Author Topic: some yeerks, somewhat more heroic and humane than the animorphs  (Read 3542 times)

Offline 2005004219

some yeerks, somewhat more heroic and humane than the animorphs
« on: October 08, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »
Some yeerks joined the yeerk peace movement, despite their situation. They risked their lives from their superiors to befriend even help the animorphs who were willing to murder their helpless brethen in yeerk pools. Despite their upbringing in a rigid, strict and dangerous enviroment ( a boss that will kill you for displeasing him and other trivial reasons) and propaganda, they have the courage to go against society and their way of life to befriend their hosts even help some involuntary host escape at the risk of death or help the animorphs who are willing to commit mass killings just to win. The animorphs have done a lot of things that are inhumane when their are other alternatives available in scenarios that will end in less casualties (death) or no casualties at all. Instead they only see the yeerks as obstacles to be destroyed to reach their goals which are selfish in a way ex. they were willing to kill any witnesses even their own species, rachel could have save her cousin saddler with a bit of help from the right people  without compromising their own securities

(kidnap his body, get him to morph another human body or his own modified dna and hide him at the chees house), When freeing controllers they could have stolen or made a portable kandrona storage to place their prisoners (captured yeerks) instead of starving them or trick the yeerks into leaving their host bodies ( a hologram made by the chee to make the contollers think they have been rescued to get them to go into the prison that will hold them. They could have concentrate efforts on helping the taxons who lead a pathetic life. But they did none of that. They don't care about the fact that their enemies the yeerks have their own lives, families, even future. and that they are not all evil and are merely pawns power hungry yeerks like visser 3 of crayak in his sick game enough to consider that they can't just end their lives as if they weren't human. They didn't even give a damn about the alien controllers, probably mostly because they weren't human and even enjoy causing them pain and remain apathetic mostly when they kill.

Should they not make the effort of lessening the casualties. Marco cares only about getting results, in fact he threw away qualities that made him human or winning he doesn't even try to lessen the casualties or care about the lives and well being about the hosts he kills, the future he destroys, for them, all to reach his goal, They could have found another alternative of winning with out causing any more harm than necessary to their enemies, seeing as their not all bad. They could have lessen casualties if they make an effort without compromising their efficiency in leading a guerilla war against the yeerks. They didn't need to kill of all those defenseless yeerks in the yeerk pool when they are doing a pool raid, with the chees help they could find a way to kidnap the yeerks before destroying the yeerk pool thus crippling the invasion with minimal bloodshed. They could be ruthless, cunning and intelligent to defend their planet, but that doesn't mean they have to stop being human or stop caring for the well being of their species as well as the invading party or consider survival of the fittest philosophy as their only choice. If they use their resources to fight their enemies to defend themselves, coordinate with sincere yeerks that are part of the peace movement like

aftran and try to understand even help the taxons, yeerks , hork bajir maybe even try to make peace or win with causing minimal blood shed, instead of focussing their whole attention on winning at all costs and the whole survival of the fittest philosophy. maybe the story would have ended differently, they could try to convince the yeerks that their is a better way and they don't have to listen to whoever is in favor of them continuing the conquest. Hell they could even get a way to stop visser 3 from killing his poor minions, after all if the yeerks are willing to go against their culture and way of life for a human and risk their own lives as well to help the involuntary host escape from time to time, the story might have ended a bit better. By following the philosophy of eat or be eaten instead of making a effort to find another way they are playing Crayak's game
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 02:09:38 PM by 2005004219 »

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: some yeerks, somewhat more heroic and humane than the animorphs
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 11:08:30 AM »
I think I agree with what you say, but it's hard to read an almost solid block of text. Paragraphs are your friends!

I think more could have been done with the Peace Movement, and we should give them their due, for having a lot of strength and courage.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 11:37:27 AM »
Everything you say is true, 2003004219, but I think some of that was the point of the book, you know?

The whole point was that the bad guys are not always bad, and the good guys aren't always good.  The books force you to question everything you know about right and wrong, and that's part of the message that they're trying to send, is that right and wrong are not always just stark black and white choices.

Keep in mind how young the Animorphs were.  Too young to be thrust into war without it damaging their psyches and, especially, their consciences.  At the point when they learned that Hork-Bajir were actual people, not just enemies, for example, they had already killed a bunch of them.  And it was easier to just 'dehumanize' them, and keep killing them as if nothing had changed, than to admit to themselves that they had murdered innocent people.

