Author Topic: What we really need.  (Read 10560 times)

Offline Mr. Guy36

• im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
What we really need.
« on: December 09, 2009, 09:02:21 PM »
Ok, I've been seeing a great number of people wanting to get acting roles. That's great, but that's not what we really need.

First of all, most of our major roles are filled. The project has at least existed in concept long enough for us to fill just about everything. Unfortunately, that leaves slim pickings for the newcomers.

Second, we need dedication. No offense to anyone who wants to join. Trust me; you will lose your enthusiasm. It's happened to all of us. That's why we're still struggling to do one chapter. The reason the cast is chosen like it is is that all these people have been around here long enough that I can personally see that they are dedicated to what they say they will do. Once again, no offense to new people. You're just that: new. Not lazy or slackers, just unproven. Stick around a while, we'll see what we can do.

Most importantly, there is TONS of other work to do other than talk. We need Directors to help actors perform better. We need Timers to cut multiple takes together from the whole cast into one work. We need managers. We really need managers. There is a lot of work involved in setting up and supporting the website to collect all of our work.

TL;DR?
If you want to help, please, PLEASE consider working on something other than acting.
Directors
Timers
Managers

It would really help.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
Re: What we really need.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 09:44:28 PM »
I could probably give directing a shot (I still want a talking part of Marco's Dad and Elfangor if possible) and can't do the timing because the fact is I don't know how and I might be a decent manager but you seriously need to give more details on what that is all about before I can tell you I will commit to that.

Also I realise I am new here but I am well versed in both animorphs and forums in general. I will truly commit to whatever you need me to do. I would love to see these get made so please don't hold me being new against me.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »
Another quick update. Guy and I talked tonight, and we're going to implement a requirement for any new voice actors for this project.

If your name is not currently on the cast list, assigned to a part, you will be required to prove your dedication to this project by acting as a timer or director for a minimum of one chapter.

In the future, we will also likely be enacting a rule for voice actors regarding timelines. They will be more strict, and if your lines are not submitted on time, a three strikes and you're out rule (or something similar) will be used.

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 03:54:06 PM »
Alright then what chapter can I direct then?

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 06:33:39 PM »
Chapter 1. I'll get you set up this weekend.

Offline faerykore

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 08:39:51 PM »
I was asked to be a timer in addition to my few acting roles. I'm available if any timing help is needed, just let me know what I need to do. Same goes for directing if any help is needed with that. And hey if any actors have dropped out of this I'm willing to take on additional female acting roles. As of now I'm Edriss 562 and Mrs. Chapman and at this rate they won't show up for a bit.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 11:24:32 PM »
Thanks Faery. We'll definitely be needing help with timing and directing. I'll let you know as soon as we're ready.

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 07:56:53 PM »
Chapter 1. I'll get you set up this weekend.
that's great but I can't wait until the week after that because I will be in Florida (Disney World) and I won't get back until Christmas Eve. However if we can get it going this weekend or sometime during the week before Thursday it should be all good.

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 09:16:46 PM »
I'd be willing to help, but I don't know how.  Granted Guy is living in the same house as me, he might be able to walk me through it.  Or something.  I'll have a chat with him and see if I can help in any way other than acting, I really do want to see this get started!
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 10:24:55 AM »
can I move ahead with directing the next couple chapters at this point? Chapter 2 isn't up yet because it's Rachel only, but when it is I would be happy to review her lines. Also as far as chapter three goes I could review Slushie Man's lines and others as they come up.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 11:13:28 AM »
Go right ahead Serraph. You did a GREAT job with your comments on the other chapters, and I'm not sure that our other directors are around/able to contribute at this point in time.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 01:10:27 PM »
Serraph, my lines should be up soon. They're recorded...I'm just waiting for Guy to convert them for me.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 04:45:03 PM »
Serraph, my lines should be up soon. They're recorded...I'm just waiting for Guy to convert them for me.
thats cool. Even if they weren't recorded I wouldn't really be worried because doing a chapter soley by yourself is much more difficult I'm sure.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 05:46:09 PM »
Kind of. Although there's only one voice actor to wait on, so that helps with getting things produced quickly. :) Hopefully, at least...

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Mr. Guy36

• im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 07:18:20 PM »
They're uploaded. I had to split them in 3 to get by the 10 MB upload limit. The two pieces came to 9.99 MB and 10.2 MB.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above