 on: April 19, 2010, 07:25:56 AM »
There's something that people call a KASU that I don't think is. Okay in one book Jake is sprayed with roach killer while in roach morph. When he demorphs, he's ok. In book 11 when he's poisoned by a snake in tiger morph and he wonders if demorphing would help. People call this a KASU.

I don't think people get it. The first case is roach killer. Now if you go get a can of roach killer and spray it o n someone's arm, they won't have to go to the emergency room. They'll just punch you for spraying them and go wash it off. If you hand him a poisonous snake and it bites him, he's in serious trouble.

The point is that we're talking about two totally different poisons, the latter of which can quickly kill a Human. That's not a KASU. That's a valid concern.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #626 on: April 19, 2010, 11:32:05 AM »
That, and it's relatively early in the series. He wouldn't necessarily know how everything works.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #627 on: April 20, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »
waaah
curious george is mean
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #628 on: April 20, 2010, 07:18:23 PM »
waaah
curious george is mean

*tries to find the Animorphs connection* :shrug:

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #629 on: April 20, 2010, 07:25:54 PM »
Hey, everything can be connected to Animorphs if you look hard enough!

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story