Author Topic: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel  (Read 34414 times)

Offline wolfev

Re: Amimorphs:The Graphic Novel
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 12:55:49 AM »
When they say manga style they don't imply the weird reading thing. The style refers to the design of the characters. Its kind of like how Avatar looks like anime but it isn't.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 01:23:24 AM »
A graphic novel is something that I've always wanted to make for Animorphs in my spare time, but unfortunately, I hardly have enough spare time to do anything anymore. My drawing skills are pretty rusty too, so I'd likely take forever just getting everything 'right'

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline jsh357

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 09:37:41 AM »
When they say manga style they don't imply the weird reading thing. The style refers to the design of the characters. Its kind of like how Avatar looks like anime but it isn't.

I was aware of this, and I still think it would look better with a western style. 

Offline Nomad Frog

• Wanderer
  • God
  • I Am Iron Frog
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 09:44:09 AM »
sounds like a great idea, lemme know if I can help out in any way (can't draw very well, though)
Not all who wander are lost

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 05:01:18 PM »
I'm a whiz with Paint, (program, not pigment), but my cpu doesn't like posting pics, for some reason, and it would take forever.

I can draw, but my scanner is dead, so that's out.

Hmmmn.

Ahah! I read a LOT of very-well-made graphic novels (V for Vendetta, Sandman, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, et cetera), and I know how the story lines flow. As long as we remember to stick to the source material, I could write a frame-by-frame storyboard of how the GN should run. The artist could take that description and draw is out. Of course, this would depend on my ability to find the time for it, but it could work.

Example: frame 1, full left, 3 units vertical by one unit horizontal (there are between 9 and 15 units or 'cells' per page, by size).
Frame is blackout, with two yellow, feline eyes barely visible. Text: <My name is Jake. I can't tell you my last name....>

frame 2, second from left, 3 units vertical. Fade from blackout, silhouette of tiger ears, visible. Text: <I can't tell you where I live.>

frame 3, third from left, 3 units vertical. Light grey mist/smoke obscures setting, but still allows some visibility. We can see a vague shape of a humanoid head and torso, with tiger features, like the ears and eyes. Stripes stand out bold black, despite the smoke. Text: < (whatever it is he says next)...but we won't let them find us.>

and so on and so forth.

Whatcha think?
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline wolfev

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 09:33:22 PM »
How about each narrator gets their own style.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 09:39:31 PM »
Sure!
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 11:17:20 PM »
That's pretty cool, Este.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

esplin

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2008, 09:59:01 AM »
styles changing would be fine for the art but not for the writing style

Offline wolfev

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 10:41:49 PM »
So is this happening or is it just a pipe dream?

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2008, 11:23:11 PM »
you'd have to do alot of adapting of the story to make it work and interesting, not 3 pages of them just talking in the barn, and you'd definately have to work around almost all of the narrating, and maybe consider rewriting some of the dialogue, because the guy who did like one book that was awesome but the dialogue was word for word from the books and that could get kinda boring

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 06:00:59 PM »
HUMUNGO WARNING:

Realise, of course, that I have Real Life, RAFipedia, and four or five RPG's going, so this very well may take forever, even WITH my typing speed of 50-85 WPM.

The best multitaskers must still leave time for sanity.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 08:12:50 PM »
I cant draw for sh[beep] and my writing is mediocre but I'll help out in any way I can
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 04:20:55 AM »
Man a graphic novel would be so awesome :P
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 08:04:04 AM »
I also thought about a "manga" or comics about Animorphs ^_^
I don't know if I can help... I only know to draw characters, and with manga style... Oh, it remembers me I wanna put more drawings on DeviantArt ^_^
I think it's a good idea, the different style for each char... But if 1 style = 1 drawer, I don't know if the drawers would be able to make a full volume... it's a big work!
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum