Author Topic: Sentences you'll never forget  (Read 30346 times)

Offline KleenexCow

• Hop the Next Bus and Run for the Border
Re: Sentences you'll never forget
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 12:58:45 AM »
"And oh, god, how could so much regret and so much sweetness and so muh sadness all be present in that single moment. I was already dead and missing my unlived life."

Seriously the saddest two sentences in the entire series. I teared up just typing them.

On a less serious note, I also will never forget (from 25):

< Say, Rachel, I've got a joke for you. >
< No you don't, > she said.
I ignored the warning. < Two blonds are standing across the river frm one another... >
< Hey, > Tobias interrupted. < Remember, I'm a blond, too. It may be dirty-blond, but it's blond. >
< Yeah, for a couple of hours a week, > I said. < Anyway, the one blond calls out to the other blonde "How do I get to the other side?" >
< That is very funny, Marco, > Ax said brightly.
< I haven't told the punchline yet, Ax, > I replied. < And the blond across the river calls back to her, "You ARE on the other side!" >
< That does it, > Rachel said. < Time for Plan B. >
"Everyone has to die, it's true. But first we get to live." --"El Paso," Jason Anderson
------
Animorph51 in Cassie's Barn @AOLchat in the late 90's
Mad Cow at Fanfiction.net
KleenexCow at Livejournal.com

esplin

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 09:06:10 PM »
/loves this thread

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 05:02:42 AM »
Nothing can beat Ax.

"Zestfully clean! Zestfully clean! You are not clean unless you are zestfully clean!"

"I merely wish to enjoy the brown globules!"

"The men who are young and restless do not wear shirts. I am young. and I am occasionally restless."
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline powertrash

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »
KA Applegates's Authors Note at the end of #54:

You may now demorph.

-

The scene in 30 where Marco berates the imaginary kid criticizing him for killing his mother. The whole scene sticks in my head:

Someday, if we won, if humanity survived, we'd be in the history books. Me and Jake and Rachel and Cassie and Tobias and Ax. They'd be household names, like generals from World War II or the Civil War. Patton and Eisenhower, Ulysses Grant and Robert E. Lee.
Kids would study us in school. Bored, probably.
Some kid would laugh. Some kid would say, "Cold, man. That was really cold."
I had to do it, kid. It was a war. It's the whole point, you stupid, smug, smirking little jerk! Don't you get it? It was the whole point. We hurt the innocent in order to stop the evil.
Innocent Hork-Bajir. Innocent Taxxons. Innocent human-Controllers.
How else to stop the Yeerks? How else to win?
No choice, you punk. We did what we had to do.
"Cold, man. The Marco dude? He was just cold."

-
"I am from Canada. I am Canadaese."

Probably tons more, but those pop into my head...especially the first one. The words "You May Now Demorph" made me feel that my childhood was over. It still makes me tear up, like I was morphing and traveling with the Anis for years on this great journey and now, it's over. Now, I can demorph. asfjkasfjlsfjlksf
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
[G.K. Chesterton]

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 10:06:20 PM »
"I did not want my obituary to say "Died from wounds substained while battling a fat house cat. That would be embarrasing."

Marco-The Discovery
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Axeme

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 05:34:38 AM »
Can't be bothered looking up the exact quote - but it's the part in the Andalite Chronicles when Elfangor and Arbron meet up again after being seperated. Elfangor tells Arbron to demorph from Taxxon, and Arbron says, 'I really wish I could, I really wish I could...' or something like that.

Arbron was always one of my favourite peripheral characters. I loved his development into the Taxxon leader later in the series.

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »
AIA (Ax Is Awesome)

"Do not worry, we are irresponsible teenage hoodlums, possibly
gang members, but you are not in any danger."

"You do not know me, but I
am a juvenile delinquent. I do not trust authority
figures, I probably will not graduate from high
school, and statistics say my present rowdiness
and vandalism will likely lead to more serious
crimes. I am a dangerous fellow, and I am causing
mayhem in this store."