Yes, I believe that more should have been done with the Peace Movement.  Yes, I agree that the Peace Movement was composed of strong and courageous people who were heroically able to defy pretty much everything that they were.  But I can also see why the Animorphs tried to pretend like the Peace Movement didn't exist.  It's just so much easier to see your enemies as all-evil, than to try to make exceptions for the ones you know are not.

I do think you're wrong about one thing, though.  You act as though it would have been just as easy to take hostages as to kill, in every case.  I think that, if the Animorphs had been so determined to spare their enemies (translation: if Cassie had been the leader rather than Jake), then they would have lost the war.  No doubt in my mind about that.  Because, in about nine cases out of ten, it was simply not feasible to take hostages.  In nine cases out of ten, they had no choice but to either kill the Yeerks, or simply allow them to go on doing what they're doing.  There were a handful of situations where they could have taken hostages, and in those cases, perhaps they should have.  But they could not have fought a bloodless war.  That was simply impossible, especially when they were already so hopelessly outmatched by the Yeerks anyway.

Offline 2005004219

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 11:56:53 AM »
what about destroying the yeerk pool while evacuating the majority of the hostless yeerks throught trickery,deception and impersonation (visser one or visser 3) and turning the base defense systems, with the help of the chee only on the hosted yeerks as a diversion, to cripple them without any heavy losses. There are a lot more yeerks on the pool than host guarding it.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 12:09:24 PM »
And what would they have done with the Yeerks they managed to evacuate?  They didn't know how to build a Kandrona (or they would have made one before rescuing Aftran in #29), and there would have been far too many Yeerks to manage making them all into nothlits before their three day limit ran out.  They would have had to make them into nothlits in small groups, so they could watch over them all, or else some of the not-so-wonderful Yeerks could have easily escaped with the morphing power.  And there were thousands of Yeerks in the Yeerk pool.  It just wasn't feasible.

VisserZer0

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »
I'm too lazy to write out your whole name, so I'll just call you 200. That's okay, right?
200, I'm seriously not going to read that until you edit it with paragraphs. Blocks of text hurt my eyes. Eh, sorry to interupt any conversation that may have been taking place. 

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »
Erek made a kandrona generator for his Yeerk, so I think they can make another for Yeerks outside of a Chee's head. That wouldn't be hard, or at least shouldn't be. Though it's never really explained, but just sort of handwaved and never ever mentioned again.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 12:54:52 PM »
For me, the Peace Movement represents the German resistants during the WW2, don't you think?
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 01:38:17 PM »
And by that you mean...?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 01:43:47 PM »
Well, the Germans also had propaganda, and no choice than to follow the movement, but some people decided to become resistants... Same as the Peace Movement for the Yeerks.
I didn't know I had to explain ^^'
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »
Ok. I understand.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 04:28:43 PM »
Erek made a kandrona generator for his Yeerk, so I think they can make another for Yeerks outside of a Chee's head. That wouldn't be hard, or at least shouldn't be. Though it's never really explained, but just sort of handwaved and never ever mentioned again.

This is a good point.  Huh, I wonder why they didn't just do that, then?  Maybe, the one inside his head had to be powered by his own internal power source, so he couldn't construct more Kandrona generators than his power supply could handle?

For me, the Peace Movement represents the German resistants during the WW2, don't you think?

That's an interesting comparison.  I wonder if that was intentional?

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 04:38:50 PM »
I don't know. Maybe we can ask her.

That's an interesting comparison.  I wonder if that was intentional?
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 05:23:38 PM »
Maybe they can't make more power sources for themselves. Must be bad when one starts to wear out, though. If they can't then the Chee aren't eternal.

But you know, we probably aren't supposed to think about that stuff too hard. I'm not saying they could make another Chee, but hopefully they can repair and reconstruct everything they need to continue operating.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 06:14:10 PM »
Again, the age issue comes up. A lot of issues they dealt with were shoved in their faces. They were young teenagers put into stressful situations and only had MINUTES to have answers. They didn't have hours of time to brainstorm.

Also, being in such high stress locations, they had adrenaline pumping through their systems. It's difficult to think peace when you have a massive amount of horomones coursing through your veins.

In a lot of situations the Animorphs were put in, it was fight or flight. Plans on the fly, they didn't have time to set up designated hiding areas for hostages or plotting routes.

Also, the Yeerks cleaned up incident areas quick. They got rid of the evidence even quicker. After a big battle, the Animorphs had to exit quickly and demorph. They couldn't gather human hostages, and carry them to safety without demorphing and remorphing; let alone get out of there in time for the clean up crews and back up Bug Fighters.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress