Author Topic: A coupla Andalite doodles  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Thea

A coupla Andalite doodles
« on: October 01, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »
Hello all, I thought I'd butt in with a few doodles I did in biro while standing around between lectures at my University. I do not know why he has a beard. And a mohican. So please do not ask.

Don't you sometimes just want to go for a good old run? And sometimes, if you are really daring, go for a good old leap? Visser Three does. Visser Three was having a hard time of it, poor hellslug bent on world domination that he was. He sometimes felt like he was unpopular, like he had no friends. Don't you just hate that? Alloran was the only one close to him, and he regularly told him to go roll under the foot of an overweight Jubba Jubba. So it didn't really count.

He couldn't help decapitating anything that spoke. It was a nervous twitch, and he's had it since he was a young Yeerk. He was very sensitive about it. But still no one understood.

Visser Three sighed.

Only yesterday, Sub Visser Fifteen, had said that his fur was poofy! Now Visser Three could take some criticism. He could understand people saying that his fur was fluffy, yes. Even wild! He could even accept dishevelled to the point of anarchy. But poofy? Well that was just mean.

And so Visser Three ran. And leaped! He was just a big blue puppydog really. And when no one was looking...he frolicked.

Aloth Attimil Gahar

Andy

Aheh..

Where's my muffin??

Also I literally just dug these up, they were covered in cobwebs. I think I did them when I was about 12.

Edit: I completely forgot, I did these years ago

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?iwxktv1jahps

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?iwz3op1brpc4

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?iwz1rzx0wp0
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 02:25:12 PM by The Raevyn »

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
Re: A coupla Andalite doodles
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:52:48 PM »
:o  Those are amazing!!!!

The first ones look kinda "evil", but of course, considering your subjects, that's probably the look you were going for.

Man, that's just incredible.  You've got the musculature down so well, and the detail is just stunning!  Great work!

You're going to put those on your DA account, right?  Because I wanna fav them.

Offline Thea

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »
Aw bless, thank you! Aye they are in the deviantart account http://theraevyn13.deviantart.com/ a coupla pages in. Glaring at all the other fanart.

To be honest, I seldom lend any accuracy to the muscle structure of anything I draw. I rely on the ol' 'put enough detail on it and no one will question it' but if you reckon it looks alright, well, that's a happy thought!

Edit: Also I just realised you're the one who joint makes the Animorphs smileys, I adore those so much, they're the best Animorphs smileys ever done! I stole them to put on my comp whenever I need to see something to make me smile (elfangor in a mustang elfangor in a mustang elfangor in a mustang)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:58:35 PM by The Raevyn »

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 04:14:09 PM »
Haha, yeah, I remember you commenting on my DA page.

For some reason, I never checked out your artwork, though.  Man, I'm sorry I didn't.

As for the muscle structure, sure it looks a little different from what would be "anatomically correct" on a human.  But that's a good thing!  Andalites are aliens, and your drawings seem to emphasize that fact.  Too many drawings I see just show Andalites as a melding of human and horse parts, and they don't look like aliens at all.

Offline Thea

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 04:23:47 PM »
Whoo. *gets big ego*

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 12:28:58 AM »
*jaw drops* :wow:

that second andalite you have there is FANTASTIC!
(actually, all of them)
i've never seen anything quite like it. +1
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:34:06 AM by goom »

Offline Thea

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 06:54:21 AM »
Wicked. Thank you. I like making the Andys look all bony and sinister, I never approved much of the soft fluffy ones on some of the covers. I just realised something kinda amusing - those three ancient ones at the bottom, I just remembered I did those when I was 12, had a sh** internet connection, and was waiting for each individual page to load. Those pages were all Animorphs websites.

Oy, obsession, I love thee

Offline musicman88

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 08:55:45 AM »
In your new drawings the Andalites look a little starved...

But all of your drawings look really good.  The level of detail is pretty amazing!
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Thea

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 09:37:12 AM »
Hee yeh, I like jutting bones and muscles in my doodles. Which reminds me of something that's been on my mind for ages, can Andalites get fat? I mean, if they only absorb nutrients (which I'm also not entirely sure what that means) can they ever be overweight? It's probably not possible, though.

esplin

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 09:53:25 AM »
These are very original and amazing. :]

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 10:05:07 AM »
It's great!!! Join http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/board,26.0.html project and make Visser 3!!! With Gafrash, you'd do a very good job together!
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Thea

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 10:31:54 AM »
I would love to, but I sadly gotta direct you this way http://theraevyn13.deviantart.com/journal/ the second entry down. I haven't drawn for a year and I'm not going to do so in the future

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 10:50:15 AM »
It's so sad... Your reality is one of my nightmare. I broke my right wrist when I was 3, and about 2 years ago I fell and 3 of my fingers of the right hand turned to the top of my hand (don't know how to say, but they turned in the wrong way ^^'). But I always healed with no problem. My right hand only hurt a little now, where the fingers were hurt, it isn't perfect, but I still can draw.
But I'm alsways afraid I'd hurt my right hand and can no longer draw... I draw since... since I took a pencil in my hand ^^' I don't remember if it was before or after 3 years old :p
To not draw... Oh, my dear sister, I'm so sad for you!!! >_< *crying alone in front of her computer*
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline Thea

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 11:26:16 AM »
Don't cry don't cry, that'll make me sad! It's actually more of a blessing, because I once spent an entire year trying to get a job in the arts, in just anything arty, and there aren't any in this country and it was like chasing my own tail. Now I'm looking for something more practical and I stand a much better chance!

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 11:37:52 AM »
I hope you'll find something then ^^ But I can't stop being sad for you...
I never tried to have a job about art. I always supposed I wasn't enough good for that. You were brave to try!
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum