Author Topic: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel  (Read 34499 times)

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
Re: Animorphs:The Graphic Novel
« Reply #315 on: September 22, 2010, 12:25:20 AM »
Hey, everyone. I'm new here, so I apologize if this was already mentioned, but how would <thought-speak> be accomplished in visual/graphic/comic book form? In the books, "Dialogue is like this," and <Though-speak is like this." Internal thoughts are like this. In comic books, normal speech is in circular speech balloons, and thoughts are in cloud thought bubbles, but what about thought-speech? Something triangular? Normal speech balloons but with <these symbols>?

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #316 on: September 22, 2010, 07:27:01 AM »
I propose something like this:
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2010, 11:09:32 AM »
Dovelina's been doing a lovely job with the thought-speak bubbles being drawn with dotted lines rather than full lines. The effect works well.

Edit: On that note, I'm still working on #5 and the script for #20. Progress has been slower since I'm back at school, but so far I've finished another three pages and just need to scan them. The mall scene was, ugh, so frustrating to draw. I'm glad to be getting to the lobsters now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:11:21 AM by LisaCharly »

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #318 on: September 25, 2010, 06:34:12 PM »
Hey guys, if you want a good site to help ya with typography and onomatopeia, here's a really good one I had found.
http://www.balloontales.com/tips/

Offline CharReed

• Char Reed Illustration
Animorphs: A Graphic Novel
« Reply #319 on: September 28, 2010, 01:23:44 PM »
Heyas!

I thought since I was revamping my graphic novel project, I'd make a post about it.  I'd really love for everyone to check it out.  It's a project I'm working on in my freetime and I don't have a lot of freetime, so any comments, encouragement and such that can be given goes a long way for me to get the motivation to work on the comic when I should be sleeping instead ;)

Anyway... Here's the link: http://www.charreed.com/Animorphs/

If anyone remembers me starting this a long time ago, I had to delete the old site and start over due to technical difficulties with WordPress/ComicPress.  It's all better now and I'm planning on another update with full character drawings :) Look forward to seeing posts/comments about it!

Thanks for checking it out!
Char Reed
___
CharReed.com
char.reed@gmail.com

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
Re: Animorphs: A Graphic Novel
« Reply #320 on: September 28, 2010, 03:08:01 PM »
I love the designs for them! ;D They're cool.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
Re: Animorphs: A Graphic Novel
« Reply #321 on: September 29, 2010, 01:18:33 PM »
It's really good ^^ I also love the graphics!
But this thread isn't in the right place... I would suggest it to be in the Animorphs Fanfiction&Art or even here: http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?board=26.0 (yeah, there is already a project for a Graphic Novel on RAF, and I think you may join your efforts).
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #322 on: October 03, 2010, 10:45:55 PM »
What's this, new pages? Pages 1, 5, 6 and 7 for Animorphs #5: The Predator. The first one's on cardboard because I really like that effect for night scenes. I haven't been able to procure the cardboard yet for the second page, though.

I've been working with a cruddy scanner and on top of schoolwork, so unfortunately this is the best I can do in terms of pacing and scan quality. At least the mall scene is over with! The only fun thing about that scene was drawing Ax's "I just discovered food" face. And golly, the supermarket scene looks slashier than I meant it to be.

Full-size here at my DeviantArt.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 10:56:17 PM by LisaCharly »

Offline dovelina

• Dovelina's Photobucket
« Reply #323 on: October 04, 2010, 11:55:33 PM »
LisaCharly, wow! The wait was worth it, four whole pages. The cardboard is a really great effect, when nowadays most people just slap on a fake-looking texture in Photoshop and call it a day. Bwahaha, I love what's going on in the market scene. Every panel with Ax is gold. I can't wait to do the lettering for them. You have my email!

I also totally have an accidental slash moment in the comic I'm working on where Tobias looks like he's suggestively eating a burger. Sigh, OH WELL. I'm going to get it done and over with and be happy with it!

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #324 on: October 05, 2010, 08:41:18 AM »
Thanks so much! I'm glad the cardboard effect works for you. I've sent you the lettering pages.

Eh, I'd be happy with it too! The weird Marco/Jake slash-ish page is actually my favorite of the bunch so far. I can't wait to see your unintentionally slashy Tobias!

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #325 on: October 05, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »
That's awesome Lisa ^^ Really ^^ I can't believe you drew so many details!
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline Cloudbreaker

• My activity may be at/near 0% but I'm still here.
    • Animorphs: The Revival
« Reply #326 on: October 05, 2010, 11:33:13 PM »
Those comics are awesome!  I can't wait to see more.

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #327 on: November 02, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »
Two more pages. Page 9 is currently in progress because the art store was out of the pens I need to finish it. Page 2 is still...going to happen sometime. I'm rather pleased with the nightmare sequence.

Full size here.

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »
CharReed, I've checked out your site and I love what I see so far. I left comments on each individual page, so you can see what I thought of each one. I also made a post on my blog today about your project, so hopefully that will also attract more people to it.

LisaCharly, those are amazing drawings! Are you planning on doing full graphic novels as well, from the beginning onwards? That would be awesome - the more Animorphs stuff there is to find online, the better, lol.

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #329 on: November 16, 2010, 02:42:40 PM »
Thanks, Slushie Man! For the time being I'm only set on finishing #5, though if I ever finish it I'm considering doing #7 or #18 after that. I wouldn't want to do #1 as many other talented people, including Charreed, have/are already working on that, but I figured those two have a lot of scenes that would translate well to visual (and I just want to draw Leerans). My style/lack of skill makes each page very time-intensive so who knows?