Author Topic: Congratulations Everyone  (Read 13824 times)

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
Re: Congratulations Everyone
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 08:35:46 PM »
wow awesome job everyone involved, it really shows how much work went into it

the changes to the audio seem to work well, i definitely sound much more like a 13 year old than the original recordings did lol

hopefully this gets this whole dang project off the ground! cant wait!

and i agree the video doesnt need much flash, im not looking at the picture right now as im listening
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 08:41:22 PM by Duff »

Offline ellie

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 04:00:13 AM »
I loooove the girl that plays Cassie, soooo talented!!!!

She's so clear and concise and theres sooo much emotion in her voice.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 04:03:08 AM by ellie »

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 04:21:18 PM »
I loooove the girl that plays Cassie, soooo talented!!!!

She's so clear and concise and theres sooo much emotion in her voice.
I'm sure she will be glad to hear this. I'm just directing and even I think it's awesome people think it's cool we are doing this. However it's even better in my mind that people think we are actually good at what we are doing.

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
So I haven't checked in for a couple of days, but uh hows chapter 2 coming along?

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 10:09:22 AM »
Yeah, I haven't gotten any PM updates in weeks, so just checking to see if there's any current work required of me at the moment? I don't want people getting mad that I haven't done anything in awhile, lol

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 01:23:01 PM »
Don't worry! We'll PM as necessary if we're missing parts. I think the thought right now is putting out about one chapter/month for the time being. Until we get things running a little more smoothly, that seems like a reasonable goal.

Offline Mr. Guy36

• im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 08:48:07 PM »
Hmmm....I'm hoping we can move a bit faster than that, but definitely keep it steady. The last thing we want to do is build up expectations we can't meet.

On that subject, does anyone want to time chapter 2? It will mostly be just copyediting, seeing as Rachel is the only character.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 03:25:17 AM »
Okay guys I have a proposal for you. I have done a few calculations and I have thought of a fairly simple way to make it so that this audio book doesn't take 3.6 years to finish (which currently is when it's scheduled to finish). If we get four timers (one being Jess naturally) and we could probably get a few of the current actors and we assign a chapter to get done every two weeks or so.

By doing this each timer will have 11 chapters to time on their own, but they will only have to time a single chapter once every eight weeks. This would allow us to finish the book by week 36 of next year (not sure what month that is).

One thing I do realize is that some people are either in school or working full time and we should always encourage people to put those things first rather than doing poorly in something because we wanted them to get an audio book done instead.

Anyways that is my proposal. Naturally a vote is in order by those who are working on the book and of course by those in charge of this whole thing. Also if we do this we need to make sure we people will actually sign up to be timers so keep that in mind when voting.

So what do you guys say ?

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 08:22:08 AM »
I probably wouldn't be able to. My personal life takes up far too much time these days, hence why I'm hardly on the site recently. Also, was there really a need to post that in here AND send a PM with the exact same thing in it?

Post Merged: February 03, 2010, 12:55:14 PM
Since there's now a Youtube page, I was thinking that in the future, once we have more content posted on there, we can also do kind of like a 'Special Features' thing where we have some bloopers as well as interviews with the people involved and all that stuff.

Also, I think we should put 'Animorphs' some place in the title and description of the videos on Youtube so then when people do a search for 'Animorphs', they will be among the? things that pops up. As of right now it just says 'RAF' and 'Megamorphs' but not actually 'Animorphs' anywhere, therefore it won't show up at all if someone was to search youtube for Animorphs-related stuff.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:55:14 PM by Slushie Man »

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »
I probably wouldn't be able to. My personal life takes up far too much time these days, hence why I'm hardly on the site recently. Also, was there really a need to post that in here AND send a PM with the exact same thing in it?

Post Merged: February 03, 2010, 12:55:14 PM

I only sent pm's because I thought it would save time instead of everybody just discovering my post randomly at any given time. I do agree with you on the youtube suggestion though.
anyways that's one person against it

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 06:20:52 PM »
I don't know the first thing about timing and likely will not have the time myself to do it. However, if you need me to step in over the summer months I'd be more than happy to.

I'm mostly concerning myself with making sure my recordings are in on time (which they have been). I don't know exactly what goes into post-editing.

I would like there to be more than one chapter put out a month, eventually, but right now I think everyone is still getting into the swing of how everything works. It isn't just a matter of recording the lines and posting them. More goes into it. So....yeah...idk if that was remotely helpful, but I don't think it matters. I'm just a lowly voice actor. Tell me to read, and I read. That's what I do. :P

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 08:43:17 PM »
I don't know the first thing about timing and likely will not have the time myself to do it. However, if you need me to step in over the summer months I'd be more than happy to.

I'm mostly concerning myself with making sure my recordings are in on time (which they have been). I don't know exactly what goes into post-editing.

I would like there to be more than one chapter put out a month, eventually, but right now I think everyone is still getting into the swing of how everything works. It isn't just a matter of recording the lines and posting them. More goes into it. So....yeah...idk if that was remotely helpful, but I don't think it matters. I'm just a lowly voice actor. Tell me to read, and I read. That's what I do. :P
I would pretty much say that is two against

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 08:46:36 PM »
She said she could do it in the summer.

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 12:42:05 AM »
*Does a quick look back*
Oh my bad

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 05:42:51 PM »
I'm already signed up as a timer, otherwise I'd volunteer... But I'm not up until chapter 3...
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem