Author Topic: Tobias's Perch  (Read 30618 times)

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
Tobias's Perch
« on: November 26, 2009, 04:11:31 AM »
Well I figured I'd give group/forum rping a try for once after a few days of non-rping as much as I used to.

I will use Tobias as a nothlit(its my strongest character to rp with.) as far as setting,it can be anywhere during the fight between the yeeks and the Animorphs and Tobias is haveing options of just letting go and let the real hawk take control so he can fully disappear in the world:

Up in the sky around noon,flew a red-tail hawk up in the thermals above the city.But this wasn't a normal hawk.The hawk used to be a human.As a human he was sort of a dweeb he was big enough for his age,but not big enough to keep from getting picked on at Brockwood High School..was that the name of it...its been so long since he had last been there...or a human for that matter..?

But it didn't matter anymore,the hawk's name was Tobias as he flew he had a reddish like tail of long straight feathers.The rest of its back was motted dark brown.It had big shoulders that looked kind of hunched,like a football lineman ready for the snap.His head head was streamlined and his eyes were brown and goldish and fierce as it looked over its deadly weapon of its beak looking down at his city he had protected with his friends for a year now...but lately Tobias has been feeling spaced for some reason he just couldn't do it,he just couldn't fight anymore.He would normally help out his friends but for the past week he stayed away from them in anyway he could,staying away from the barn when he knew they met,away from the school where he flew over to make sure it was ok for them there..

But the hardest for him,was he was even staying away from Rachel,the girl he..lik....no...the girl he Loved with all his head,but he just couldn't bring himselt to tell her that.And yet,he couldn't bring himself to fly to her house.<I don't know what to do.>he said to himself as he flew over the school building for the first time in a week,not noticeing the time as it would be around when the others would be leaveing school.

(And PS ANYONE can join in as ANYTHING and ANYONE just be easy on me at first I'm not use to doing this type of rping and sorry for all of the longness,once I start typeing I can't stop myself.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:03:14 PM by goom »

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
Re: Tobias's Perch
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 04:26:57 AM »
~~Hello there. I have not read Animorphs yet, but look forward to it,but I am an experienced Roleplayer. May I join this one?~~
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Xtreme Member
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:57:05 AM »
(Of course ANYONE can join in as anything they want to be.)

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 04:58:15 AM »
~~Great! Do I need to make a character profile?~~
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Xtreme Member
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 02:20:52 PM »
If you want,or just jump into it like I have already

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 04:14:17 AM »
Raksha ran through the trees of the forest, feeling free and wild. She had been on her own for four years now, and today was her 18th birthday. Her parents died when she was 13 and she spent a year dodging the law who would put he into a forster home....or Animal Control. She was a long and sleek White tiger with fierce Yellow eyes. When she was human she had long wasit length black hair, pale white skin, and golden eyes. Many considered her beautiful, but she could never get too close to those who didn't morph as she did. They would only hurt her. Raksha spent most of her time as a human, but traveled only asher tiger, safer that way. She jumped onto a raock ledge in the clearing of the trees and happened to look up when a Red-tailed hawk flew by. There seemed something different about that Hawk. It gave her something new to do, so she trailed after it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:14:28 PM by Mythica_vampiress319 »
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 12:10:13 PM »
((hey guys, thought I'd jump in...))

Elayne hitched her shoulder to prevent her backpack from slipping off and turned from the concrete sidewalk onto the pathway that led to the front of Brockwood High School. She sat on a nearby bench to wait for the afternoon dismissal bell to ring, hoping Jake, the human with whom she had been asked to speak would exit this way. If not, however, she had been given his address and would approach him at his home.

She flicked her long brown curls over her shoulder and crossed her legs. The school's clock system must not be synchronized with my own, she thought. By my reckoning, the bell should have rung by now. She hoped she would not be forced to lie to any teachers or administrators who demanded to know what a stranger was doing on school property, but she was prepared to explain that she was waiting to pick up a younger sibling.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 02:04:21 PM by kitsunemarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Xtreme Member
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 03:28:36 AM »
Tobias flies around in a slow circle over the school,his eyes locked on it as he waited for his friends to come out.He had been"missing"for two months now,but he was around,just...not fighting anymore.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 05:44:25 AM »
The bell rang and the front door bursts with hyper young adults ready to attack the evening after a full day of school work. An above average hieght young man is walking out with two other young men. The first boy has longer hair, but not quite past his neck. His eyes are an oddity since they have a tendancy to change. One day he'll have brown eyes, the next they appear hazel, then on very rare occasions, they explode with blue. He laughs at one of the other two boys' joke, then his face reverts to its usual stale position, but with a slight tilt of his mouth, still enjoying the joke. Shawn's friend Marco never has a challenge getting him to laugh. Marco's friend Jake, however, he's heard Marco's jokes for a while, so he just smiles to himself. Shawn notices a girl who was already outside before the bell. He brings her to the others' notice and Jake recognizes her immediately. He walks straight to her with a smile. Shawn is wary of new faces, but then again, he was a new face once.

