Author Topic: silly somewhat sentimental question .....  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

silly somewhat sentimental question .....
« on: December 20, 2009, 05:31:59 AM »
Right now atm where i'm at, its middle of summer. When I was young and well into animorphs, about 12-15 years old, In these hot, long clear summer nights, late at night, mostly around midnight to like 1 or 2am, when i look up at the clear, star filled sky i find myself thinking of the andalites, the animorphs and imagine all the possibilities that is up out there. At my house i can easily get onto the verandah room below my bedroom window. i usually read The Andalite Chronicles, before i go to bed, and then after that I'd lay below the night sky for while, watching the stars and imagining them up there, the mighty andalite dome ships, elfangor and ax, and other space faring peoples from the animorph universe haha.

And when i went to buy pizza or mcdonalds late at night with my dad, or went i hung out with my friends till late at night and we had to walk home i used to think of the animorphs when they had those late night missions, describing the luminescent glow of the 7-Eleven signs and stuff.

haha, these are some ways of how i loved animorphs as a kid.

How have the animorphs universe touched you guys? it will always hold a special place in my heart.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:35:23 AM by Acalio-Laron-Jaham »

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: silly somewhat sentimental question .....
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 10:17:25 AM »
I still think of summer when I think of Animorphs, because I started reading them the summer they came out...and I'd also enjoy looking up at the stars.  I still do that sometimes and wonder what's out there  ;D

I also named our family's dog Tobias (Toby for short)  ::) so he was a good reminder.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »
I still think of summer when I think of Animorphs, because I started reading them the summer they came out...and I'd also enjoy looking up at the stars.  I still do that sometimes and wonder what's out there  ;D

I also named our family's dog Tobias (Toby for short)  ::) so he was a good reminder.

lmao. You're the fourth person I know of who's done that. :P I named my cat Tobias/Toby. ;D

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 12:33:02 PM »
haha imagine actually having a pet bird and naming it tobias

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 07:31:12 PM »
Okay, you'll have to excuse what I'm sure will become a long, rambling, over-emotional response.

Where to begin?

Every single moment I get, I stare up at the stars. I imagine who and what is out there, how close they are to the images that appeared in Animorphs. I imagine a Blade Ship, hovering in orbit. I imagine the flashes of light that indicate a space battle, what Aldrea must have seen from the Hork-Bajir world. These days, I am usually at the dog park, which is on the edge of a large field, and I imagine that as I wait for my dog to finish doing its business I see a bright flash, and a ship crashes into the field. Sometimes it's an Andalite ship, sometimes a Bug Fighter. It doesn't matter what it is.

I like to be alone and stare at the stars and think about the different empires and cultures and races and their wars and who they are and what they might be. I suppose that's why I try to rationalize all of the books inconsistencies. I so very badly want it to be real. Humans place such an emphasis on their own selves, we're so self-absorbed (especially us Americans :P ), and I love thinking about those places beyond.

I've mentioned this before, but there really is nothing in my life that I don't somehow relate to Animorphs. I do think, though, that I focus more on the big picture...the races and cultures and galactic implications...than the actual story itself. The Animorphs themselves impacted me, yes, but the universe that surrounded the Animorphs is what keeps me looking up at the stars at night.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline roguebluejay

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 02:28:42 AM »
I used to think about this kind of stuff when I was walking home. Then I would realise that I was alone and I was like "darn it, I'm Tobias! I wanted to be Marco!"

Offline Vanish

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 03:35:30 PM »
Okay, you'll have to excuse what I'm sure will become a long, rambling, over-emotional response.

Where to begin?

Every single moment I get, I stare up at the stars. I imagine who and what is out there, how close they are to the images that appeared in Animorphs. I imagine a Blade Ship, hovering in orbit. I imagine the flashes of light that indicate a space battle, what Aldrea must have seen from the Hork-Bajir world. These days, I am usually at the dog park, which is on the edge of a large field, and I imagine that as I wait for my dog to finish doing its business I see a bright flash, and a ship crashes into the field. Sometimes it's an Andalite ship, sometimes a Bug Fighter. It doesn't matter what it is.

I like to be alone and stare at the stars and think about the different empires and cultures and races and their wars and who they are and what they might be. I suppose that's why I try to rationalize all of the books inconsistencies. I so very badly want it to be real. Humans place such an emphasis on their own selves, we're so self-absorbed (especially us Americans :P ), and I love thinking about those places beyond.

I've mentioned this before, but there really is nothing in my life that I don't somehow relate to Animorphs. I do think, though, that I focus more on the big picture...the races and cultures and galactic implications...than the actual story itself. The Animorphs themselves impacted me, yes, but the universe that surrounded the Animorphs is what keeps me looking up at the stars at night.

Teach it's like you read my mind, I'm exactly the same way. Whenever I look up at the stars at night I think about what could be happening out there. Whole other civilizations and peoples with their own lives and culture. There could be someone out there in this Galaxy or Universe looking up at the stars just like me and thinking the same exact thing as I am at the same exact time.  Also I'm guilty of wishing I saw a white flash from a crashing andalite ship as well, especially whenever I used to walk home from the mall with friends.  :P

Also LOL roguebluejay that made me laugh
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 03:37:47 PM by Vanish »
O(o_o)O

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 06:31:59 PM »

lmao. You're the fourth person I know of who's done that. :P I named my cat Tobias/Toby. ;D

if i get a cat i'm naming it 'dude'.

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 06:34:15 PM »
What about Fluffer McKitty? Oh, and i named my green anole jake. Too bad he died in a week...
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 07:27:03 PM »
My stepaunt had a cat named Kitty Bitty. I have long believed that cat was the inspiration for Fluffer McKitty. :P

VisserZer0

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 08:01:33 PM »
I know it made me a little more interested in animals (especially the ones they morphed). It was also one of the first book series' I actually got obsessed with (besides Harry Potter). I used to try and morph (to no avail (duh)).

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 08:07:50 AM »
LMFAO, bluejay. xD

well, let's say that i will never look at whales, dolphins, red-tailed hawks, flies, ants, horses.... you get the idea- the same way.

i suppose, most profoundly, it changed the way i see other people. ^^ it helped to get into the heads of a few characters and watch katmike change them... it was an intimate 'coming of age' story in that way. :P
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 06:51:29 PM »
After like a decade I'm rereading them, and I really have to wonder whether I liked (still do) the series so much because I had a lot of the character traits that the characters in the series had, or if I added their traits to my personality because I liked the series so much.  I mean reading through the books, I see so much of myself in so many places in there I really have to wonder.

I do look up at the stars a lot and wonder what could be

I already like animals when I started reading the books, but afterwards I fell in love with them.  Especially birds of prey.  an odd coincidence, a red tail moved into my neigboors yard last week, I always keep an eye out for him now.

I also have to wonder if my hatred of ants comes from the series  >:D

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 12:51:30 AM »
None of you people speculate if your sketchy neighbor is a controller?

Offline JohnBlaze

• I'm telling you, Rachel's alive, I saved her
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 12:41:16 AM »
Always wanted a chick like Rachel....in fact, I wished I had a circle like that. Most of my friends resemble Marco, which is kool, but lacks balance.
If I was an Animorph, we would've won in two weeks...just sayin'