Author Topic: Animorphs gets Analyzed  (Read 4011 times)

Offline wolfev

Animorphs gets Analyzed
« on: June 28, 2008, 08:49:10 PM »
This is not complete because its google books, but I think I found probably the greatest and most overdone analysis on Animorphs ever. This guy makes a few good points, but he crosses the line a few times too.
http://books.google.com/books?id=w82cAys5T-QC&pg=PA159&lpg=PA159&dq=ChiLPA+animorphs&source=web&ots=FMY0XVLV87&sig=Xra0L_VWB7MBhB1QDrArznjQNpc&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Animorphs gets Analyzed
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 09:00:33 PM »
I started reading, got a bit bored, and skimmed the rest. I don't really understand what that had to do with the Animorph series. Maybe I missed something, but can you be more specific about what I'm supposed to be looking at?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline wolfev

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »
This is an intellectual paper written on the Animorphs. Just scroll down a few pages and it will make sense.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

esplin

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 10:25:15 AM »
i once read a thing that said animorphs was the devil, and im not joking

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 06:20:32 PM »
that reminds of Waterboy (you'll understand if you've seen it)
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

esplin

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 07:21:27 PM »
lol i have not seen it though kelly :P

Offline Kagebutterfly

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 01:06:26 AM »
that paper was boring. As for the Animorphs being the devil, I've heard that before, too, but its just extremeist groups going above bored about things that don't really matter and don't understand fiction from non-fiction

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 05:33:44 AM »
Yea, i read that article a while back. It said Animorphs went against God because it practiced shapeshifting, which is of witchcraft. The interesting thing it mentioned was about Crayak and Ellimist. How they were allusions to God and the Devil. And to me it really does seem that way. What do you guys think?

I understood the point the other article was trying to make, using an analogy to relate animorphs to its children's reading level. But it was still way too much to read. got bored

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 09:45:14 AM »
I read a site that was talking about animorphs, pokemon, Harry Potter, and other stuff being the devil. I think we might be thinking of the same thing.

Ani-Master 2014!

esplin

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 09:54:05 AM »
people like that are just weird, why cant anything just be what it is and not some media incarnation of the devil

Offline Starsword

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 10:35:39 AM »
The Animorphs get Ani-lyzed? Eh? Eh?
Until then we fight.

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
  • im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 10:43:13 AM »
Ba-dum bum *chh*

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Toby

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 01:17:18 PM »

LOL, that was good.

And yeah, Animorphs is just fiction. And the shape-shifting comes from technology, not magic or whatever. There are so many other books out there that actually do have stuff like that and it seems like they get less negative publicity sometimes. Not fair if you ask me.

Anyways, I think Animorphs has an overall positive and inspiring message to it. Like how everyone is equal and can make a difference, like how the disabled children help out the Animorphs a lot. The series also shows how ignorance of certain groups creates prejudice and hardship for both sides. Like with the Andalites and the Yeerks, and even Ax and vecols. But it also suggests that this can be overcome with compassion, tolerance, and sacrifice. Like with book 19 I think.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 01:34:50 PM by Toby »

Offline Starsword

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 01:48:21 PM »
i agree. Oddly enough, its kind of a positive outlook on war, suggesting that everyone is an individual, whether good or bad, and no group is inherently evil.
Until then we fight.