Author Topic: silly somewhat sentimental question .....  (Read 3733 times)

Offline Ferahgo

• My Artwork
Re: silly somewhat sentimental question .....
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 06:33:58 PM »
Always wanted a chick like Rachel....in fact, I wished I had a circle like that. Most of my friends resemble Marco, which is kool, but lacks balance.

When I was a kid I wanted a guy like Tobias, then I realized how screwed up a real-life Tobias would be in a relationship. Then I wanted a Jake. Now, I have an Ax.  8)

Offline JohnBlaze

• I'm telling you, Rachel's alive, I saved her
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 12:51:52 AM »
whoa....u got an Andalite?!?!?!?
lol jk jk
If I was an Animorph, we would've won in two weeks...just sayin'

Alic

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 01:57:14 AM »
I need a Marco. Yep.

Offline Ferahgo

• My Artwork
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 04:11:25 AM »
whoa....u got an Andalite?!?!?!?
lol jk jk

Basically, yes. :) Take a tall, educated, logical nerd, give him a pinch of awkward asperger's and a dash of Spock, and you basically have an Andalite. Trapped in human form, of course.

He could stand to be a bit bluer, though. And he keeps his love of sweets under control - most of the time.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 12:21:29 PM »
I need a Marco. Yep.

Yeah, I ended up with a Marco. For sure.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Alic

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »
I need a Marco. Yep.

Yeah, I ended up with a Marco. For sure.

lucky.. if you find a spare marco...
a single marco...
let me know.

Offline JohnBlaze

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 01:31:46 PM »
If I find a Rachel, i'm marrying her....and I forgot that I have a Cassie around, no Jake or Tobias tho :/

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 11:37:41 AM »
I'm with the first camp. What interested me in Animorphs was the world setting---the differences in cultures between the Andalites, Yeerks, and Hork-Bajir. And what we got of the Taxxon culture. : ) I wouldn't wish a parasitic species upon the human race exactly, but I'm fascinated by strange places.

.......this is possibly because I find my own culture incredibly boring and too material. :p

The other thing that "stayed with me" was the high cost of war. The Animorphs series showcased this countless times. The Andalites and Yeerks had cultures that were eventually consumed by the war between the two of them. The Yeerks more so, the Andalites less so. And six children had their lives altered forever by the guerilla war they fought on Earth. But the books also discuss practically every other subject too: racism, bits of enviornmentalism, freedom and slavery, Stockholm Syndrome in pieces.....they were complicated! :D

Offline WildAtHeart

• My Myspace
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 10:23:12 PM »

i somehow ended up with a Marco as well haha. i actually never thought about it until reading this thread but he is totally Marco lol

The other thing that "stayed with me" was the high cost of war. The Animorphs series showcased this countless times. The Andalites and Yeerks had cultures that were eventually consumed by the war between the two of them. The Yeerks more so, the Andalites less so. And six children had their lives altered forever by the guerilla war they fought on Earth. But the books also discuss practically every other subject too: racism, bits of enviornmentalism, freedom and slavery, Stockholm Syndrome in pieces.....they were complicated! :D

yeah whenever i go back and re-read the series, that always sticks out to me. i think that's why they are 1 of the few books i read as a kid that i can still read now

Offline JohnBlaze

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 01:22:53 AM »
The funny thing is....when I was young, I wished that I could have had that lifestyle, cus my middle school years were so boring....and now, I finally see the central idea of the lost of  innocence as a child, and world corrupiton and all that stuff....but hey, that's how it is, you wish for a Chee, but in the end you just meet another Erek.

Offline Mystic Skye

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »
None of you people speculate if your sketchy neighbor is a controller?
lol i did :) and i used to touch various animals just to seee if maybe... my kittys name is edi and i will always wonder when i look up at the sky :)
RAF dating the sweet and adorable Adam <3

Offline Vanish

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 01:41:15 PM »
lol i did :) and i used to touch various animals just to seee if maybe... my kittys name is edi and i will always wonder when i look up at the sky :)

Haha I'm guilty of this too.
O(o_o)O

Offline banffslovechild

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2010, 08:56:46 PM »
I think that is so great! I will always love these books, these characters. To me, they were real and always will be :) Message me sometime - any of you guys  - we can chat :) I totally, totally try to acquire animals! haha. And, I would definately end up with Marco :P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 08:59:23 PM by banffslovechild »

Offline dragonarmy

• Livejournal
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2010, 11:45:29 PM »
Always wanted a chick like Rachel....in fact, I wished I had a circle like that. Most of my friends resemble Marco, which is kool, but lacks balance.

When I was a kid I wanted a guy like Tobias, then I realized how screwed up a real-life Tobias would be in a relationship. Then I wanted a Jake. Now, I have an Ax.  8)

I'm definitely a Rachel, and I dated a Tobias in high school. He and I recently hooked up when I was back in my hometown, and what I used to find so endearing about him, I now find majorly annoying. I'm still not sure where that's going to go; he wants to move to where I'm living now to be with me. I'm interested in a Jake-type guy right now, and he's definitely more of where I want to be, relationship-wise. We'll see.

Pink Ranger Patty, I work with a Marco. *pushes him your way*

As for the cheesy impact Animorphs has had on my life, well . . . I think it really taught me about endurance. Things get hard, things get rough, and you just have to keep going.
You were brave. You were good. You mattered.

Offline redhawk23

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 02:33:59 AM »
for starters redhawk23 has been my screen name for close to a decade, purely out of my love for tobias.  the characters always struck me as fully rounded people and yet always represented parts of my self and parsts of who i aspired to be.   Many of things I consider to be part of being a true leader I've recently realised come largely from Jake's thoughts on the matter and the others' thoughts about jake.   along with the overall story each of the characters had conflicts within themselves or their family life.  I think these books teach how to aproach them and begin to find solutions.

also I can never look at animals without thinking of their particular psychology and instincts.  These books represent a major part of my early adolescent years. now i've begun the work of trying to get my younger cousins to begin reading them.