Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234301 times)

Offline Gafrash

Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #555 on: March 14, 2010, 12:27:54 AM »
Who here thinks Andalites have enough finger-strength to snap their fingers?!

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #556 on: March 23, 2010, 09:53:37 PM »
I find myself devoid of a reason as to why, when they morph smaller animals, they only morph one.
Instead of sending excess mass to z-space, would it be possible to just convert it into enough replicable to be of equal mass to your body, then go biblical on Yeerk-butt
Swarm of locust morph!
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #557 on: March 24, 2010, 10:46:40 AM »
Heck, if you're going that far, why not have them draw on the apparent inherent mass in Z-space and become their own army? Form of army ant colony! Go go gadget pride of lions! Power of thirty million swans!

Okay, I admit, that started out sincere, but went to... not as sincere the more I thought about it. If they can morph multiple animals, you just open up another huge can of worms.

This can of worms is named Cassie.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #558 on: March 24, 2010, 12:55:15 PM »
I wonder why Taxxon mothers don't eat their own children during birth, there has to be fluids of some kind that would attract mom or at least other taxxons? Or a better question, how do taxxons procreate?
Meh.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #559 on: March 24, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »
I assume they don't have the "2-sexes" thing going on. Maybe they're produced by a queen or something, similarly to hive insectine creatures on Earth. Or maybe they all go to the sea and produce an explosion of baby-making goo. And maybe (since I'm speculating wildly anyway), when baby Taxxons are born, there are fluids, but these fluids are specially designed to be repulsive to other Taxxons. As the baby grows, the production of those hormones or whatever would wear off.

Maybe they grow in pods! They emerge fully formed! Actually, I kinda like that one...

Hey, here's a question. Why in the world can Taxxons swim so well? I don't remember their world being described with any oceans or seas or much water at all.

Salem's Story

VisserZer0

« Reply #560 on: March 24, 2010, 02:40:34 PM »
I always did kinda wonder about Taxxon reproduction.

How was Ax able to "suck a snail through his hoof"? I always got the impression that Andalites didn't actually consume their food. I thought they just soaked up the nutrients.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #561 on: March 25, 2010, 06:59:58 AM »
I kind of figured Taxxons were born independant. Meaning when they come out, they're ready to run and that's what they do. The fluid may be odorless or tasteless or something else.

I also wonder why they are good swimmers, as I kind of thought of the Taxxon world being a desert world like tantooine from Star wars. As unrealistic as that kind of world is.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #562 on: March 25, 2010, 09:21:46 AM »
I kind of figured Taxxons were born independant. Meaning when they come out, they're ready to run and that's what they do. The fluid may be odorless or tasteless or something else.

I also wonder why they are good swimmers, as I kind of thought of the Taxxon world being a desert world like tantooine from Star wars. As unrealistic as that kind of world is.

They are, and they are adapted for "swimming" through their hive, and through sand.  Swimming through water is much easier.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #563 on: March 25, 2010, 10:02:18 AM »
Y'know... all those things that depict stuff that can "swim" through sand... I'm pretty sure that's not even remotely plausible... kind of like teleportation devices, they're just a standard of the genre...

Salem's Story

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #564 on: March 25, 2010, 10:43:46 AM »
Y'know... all those things that depict stuff that can "swim" through sand... I'm pretty sure that's not even remotely plausible... kind of like teleportation devices, they're just a standard of the genre...

Taxxons at the very least are shown to eat the sand in front of them, and then expel it out behind them to simulate the swimming.  This process would presumably be more efficient with water.

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #565 on: March 25, 2010, 01:06:30 PM »
I always wondered where Andalites go to meet each other when their home planet has no cities? Also, how much grazing land does each family have? Do some share? I NEED CULTURAL AND OTHER BASIC INFO!
K.A. Didn't tell us enough about her Alien children.
Meh.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #566 on: March 25, 2010, 02:32:11 PM »
I completely agree--a third of TAC took place on the Taxxon Homeworld, all of HBC and most of #34 took place on the Hork-Bajir homeworld, half of TEC took place on Ket, and an entire regular series book took place on the Iskoort Homeworld, who we never heard from again, and NOT ONE SCENE TOOK PLACE ON THE ANDALITE HOMEWORLD.

what's up with that
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #567 on: March 25, 2010, 06:40:44 PM »
whats up w/that is that KA sucks at explaining things. she does not have the capability to do that.
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

VisserZer0

« Reply #568 on: March 25, 2010, 07:09:30 PM »
I completely agree--a third of TAC took place on the Taxxon Homeworld, all of HBC and most of #34 took place on the Hork-Bajir homeworld, half of TEC took place on Ket, and an entire regular series book took place on the Iskoort Homeworld, who we never heard from again, and NOT ONE SCENE TOOK PLACE ON THE ANDALITE HOMEWORLD.

what's up with that
There was that weird distorted version of time that Elfangor, Loren and Visser Three created. That included part of the homeworld but it was a weird, time-warpified version. Hey, at least we know what color the sky is.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #569 on: March 26, 2010, 01:01:04 AM »
yeah with a paragraph summary of how Andalite society works. DOESN'T COUNT.
I go off topic on purpose.