Author Topic: why did Gafinilan choose to die??  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

why did Gafinilan choose to die??
« on: December 18, 2009, 11:57:54 AM »
the andalite from #40 i think. he had soola's disease, a fatal andalite disease which has no cure, except one can save themselves by morphing and staying in that body, becoming a nothlit.

I don't see why he didn't just either morph a human and stay as that, or simply morph mertil, his friend he was taking care off. they could of went on to live together long and happily, instead of just dying months after saving mertil from the yeerks. he should of done it for mertil. after all, there were both still stranded on earth, and after ganifilan goes, it would be lonely for mertil. though i guess, after #54, when andalites and earth are open, mertil would have gone back home.

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: why did Gafinilan choose to die??
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »
This can be discussed in the book 40 reread thread. Mainly I think it was honor. He died with dignity, instead of being called a coward by going nothlit.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Tim Bruening

Re: why did Gafinilan choose to die??
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 10:19:49 AM »
This can be discussed in the book 40 reread thread. Mainly I think it was honor. He died with dignity, instead of being called a coward by going nothlit.

Morphing is only a few decades old.  Why would Andalites have already developed a tradition that its dishonorable to dodge death by going nothlit?

So are Andalites calling Tobias a coward?