He reached behind her and pulled three jars
of baby food from the top shelf. Shoved them behind
a box of macaroni. Shuffled the Cheez Whiz
in front of the Marshmallow Fluff. Tossed a bag
of lady's shavers onto a bag of hamburger buns.

"There. I have now shamelessly destroyed the
symmetry of this shelf, undoing hours of labor by
underpaid store employees. If you could see me,
you would be frightened."
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Homiegee

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »
SPOILER ALERT

Book 19 is full of these. There's three parts that really stick with me.

"Andalites, humans, there's no difference: You're both smug,
moralizing, superior races. You both live in beautiful worlds. You have
hands and eyes and the freedom to move about wherever you like. And you
hate us for wanting all those same things." -Aftran

"Hi, Cassie," she said.
"How are you?"
She looked at me with those familiar green eyes and said, "I'm free,
Cassie. She kept her promise. I'm free."
I couldn't say anything. Words wouldn't come out. I just knelt down and gave the little girl a hug.
One small victory. One girl free. One connection made with one of our
enemies. A very small peace.

I thought of Aftran, the enemy. I thought of her swimming blind in the Yeerk pool, with only her memories of a brighter world. She'd told me that humans live in paradise. She'd turned her back on paradise to
make a small peace. "Both, Rachel. And I like the blue. And the yellow. And that gross color
there. And the stripes. We live in paradise, Rachel, and we don't even know it. And we don't know when it might end. We'd have to be fools not to enjoy it while we can. So, whip out your credit card, girl, we're
adding some color!"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2010, 07:28:51 PM »
From HBC, an Esplin 9466 chapter:

I searched the data banks hungrily. And one day I realized I'd found my true calling.

I came across an old Andalite saying in the computer files. <Know your friends well. Know your enemies better.>

The Andalites were our enemies now.

Yes. Know your enemy.

That was my calling. That was the way to gaining my own host. I would learn all the computer held about the magnificent, powerful creatures called Andalites.

Someday we would face the Andalites in battle. Then I would be needed.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline loki604

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 09:37:17 AM »
Paraphrasing...

Marco: "It doesn't matter if they're space ants or plain old earth ants. Ants are just not nice people."

Rachel: "Ants are not nice people? There's a brilliant comment."

MM #2

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 07:25:51 PM »
Book thrity two with the two Rachels in the room Erek walks in:
"We're filming a doublemint commerical later"- Marco

"To the Yeerk Pool! Let's get some flamethrowers!- Mean Rachel

Book 8
"Greese. Salt and Greese-uh"- Ax
"I am Prince Jake's cousin Phillip."

"<well that's the kiss of death.>"
"it is?"
"<just an expresion Ax-man>"

Book 15 the Animorphs parrot sketch
"BAAWWWKKK. Try our spagetti with hair"
"BAAWWWKKK. Is that your nose or are you eatting a bannana?"
"BAAWWWKKK. We should all be flying free in our native habitat"
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2010, 10:39:45 AM »
I'm normally all about the more sentimental moments, but the image of this scene had me cracking up. Narrated by Marco, in book 20.

"You and me, Xena," I said.
Rachel arched one eyebrow at me. "You know, if I'm Xena, what's that make you?"
"Hercules, obviously."
"I was thinking more Joxer. Isn't that the annoying weenie who hangs around Xena?"
"Okay, that does it." I stuck my elbow up on the table, arm upright in the arm-wrestling position. "Let's go. Come on, let's settle this once and for all."
Jake yawned. "Shouldn't we have a pair of live scorpions to make it interesting?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline medomai

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2010, 02:49:34 AM »
Oh, man, I have so many but when I actually started to think about it, I couldn't remember specifics. Let me dig through books for a second... I read through the twenties a lot, so that is the stuff that sticks with me most.

Marco: "What's the deal with you, Cassie? Half the time you're giving us crap over being too ruthless or whatever. It's always, 'Oh, is this right?' and 'Oh, should we do this?' I mean, you're Miss Morality, and then when you have a bad night you just bail on us?'
"Fine. You have your morals and your fine feelings and all that. We'll go off and risk our lives to save the world. You just sit here and feel righteous."

