Author Topic: Group Re-Read: Week 11, #10, The Android  (Read 8613 times)

Offline filmstu2005

Re: Group Re-Read: Week 11, #10, The Android
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 03:28:31 PM »
I liked the whole Chee-can't-commit-violent-acts programming. Some call it cliche, someone being as powerful as the Chee but practically defenseless, but I thought it was an interesting twist in the story.

The Chee alone could've destroyed the Yeerks.  I personally didn't like Marco in #26 The Attack. He was really hard on Erek for not being able to help the fight the Howlers. I didnt blame him for being scared, but he didnt have to mock Erek b/c of something beyond his control.

And what's up with the Chee being unable to delete memories? If an effin computer can do it by using the Trash Bin, then y the hell can't a Chee. Hmm. Some supercomputer he turned out to be, right?

I'd like to know how the Chee were able to graft Pemalite souls into wolves and create dogs. Im clueless on that.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 05:14:41 PM »

And what's up with the Chee being unable to delete memories? If an effin computer can do it by using the Trash Bin, then y the hell can't a Chee. Hmm. Some supercomputer he turned out to be, right?

Thats a good point. Maybe the Pemalites didn't write that into their programming for some unknown reason.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 05:45:50 PM »
this is beside the point, but don't you also have to empty the trash bin to delete it from memory? cuz if it just goes into the trash can, you can retrieve it.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 06:18:11 PM »
The chee don't have the same kind of brain we use. They aren't the computers we play with, they are neural networks. Deleting memories is probably like doing brain surgery or something.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 05:06:51 AM »
The chee don't have the same kind of brain we use. They aren't the computers we play with, they are neural networks. Deleting memories is probably like doing brain surgery or something.
well they can't do brain surgery as proven by book 29...

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 12:27:50 AM »
In this book we learn about the Chee and their creators, the Pemalites. What is your first impression of these two races?

LOVE them. I'm a huge fan of any humanoid dog-like creatures. There's a reason Anubis is my favorite of the Egyptian gods.

Do you think that it was a good decision for the Pemalites to prohibit violence in the Chee?

It was good at the time, because they couldn't have a Terminator situation and have the machines launch a rebellion.

One of the Chee, Chee-loros, makes the argument that the Animorphs cannot allow Erek to change his programming because they have never harmed another creature. Do you think that, given this fact, the Animorphs had no business helping Erek get the Pemalite Crystal? Or were they justified in their actions?

Totally justified. It's not like they were forcing Erek to become violent - HE wanted it. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, and that means Free-Will as well.

The Chee 'grafted' the Pemalite soul into wolves, to create dogs. What the heck does that mean?

It means pretty much that dogs have a part of that race in them, spiritually.

Do you think that Erek made a good decision to revert his programming back to include the prohibition on violence? Or did that decision just mean that the Animorphs almost died for nothing?

Not sure what I think of the decision itself, however they didn't almost die for nothing as they had still needed to get that crystal out of Yeerk hands in order to save Earth.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »

Questions
1) In this book we learn about the Chee and their creators, the Pemalites. What is your first impression of these two races?
[quote/]
that they are so awesome, and their planet sounds sooo cool.  :P

2) Do you think that it was a good decision for the Pemalites to prohibit violence in the Chee?
i'm not sure if it's a good decision, but since the pemelites don't have violence, it makes sense that they did

4) The Chee 'grafted' the Pemalite soul into wolves, to create dogs. What the heck does that mean?
i have no idea, maybe they like, somehow, did something like the luxxcilia or something of Aldrea's in #34 and did something like that but different put it in wolves
5) Do you think that Erek made a good decision to revert his programming back to include the prohibition on violence? Or did that decision just mean that the Animorphs almost died for nothing?
i think it was a good decision, and the animorphs so didn't die for nothing, now the yeerks can't control all the computers
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 09:51:54 PM »
I was just looking over this one last night.

At least it's better than "My Name is Erek"...I really wasn't happy with that ep.

You all answer the questions better than I could LOL

Offline stephxgx

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 07:16:00 AM »
I know these are old posts but something thats bugged me about this book......if there hard wired for non violence how was eric able to change the programming surely the non violent part would stop him changing it?