Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234521 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #570 on: March 26, 2010, 06:58:02 AM »
There's a part after book 19 when Cassie compares studying Yeerks to studying fatal diseases or something. That always bothered me. She's supposed to be the most sympathetic towards them, so I didn't expect her to say something like that after 19. It may have even happened after 29.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:15:10 PM by Chad28 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #571 on: March 26, 2010, 10:29:22 AM »
That brings up an interesting point. I wonder how much of the series most of the ghostwriters actually read...

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #572 on: March 28, 2010, 10:47:20 PM »
In book 19 how exactly did a controller with a small child as a host follow Cassie in wolf form home? Was Cassie really so introverted that she didn't notice? Did Aftran really know tricks like how to always stay downwind, and how to follow wolf tracks? And she did this in the dark, didn't she? That seems like a big case of fridge logic there.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline roguebluejay

« Reply #573 on: April 02, 2010, 06:24:32 PM »
In book 19 how exactly did a controller with a small child as a host follow Cassie in wolf form home? Was Cassie really so introverted that she didn't notice? Did Aftran really know tricks like how to always stay downwind, and how to follow wolf tracks? And she did this in the dark, didn't she? That seems like a big case of fridge logic there.

To be fair to Cassie (and by extension KA) she was in a massive funk after that battle from what I remember. Its kinda easy not to notice anything when you're feeling upset.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #574 on: April 02, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »
That's true. She was probably really not paying attention, and likely not traveling as fast as she may have been if she was in a better mood.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #575 on: April 04, 2010, 03:33:28 AM »
I was in the car today... and I saw not one. Not two. THREE HAWKS.

Three. Flying very close together. I freaked. The F*CK. OUT.

Offline comet266

« Reply #576 on: April 04, 2010, 04:50:35 AM »
Wow, they are amateur morphers...they really need to learn how to fly more like natural birds so that it doesn't alert suspicion from all the bird watchers :P

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #577 on: April 04, 2010, 05:17:50 AM »
In book 47 Jake says he doesn't have a brother anymore. Strange, since Eva is still Maro's mother and she was rescued two books prior. I wish I could be there to knock some sense into him. I would think saving Eva would renew his hope in rescuing tom, but it doesn't.

Actually the reread thread for book 47 should be up next, and I was going to mention it then, but I decided not to wait.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline invisiblecake

« Reply #578 on: April 05, 2010, 12:25:47 AM »
First off, this thread is awesome. I'll need to read through the rest of it at some point.

I remember when the show was on and i watched it, I would have to watch it at my dad's and he stopped letting me because it "gave my brother nightmares". I was so angry about that.

Lately when I'm at work (at Target) I get bored and pretend that I'm morphing something. Usually a bird or something. I wonder if I make an odd face while I'm doing it because sometimes I get weird looks from people walking by? whatever.

Also, last week I was wondering what would happen if instead of "present day" the whole thing happened in, say, Victorian London? (Been watching Sherlock Holmes LOL) How would they deal with that?

I haven't chosen a battle morph yet. this is bothering me.

And I've noticed while re-reading that I'm having trouble keeping the age thing straight. i just automatically assume that they're at least in high school, and then have to remember that they're actually 13-15, which is like my little sister doing this stuff. Which is really weird to think about.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:33:32 AM by invisiblecake »

Offline WildAtHeart

• My Myspace
« Reply #579 on: April 05, 2010, 02:56:04 AM »
^ i always have trouble with the ages too. When i first read the series, i always pictured High School, like 10th grade. I just couldn't picture 13 year old kids...which is weird, to me, because when i first read the Harry Potter series i had no trouble picturing those characters their actual ages in the early books.

Offline Visser19

« Reply #580 on: April 08, 2010, 03:05:34 AM »
This is a completely random topic... hence why it is here on this topic!

Anyone familiar with Stargate? Particularly SG-1? It was my favorite show, and I think one reason I got into it was because of it's similarities to Animorphs. There are the Goaul'd, a parasitic snake that enter into their hosts spinal column and take control of them. Sound a little familiar? Except, unlike the Yeerks, they don't try to enslave the galaxy, at least not as hosts or "controllers". Instead the Goaul'd pose as mythical gods and have humans around the galaxy worship them. There aren't as many Goaul'd, partly because it's hard for them to reproduce. They can be in the same human body for hundreds of years or even millenniums, thanks to their healing and anti-aging capabilities, and they also have technology "sarcophagi" that will heal them from any injury and even restore life.
Also the Air Force are the ones who go through the Stargates to stop the Goaul'd mainly from coming to Earth, which has many potential hosts for them and slave worshipers. It is a top secret branch of the military, so no one knows that the war is going on, just like the Animorphs. The only difference is that the Air Force cannot transform into creatures and animals. Well, there are obviously many differences, but...

So yeah! Yeerks and the Goaul'd would get along real well. Or maybe they would just be enemies competing for the enslavement of humans... Who would win in a war between the two? (For those of you who have seen SG-1.)

PS Pop quiz: Where did KA get the name "Yeerk" from?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #581 on: April 08, 2010, 05:35:40 AM »
In Lord of the Rings the elven word for Orc is Yrch.

I've seen the Goaul'd mentioned before. Judging from their abilities it would seem like they have a definite advantage over the Yeerks. Yeerks themselves give no advantage to their hosts, while the Goaul'd have a mutualistic relationship with their hosts. there's no control, and the host is practically immortal.

But if a Yeerk got into the host's head, could the Goaul'd do anything about it?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Visser19

« Reply #582 on: April 08, 2010, 02:49:46 PM »
Yes! Yrch. That's right! I always thought that was so cool.

About the Goaul'd, they definitely do control their hosts. And yeah, there not really scavengers like the Yeerks with technology. They've also been around a lot longer than them. And they do give their hosts almost super strength and they have awesome hand device weapons that fry your brain slowly, or something like that. If a yeerk went inside the host of a Goaul'd, hmm, that would be interesting... It would probably be very bad for the human, three beings fighting for control over his consciousness, it would be like three split personalities in a schizophrenic trying to gain control at the same time. But maybe the yeerk would dominate over the Goaul'd. I think the brain is a better way to control than the spinal cord.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #583 on: April 08, 2010, 03:37:31 PM »
Actually isn't the spinal chord needed to send signals from the brain? If the Goauld can intercept the signals, the Yeerk wouldn't be able to do anything. Like being paralyzed from the neck down because the spinal chord is broken.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #584 on: April 09, 2010, 07:38:53 AM »
(i know nothing about SG-1, but anyway)

sounds like it would make a silent invasion near-impossible, if both species were fighting over the same host. i mean, can you imagine the poor, constipated look on the host's face? yeerk in the brain, goald in the spine (limbs)? HAH. mental institution, stat.

also, i would just like to add:

i cannot read through a whole book without reading large portions aloud. D: and i always, always read the marco's driving shenanigans aloud... and... crap. i forget the book (i believe it is a jake book), but there's something about shooting and running down stairs? or a POP! POP! POP! of some sort. anyway. i'll look it up. D: greatest ever.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:46:33 AM by itw2009 »
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."