22 I don't why I read the Solution over and over again, but the fury, the helplessness, the exhaustion really... not attracted me, but it clicked.

[When Rachel goes after David after David morphs Marco in the cafeteria. She confronts him and after some threats, they fight and she sticks a fork in his ear.] I fought a nauseating urge to twist the fork, to make him scream in pain.
I was still waiting for him to say something. Like maybe "It's okay, Rachel, no big deal." But nothing. Nothing! I wanted to scream at him: "Why did you let me go after David if you didn't think I was going to threaten him? You hypocrite!" But there wasn't time for that.
<Okay, okay,> David said with a laugh. <Okay, so you guys won. That's cool. I can accept that. Fine, I'll go my own way now.>
No one said anything.

"Someone tell the Chee and tell them they're doomed," I said. "Their only hope is a collection of idiot kids, standing around in the woods debating cable channels."
A cheerful thought-speak voice sang out in our heads. <Greetings, friends. We are happy to have you aboard. However, we would not want you to access this panel. It is possible that you might accidentally do yourself harm. And that would be so sad.>
Ax punched in the number six.
<That is the correct code! Our concerns were misplaced.>
"Oh, Marco the funny one! How's Mommy, Marco? Is she alive or is she dead? Does she scream with the Yeerk in her head? Cassie, the hypocrite? 'I don't believe in violence... except when I do.' Aximili, the pitiful, pale shadow of his dead brother? If only you'd insisted on going with Elfangor, maybe he'd have lived. Too bad. And Tobias, ah, yes, Tobias. The boy not really so trapped as a bird, eh, but too gutless to resume life as a human? And Rachel. My very favorite Animorph. Rachel, Rachel. Do you feel the adrenaline rush of murderous desire? Do you feel the urge to reach out and destroy me? Of course you do."

People don't understand the word ruthless. They think it means "mean." It's not about being mean. It's about seeing the bright, clear line that leads from A to B. The line that goes from motive to means. Beginning to end. It's about seeing that bright, clear line and not caring about anything but the beautiful fact that you can see the solution. Not caring about anything else but the perfection of it.

Megamorphs 3, Ax's chapter, on the beaches of Normandy during pseudo-WWII

I thought I understood humans. I understood nothing. They were mad! Lunatics. Evil, violent, destructive, hate-filled creatures.
<Ax-man! Are you hit?>
It was Tobias. I saw him, drifting, wings spread wide, above the smoke of battle.
<I am not injured,> I said. <But I must tell you: I am profoundly tired of your people.>

That's all I have now, but I've burst out into giggles over the course of my re-reading, so maybe I'll post humour shots later or something. =)

Offline Vanish

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2010, 03:11:15 AM »

The scene in 30 where Marco berates the imaginary kid criticizing him for killing his mother. The whole scene sticks in my head:

Someday, if we won, if humanity survived, we'd be in the history books. Me and Jake and Rachel and Cassie and Tobias and Ax. They'd be household names, like generals from World War II or the Civil War. Patton and Eisenhower, Ulysses Grant and Robert E. Lee.
Kids would study us in school. Bored, probably.
Some kid would laugh. Some kid would say, "Cold, man. That was really cold."
I had to do it, kid. It was a war. It's the whole point, you stupid, smug, smirking little jerk! Don't you get it? It was the whole point. We hurt the innocent in order to stop the evil.
Innocent Hork-Bajir. Innocent Taxxons. Innocent human-Controllers.
How else to stop the Yeerks? How else to win?
No choice, you punk. We did what we had to do.
"Cold, man. The Marco dude? He was just cold."

Loved this quote! Book #30 was my favorite in the series, there was so much emotion in it.
O(o_o)O

Offline bizarrocarlos

• "hey kids wanna turn into animals?" -marco
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 11:39:39 PM »
 ax:prince jake
jake: don't call me prince
ax:yes prince jake

how can anyone forget that?