Author Topic: dracon beams  (Read 4721 times)

Offline wolfev

Re: dracon beams
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2009, 01:23:56 PM »
But they do use Dracon beams. Marco and Eva attach one to a cottage in the Valley of the Hork Bajir near the end. Well, actually its a Dracon Cannon, but still it counts.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 01:25:40 PM »
But they don't use them often. That's the issue in the off topic point.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Fwahm

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 02:52:53 PM »
They use them when they're in a morph that can use them, and there are extras laying around like in #49.

They don't actively go looking for or collecting Dracon Beams, but that's a minor issue, imho.

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 07:19:30 PM »
Yeerk scientist, Human scientist host? I don't understand why hosts cried and  yelled all the time, I mean an intellligent person should start trying to find out about yeerk technology and intelligence as soon they stopped "OMG alienz haz taken over my body" panic and actually started to observe learn and develop a stiff upper lip, but then i guess the yeerks sort of recruited people who were pathetic to begin with (ie the sort of person who joins cults in real life)... How alien are the resources? could an innovative imaginative person learn to substitute? etc. When people are under pressure they think better.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »
really? I thought people think better when they were calm and relaxed, not panicking...

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2009, 10:24:47 PM »
Good lord, you're not seeing the operative word here are you?

RESOURCES. Not resources of the mind, but physical resources. The raw materials are made from alien planets. Using minerals not available here. We don't know how to create the parts that creates the beam.

And again, the power source. that sort of power in a handheld device? It's way beyond us. We can barely control the atom, the Andalites have moved beyond the nuclear power for centuries. We don't have the capabilities.

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »
It's not gettin through, Parker...  ::)
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2009, 11:28:24 PM »
Apparently.

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2009, 11:29:42 PM »
Speakin' a yodellin...

Anyone like my Dracon beam song??? :P
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2009, 11:34:02 PM »
Without a tone, I can't really get a feel for it.

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2009, 12:07:06 AM »
Oh... :(   That's sad... :'(

I kinda made up my own in my head, so, yeah... can't really type that out...

But you could try singing it to the Spiderman theme song... And after every verse, just insert "Oh no! Here come the Dracon Beams!!!"

And, this totally belongs in another thread... Perhaps... This one?

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 11:17:30 PM »
Well if the resources (metals power sources)  are from another planet would the technology have ever been possible? seriously would the poor little humans be stuck forever on earth because boo hoo we don't have any unobtanium as unobtanium/ramonite is only only on the yeerk/taxxon/whatever home world?
The answer is no: an innovative mind can adapt to the physical circumstances and find local equivalents: it is like you're cooking a recipe from another country and it asks for an obscure ingredient that isn't available in yours: so you do a little research and substitute with something local, it wouldn't be the same, but it would be innovative and original and originality and innovation are what distinguishes humans from Yeerk parasites. and sure you or I might not be able to so but you're acting like all humans are equal: we're not, we have equal rights but some of us are smarter then others and such geniuses might well (especially after the controller experience) be able to copy yeerk technology. and whilst nuclear power might not power a dome ship, i am certain it could power a dracon beam, perhaps a battery (as in a resource that doesn't sterilise the user) could as well...

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2009, 11:34:48 PM »
Okay, this is turning into an athiest and a priest debating about God.

I'm done, I'm out.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2015, 10:13:41 AM »
The Afghan villager does not want to rely on future Russian/Yeerk invasions, and therefore creates his own kalashnikov/dracon beam by dissassembling the original, figuring out how it was made and then making more for himself and others to use in conflicts.
Buy a man a fish or teach him to go fishing? Who wants to be relient on the chance of finding a create full of kalashnikovs/dracon beams when you could learn to make your own (which you would then be able to modify to your own requirements as well).
Implicit in this idea is having access to the original weapon, studying it, dissassembling it and making more yourself. or to rephrase in more obvious terms
1. find or capture one original kalashnikov/dracon beam
2. take back to workshop, study, practise with, dissassemble.
3. re assemble etc until you understand how it works.
4. make your own
5. make even more
6. modify to  suit your own circumstances.
7. produce even more of the modified version.
8. widespread de-centralised distribution of dracon beams leads to even more deaths/choas in Africa,Middle East etc.
Notably the yeerks themselves basically did this with the Andalite shredder and ongachic weaponry thus creating the dracon beam.

Now we would have ISIS cutting off people's heads with Dracon beams, and Hamas vaporizing Israel troops and carving out terror tunnels with Dracon beams!

However, I defy a simple Afghan villager to reverse engineer an alien energy weapon!