Author Topic: Leave your Sanity at the door?  (Read 3989 times)

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: Leave your Sanity at the door?
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2009, 10:35:49 PM »
anybody mind if i lock this thread now? it seems to be resolved.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2009, 10:42:20 PM »
Not at all, I move that we lock this thread.

Any seconds?
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• The anarchist formerly known as Prince
  • Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2009, 10:48:36 PM »
Okay, I know I'm a bit late to the diner-party, but at least I showed up? :P

Now, a few things before I forget:

Richard, man, I was really disapointed in your "All those who are offended; don't" comment, man. :( Telling someone who IS offended not to be, is kinda... Unmodly. And you're an ADMIN. :(

Adam, man, you know I like you, I consider you a friend... But, honestly, dude, chill-out with the trying-to-change-RAF stuff, mm'kay. dude?
I understand that at one point in time you were an Admin of this (Or the former) site. And I why you're not now is none of my business. Never been told, asked once... However, you're not an Admin, nor Mod, now. So, these kind of threads... Well, they're generally best accepted when posted by an Admin/Mod. So, mayhap next time just PM a Mod?

Goom; Jess; Russell; Estelore; Seal; any whom I've forgotten: Excellent posts.

As for the topic on hand:

Leave Your Sanity At The Door:
I like this expression, and would certainly, if monetarily able, buy the T-shirt with this printed on it.
The Intro Threads are just a fact of RAF. And a few people have said that the rest of RAF isn't really quite that silly... Now, maybe I frequent different parts of RAF than most people, but, I do know that the parts I DO frequent are QUITE silly indeed! And I enjoy it. The insanity keeps me sane in a very peculiar way.

And, I do belive we get enough seriousness in the Intro Threads. For instance The Raevyn's intro, we've been discussing E. A. Poe in there. And not on a crazy-insanity-level. Yes, there was that, but, as we've stated, that seems to be in all the Intro's.

If we were to be disallowed to be silly/crazy/insane in the Intro's, then it would really just be misguiding the "Newbies" when they start to frequent the other parts of the board.

Not to mention, it seems, to me anyway, that it's working quite well. I mean, like Goom said, newbie -> Frequent User ratio seems fine by me! :)

Now, if  a newcomer says something like "I don't want to give up my sanity" or "Ummm, are y'all fracken crazy?! I'm outie!"
then maybe we sent that newbie a PM, or post in their thread that it's just a game, and there's no harm intended.

Anyway, my laptop's going dead, peace, y'all!

*EDIT* Aw, sorry, Goom, didn't see that post, guess you made it while I was typing, fine by me, I guess.

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

Updated phone: 423 401 8527

RAFJOP at your service!

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 10:55:03 PM »
done. :lock:

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 08:50:12 AM »
I agree that this thread should be locked.

All I wanted to do is make all of this known, so other members could be a little more careful when asking for newcomers' sanity.   :)

And just to be clear, I still have my sanity! Who's going to come take it from me? ;D MUAHAHA