Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234317 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2008, 09:43:12 PM »
Obviously, someone does not live in an area populated by millions upon millions of LOUD flippin' CRICKETS!!!
AAAAuurghghh!!!! It's enough to drive ye' mad!
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2008, 10:05:46 PM »
I've gotten used to them. But millions? That would probably drive me insane. Ah, PETA'll probably be after me for killing spiders, too, then.

Know what bugs me? When people write awesome fanfics but take at least three months to update.
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2008, 09:12:13 AM »
Is that directed at anyone in particular (I take forever to update, but I wouldn't call any of mine awesome, so I'll assume that you mean someone else  ^-^)?
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
  • im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2008, 09:20:25 AM »
What I miss is DinosuarNothlit's fanfics.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2008, 10:31:24 AM »
Obviously, someone does not live in an area populated by millions upon millions of LOUD flippin' CRICKETS!!!
AAAAuurghghh!!!! It's enough to drive ye' mad!
I live out in the country. I'm used to crickets. I've also gotten used to cicidas, since living out on the lake in recent years. It's just nightly background noise to me.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline TheFearlessLeader

« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »
Anyone ever see this??

http://fitey777.proboards79.com/index.cgi

I found it interesting.. >:D
I went to the window and looked up at the stars. Somewhere up there, around one of those
cold, twinkling stars, was the Andalite home world. Somewhere up there was . . . hope.

<They'll come,> Tobias said. <The Andalites will come. And until then . . . >

I nodded and wiped away my tears. "Yeah," I said. "Until then, we fight."

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2008, 11:10:57 AM »
yeah. someone posted that in RAF classic. i'm actually a member on that forum...although I don't remember my password.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2008, 12:36:03 PM »
I live out in the country. I'm used to crickets. I've also gotten used to cicidas, since living out on the lake in recent years. It's just nightly background noise to me.

I'd be used to them, too, except for three problems:

1. These aren't just crickets. They are city crickets. They are Camel Crickets. BIG HONKIN' CRICKETS, and each and every one of them has a 70 + decibel chirp. For the uninformed, that is a loudness level just below the noise of a washing machine, and well above the loudness of a normal conversation. Five of them together can cause hearing loss over a prolonged time. Millions of them are more than sufficient to drive me completely batty.

2. There are millions of them, and every last one of them wants to get his noisy self indoors (in other words, inside my HOUSE) every time it rains. It rains a LOT, out here.

3. There is a large holly bush below my bedroom window, right next to my bed. Several thousand crickets live in or near it. They are louder than the traffic on the interstate (freeway), which is VERY close to my house. At night, it gets REALLY loud. Painfully loud. Drive-you-up-the-walls-in-agony LOUD.

The only thing that keeps me from going totally bonkers? The walls of my house are almost perfect, acoustically, which means that any sound INSIDE my room STAYS inside my room, and any sound outside it stays outside it, provided that the windows are all closed.

However, my family has a bad habit of opening windows.

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2008, 12:37:22 PM »
Anyone ever see this??

http://fitey777.proboards79.com/index.cgi

I found it interesting.. >:D

Haha, this is reminding me of the days when my friend and I used to sneak off at recess and tell each other about the weird dude who disappears every three days. Or how we would dare each other to sneak into the janitor's closet, but neither of us ended up doing it. Good times, good times.  :P
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2008, 01:26:56 PM »

I'd be used to them, too, except for three problems:

1. These aren't just crickets. They are city crickets. They are Camel Crickets. BIG HONKIN' CRICKETS, and each and every one of them has a 70 + decibel chirp. For the uninformed, that is a loudness level just below the noise of a washing machine, and well above the loudness of a normal conversation. Five of them together can cause hearing loss over a prolonged time. Millions of them are more than sufficient to drive me completely batty.

2. There are millions of them, and every last one of them wants to get his noisy self indoors (in other words, inside my HOUSE) every time it rains. It rains a LOT, out here.

3. There is a large holly bush below my bedroom window, right next to my bed. Several thousand crickets live in or near it. They are louder than the traffic on the interstate (freeway), which is VERY close to my house. At night, it gets REALLY loud. Painfully loud. Drive-you-up-the-walls-in-agony LOUD.

The only thing that keeps me from going totally bonkers? The walls of my house are almost perfect, acoustically, which means that any sound INSIDE my room STAYS inside my room, and any sound outside it stays outside it, provided that the windows are all closed.

However, my family has a bad habit of opening windows.
I see. Your pain far exceeds my own. Might I suggest ear muffs or plugs? You may have already thought of that before, though. If you really are loosing too much sleep, then it's a serious issue. Not getting enough sleep is a health risk.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2008, 01:28:23 PM »
then why don't you just close all the windows in your room? there should be only like 1 or 2 at the most.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2008, 01:31:54 PM »
businesses that think they have the right to screw over their employees. >:(
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »
Going offline for awhile. See ya'!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2008, 02:21:13 PM »
Going offline for awhile. See ya'!
Bye. We'll miss you.

I do like her. She's nice.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2008, 02:22:19 PM »
Yes. She is...Also a bit too smart...
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.