Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 233906 times)

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #480 on: July 08, 2009, 02:24:55 PM »
I dislike the way things like Andalites are described each and every book.
I know that makes it so you can start anywhere, but when you do the series through, it's pages and pages of the same thing.

And really, they shouldn't define thermals every book either :P
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline rocklobster

« Reply #481 on: July 08, 2009, 03:21:31 PM »
Why does Ax use a frolis maneuver on the Animorphs to get a human morph?  That always bugged me

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #482 on: July 08, 2009, 03:23:28 PM »
Well, it seems like the best choice to me...Better than ambushing some random guy walking down the street and acquiring him.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #483 on: July 08, 2009, 03:23:56 PM »
Because he couldn't just acquire a random human. What if said human ran into an identical copy of themselves? That could be problematic. Also, at that point of the series they didn't acquire a person without consent. The easiest way to get consent is with the Ani's.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline foxglade

• Wait. Hold the intergalactic phone!
    • In My Life
« Reply #484 on: July 09, 2009, 05:12:18 AM »
I dislike the way things like Andalites are described each and every book.
I know that makes it so you can start anywhere, but when you do the series through, it's pages and pages of the same thing.

And really, they shouldn't define thermals every book either :P

I always said that I hated how everything is explained at the start of every Harry Potter book. I mean, why bother reading it if you haven't read the ones before it? I mean, every Anibook they always state EVERYTHING about the Animorphs, the Yeerks... really time consuming and boring :(

oh! just had a really random thought... they never describe Andalite ears

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:18:11 AM by foxglade »
My String, My Rules. But the teacher made me throw my string away. :(
http://www.tobias-perigrine.blogspot.com
I see a little silhouette of a man SCARAMOUCH SCARAMOUCH will you do the fandango?
You can laugh or you can cry. Personally? I do both. At the same time.
Animorphs: The first 10 were light, funny, still innocent. But slowly, it got darker, more moral, passionate and mature. And then it was messy, bloody. It was chaos. It was the end.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #485 on: July 09, 2009, 06:02:14 AM »
they're useless too. I started reading with #3 and even with those descriptions, I had no idea what was going on until I read #1.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #486 on: July 09, 2009, 07:11:21 AM »
Me as well. I remember being just as confused about some things as I read #8, until I read previous books. I remember being confused about what Jake's battle morph was. It's discribed as liquid steel, or something like that. I was thinking "Wow, that's awesome and mysterious!" then later "Oh wait, it's just a tiger."

Further, why don't they just call it telepathy? Everyone knows what telepathy is. Though thought speak is somewhat self explanatory.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #487 on: July 09, 2009, 09:05:31 AM »
The target audience was, what, 10-13?  Basic writing style, same with newspapers.  Don't use a more high-brow word where a simple one will suffice.
"Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn børk! børk! børk!" - The Swedish Chef.

“He is very wise man and very strong - although perhaps not so strong as his father Barbara.  Tough guy!" - Borat, on President Bush.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #488 on: July 09, 2009, 09:30:13 AM »
I would expect an ~13 year old to know what telepathy is. But I guess it doesn't matter.

It never bothered me that Ax did the frolis maneuver with his teammates to get a Human morph. That would be the safest and most convenient way, especially with the "No sentient morphs without permission" rule. What I find odd is that he didn't stop with just Jake and Marco. He acquired Rachel and Cassie too.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #489 on: July 09, 2009, 10:06:05 AM »
I would expect an ~13 year old to know what telepathy is. But I guess it doesn't matter.

Only the reasonably intelligent ones.  The others have been raised on MTV Cribs and don't know a book from their butt.
"Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn børk! børk! børk!" - The Swedish Chef.

“He is very wise man and very strong - although perhaps not so strong as his father Barbara.  Tough guy!" - Borat, on President Bush.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #490 on: July 09, 2009, 10:11:28 AM »
Maybe you're right. I was raised on X-Men, where two main characters are psychics.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #491 on: July 09, 2009, 11:23:29 AM »
The target audience was, what, 10-13?  Basic writing style, same with newspapers.  Don't use a more high-brow word where a simple one will suffice.

Please. I've noticed words like obsequious being used in Animorphs books. If you can get away with friggen obsequious, you can get away with telepathy.

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #492 on: July 09, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »
You'll also notice the "BING BAM BOOM TSEEW TSEEW" and two/three line paragraphs.

Obsequious seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

TSEEW!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #493 on: July 09, 2009, 11:45:55 AM »
Hey, onomatopoeia's are awesome. :P How ELSE would we know what a Dracon Beam sounds like?

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #494 on: July 09, 2009, 12:12:06 PM »
SCREW imagination!

"Damn TV!  You've ruined my imagination, just like you've ruined my ability to...uh..." - Bart.