Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234384 times)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2008, 01:56:59 AM »
Aw I wish we had red-tails in Australia. no fairs.

I accused a butterfly of being an Animorph the other day...
so I helped it get to a garden.

and then later, I saw a caterpillar, told Mum to be nice to it and take it to the garden. She ended up throwing it toward the garden, so I apologised to it. I said "sorry Jake, Marco, or whoever, if you're an Animorph!"
yea my Mum thinks I'm nuts by now...
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2008, 08:19:37 PM »
As for totally random thoughts. My sister and myself were walking this evening and had a whole out discussion about Andalite anatomy. Like how would organs be arranged and how things would work. No idea how that got started, but it lasted a good 15-20 minutes.

We touched briefly on Hork-Bajir and Yeerk anatomy as well. Though not as extensive as our Andalite discussion.

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2008, 08:28:29 PM »
I finally read #53 a few days ago, and I absolutely loved when Tobias told off Jake at the end. It broke my heart.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2008, 09:44:40 PM »
As for totally random thoughts. My sister and myself were walking this evening and had a whole out discussion about Andalite anatomy. Like how would organs be arranged and how things would work. No idea how that got started, but it lasted a good 15-20 minutes.

We touched briefly on Hork-Bajir and Yeerk anatomy as well. Though not as extensive as our Andalite discussion.

Haha yea that'd be a fun conversation, lol.

Like how the heck can they eat with hooves? that just blows my mind, haha
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2008, 12:21:42 PM »
Like how the heck can they eat with hooves? that just blows my mind, hah

Ya know, I don't think we actually talked about that. We talked about the placement of the hearts, how big their lungs would be. Where would organs be in the first place and would they have doubles of anything since they have the humanoid torso and the deer/horse back? What sort of digestive/elimination system would they have since they don't chew stuff? How big would an andalite baby be? How would their spine work since it has to curve from torso to deer/horse body and the tail.

Do they have double rib cages? I guess they'd have to in order to support everything.

Yeah, like I said we had a good 15 minute discussion. We also briefly wondered how the Yeerks could have a complex brain being as they are. Since I'm pretty sure it's been said that creatures with small structures can't have complex brains...or something like that. Things have to be a certain way in order for a complex brain to be possible. I don't know, gotta look that up.

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2008, 12:23:18 PM »
Wow...that's...Quite interesting, actually. Something for obsessive nerds like us to ponder. 
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2008, 12:32:45 PM »
Like how the heck can they eat with hooves? that just blows my mind, hah

Ya know, I don't think we actually talked about that. We talked about the placement of the hearts, how big their lungs would be. Where would organs be in the first place and would they have doubles of anything since they have the humanoid torso and the deer/horse back? What sort of digestive/elimination system would they have since they don't chew stuff? How big would an andalite baby be? How would their spine work since it has to curve from torso to deer/horse body and the tail.

Do they have double rib cages? I guess they'd have to in order to support everything.

Yeah, like I said we had a good 15 minute discussion. We also briefly wondered how the Yeerks could have a complex brain being as they are. Since I'm pretty sure it's been said that creatures with small structures can't have complex brains...or something like that. Things have to be a certain way in order for a complex brain to be possible. I don't know, gotta look that up.
I have a few theories on
Andalite anatomy and Yeerk brains.

Andalites might have a kind of bone structure linking the top part with the lower part. This way the spine doesn't really curve like that. Two parts hook to the bone(s). As for the tail, I'm not sure. Scorpions have forward swinging tails, which it why Andalite tails are often compared to scorpions.

As for Yeerk brains, Yeerks tend to be influenced by their hosts. Hork-Bajir controllers tend to have less intelligence and more trouble speaking than Human controllers. Visser Three has a HUGE ego and superiority complex, which may be caused by inhabiting an Andalite.

This makes me think that Yeerks don't really have sophisticated brains. Maybe just memories or something, but a lot of it has to do with the host's. Kind of a mental symbiosis type thing, where the host brain influenced the mental capacity and possibly personality of the Yeerk.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2008, 12:38:57 PM »
As for Yeerk brains, Yeerks tend to be influenced by their hosts. Hork-Bajir controllers tend to have less intelligence and more trouble speaking than Human controllers. Visser Three has a HUGE ego and superiority complex, which may be caused by inhabiting an Andalite.

This makes me think that Yeerks don't really have sophisticated brains. Maybe just memories or something, but a lot of it has to do with the host's. Kind of a mental symbiosis type thing, where the host brain influenced the mental capacity and possibly personality of the Yeerk.

Ok, I see what you're saying there. That makes sense.  :D

On another random note we loved how the Hork-Bajir aren't bladed for the sake of being scary. How perfectly suited they are for where they live and how each blade has a purpose.

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2008, 12:39:51 PM »
I think Animorphs was the first series to give me a headache...Stupid Ax and your advanced explanations.

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2008, 12:44:03 PM »
Stupid Ax and your advanced explanations.

Heh, that just made something pop in my head.

"Ax, explain it again like you would to a child."

*explanation is still way too complex*

"Um...ok...try explaining it like you would to....a Hork-Bajir! Only include simple pictures and sock puppets."

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2008, 12:45:23 PM »
Hahaha....Hahaha...

I think I actually understood like one or two...But I don't know.

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2008, 12:55:35 PM »
I'll have to re-read the series. It's been a while since I first read them. I was in grade school, so of course the complex explanations were way above me. Even in a kid's book. Heh. Will have to see if they're still just has confusing and if I really do need pictures and sock puppets to get it.

Of course...then you'd have to explain the concept of sock puppets to Ax. Could end up being to much of a hassle. Just smile, nod and assume he knows what the heck he's talking about.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2008, 01:05:39 PM »

Ok, I see what you're saying there. That makes sense.  :D

On another random note we loved how the Hork-Bajir aren't bladed for the sake of being scary. How perfectly suited they are for where they live and how each blade has a purpose.
I don't know if they ever explained the blade on the end of their tail. I think they have one. I imagine it might be a kind of anchor. They hook the blade into a tree so their tails can support them better.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2008, 03:22:10 PM »
They evolved as prey animals and that was their defense against their predators.
I think that with regards to eating Andalites have some kind of esophagus in each of their legs that's connected to the stomach. They probably have some kind of sphincter in what would be the soft center of their hooves that rips the grass up and sucks it in.
You know, we should all create a discussion and make a textbook anatomy illustration of an andalite someday! :nerd:
As for yeerks, of course they're sentient creatures; what part of science says they couldn't be?
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2008, 03:41:33 PM »
My head hurts again...

This is almost as bad as Ax...