((Who should NPC Jake/the other Anis until someone takes possession of him/them?))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 11:56:53 AM »
((I'll take Marco for this post, but anyone can feel free to claim him at any time. I'm not that funny, so I hope--for his sake--someone snags him soon! Anyone want to take Jake, even if just for the moment?))

As Marco's eyes followed Jake, he saw Elayne sitting on the bench returning his best friend's smile. Marco reflexively tensed. Elayne was a Chee, and any news the Chee thought was important enough to bring to them at school could not possibly be good news.

Suddenly aware that the pause in his conversation with Shawn was becoming awkwardly long, he turned to look back to his friend. "So three days of freedom," he said, trying not to grin too tersely. He hoped he sounded as if he was relishing the idea of a three-day weekend rather than musing grumpily about how it was inevitably going to be ruined by alien invaders. "What are you gonna do with yourself, huh, Shawn?"

Elayne watched Jake approach and patted the empty space on the bench beside her. Once he sat, she extended her force field and hologram around them so that any passerby saw and heard the two of them laughing and chatting. Her true metallic body was now visible to him, but his expression showed no surprise. Instead, he just looked like he was bracing for some kind of impact. "Jake, we have received important intelligence. Erek would have brought it to you, but he is currently indisposed. The Erek who was at school today was actually another Chee."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 06:45:33 PM by kitsunemarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 03:56:55 PM »
((Oh, I figured you would've taken Jake since you were waiting for him. ;D I'll play as him for now then.))

Shawn thought about Marco's question, "Three days... that's a hard question. I could always catch up on sleep for once. Although I'll probably have to mow the lawn, pull weeds, help scrape the paint off of our house on one of the days. My parents don't really believe in idle time. I can only hope for a mission. Maybe the Chee can do it for me." Shawn smiles brightly at his fantasy joke, and notices that Jake's conversation with the new girl turned... domestic. What's up with them?

Jake sat down and suddenly saw the chee expose herself, "I take it you included me in your disguise? Can Marco and Shawn be included? I'd rather not have to explain it more than once."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 06:43:43 PM »
((we can trade if you want; I just figured it would be good to have someone else to talk back and forth with. If you prefer to do it the other way around, I defer to you -- I'm relatively new to role playing, anyway, so I don't know what I'm doing :P ))

Marco's eyebrows shot up. "You're as crazy as Rachel, you know that?" He scoffed. "Wishing for a mission to avoid housework." Then he laughed. "Even if you do go and save the world this weekend, if your parents are anything like my dad, you'll still have still have to host your own little home improvement show later."

-----------------------------------------------------

"Yes, you are inside my hologram," Elayne nodded to him then shrugged her metallic shoulders. "If you wish, I will invite them in, but I thought you should hear what I have to say first. We believe that the Yeerk controlling your brother my attempt to take your parents to the pool for infestation tonight. He attempted it earlier today while you were in school, but we were able to cause a traffic jam that prevented them from leaving your neighborhood. Unfortunately, we do not know what pool entrance they will be using. Perhaps Tobias has seen which one Tom frequents--or is he still missing?"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 06:50:04 PM by kitsunemarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 06:55:45 PM »
((If you'd prefer to work off of someone else, then by all means...))

(Shawn)

"Hey, if we can get the Chee to replace us again, the Chee can do the landscaping. I'm all about loopholes." Shawn gives a slight laugh.

(Jake)

"He's been missing for two months now. We've seen tons of hawks around, but none of them have ever responded. Why is Tom moving on my parents now?"

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 07:34:03 PM »
Marco grinned. "Me too. It's a shame the Chee know me well enough that they don't do my homework perfectly; I could use the grade boost." He glanced back over to Jake and Elayne and sighed. "They're still talking. Can't be good...."

--------------------------------------

"I see," Elayne murmured and glanced skyward, as if expecting to see Tobias right then. "I do not know, Jake," she said in response to his other question, "but if Tom is successful, you must be evacuated from your home immediately. There is no question they would attempt to infest you too." She folded her arms across her chest, an action that looked strange without her hologram. "But is it truly so strange that he has chosen this moment? Tom attempted to recruit you to the Sharing long ago."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 07:43:07 PM »
(Shawn)

Shawn walks up to the two in their cute conversation, "Is there a reason you're here, or are you to going to continue with the small talk?"

(Jake)

"Well, it's just that, normally Tom doesn't make a move on our family unless it's necessary. Sure he tried to recruit me before, but he asked a couple times and let it go."

As Shawn approached them, Jake commented, "I think they're done waiting."