Author Topic: ebooks gone  (Read 17187 times)

Offline patric

Re: ebooks gone
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 08:47:04 PM »
All the e-books...

*sigh*

Going to guess that the publishers came down hard then.

Man, that sucks. I can just imagine how many fans were re-kindled to these series by these e-books. People are going to miss out.

"And for years I believed
That what went unsaid between us became empty,
And pure, like starlight, & that it persisted.

I got it all wrong.
I wound up believing in words the way a scientist
Believes in carbon, after death. " --Excerpt from Winter Stars by Larry Levis

Offline saintsally

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 08:54:51 PM »
Wait...the ebooks are gone?

-entire body shatters-

Oh god...now I have no reference for my fic and there's no Animorphs books in any of the libraries or second hand shops here in Singapore...

-sulks in a corner-

Man, my reaction exactly. Japan doesn't exactly have copies out there for the taking... gonna have to find a torrent or something, now :(

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 08:59:09 PM »
Well I did download half the ebooks or so before i got lazy and quit, so at least I still have the better half of the series.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 09:02:38 PM »

Man, my reaction exactly. Japan doesn't exactly have copies out there for the taking... gonna have to find a torrent or something, now :(

Yup it sucks. What's more the books in the libraries are declared as either 'missing' or 'gone'. Sigh, guess torrents are the only opinion if I want to write a good fic properly buuut....I don't exactly trust torrents :\

Ah well, nothing to do then....sigh TT^TT

Btw out of curiosity, are these re-releases like say improved versions of the old ones or just new books? Cuz that's gonna make me wonder if I'll have to completely redo my fic to fit the re-releases....sigh...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:05:44 PM by Vickie1 »
My imagination can be both infinite and insane

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
  • im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 09:03:08 PM »
I won't condone stealing, but THE thing is, you'd have to be a PIRATE to keep the authorities at BAY. They will SEARCH for you...

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »
I won't condone stealing, but THE thing is, you'd have to be a PIRATE to keep the authorities at BAY. They will SEARCH for you...
Agreed.

My biggest question is if all Animorphs forums are being requested to take down their copies of the eBooks... hmmm.... *heads over to another, but less popular, Animorphs forum to check*

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 09:09:53 PM »
Agreed.

My biggest question is if all Animorphs forums are being requested to take down their copies of the eBooks... hmmm.... *heads over to another, but less popular, Animorphs forum to check*

I think it would be a must for all forums to take them down...but I kinda thought this was the only forum here who had the ebooks. The old one I was in was just a...well forum that slowly died out.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 09:13:14 PM »
yeppers, though the other one I'm thinking of, doesn't allow you to get them without having a minimum post count I think.

What I find funny, is that Richard had DYK blog posts queued up about the ebooks. lol

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 09:15:41 PM »
Also since stealing is no-no and I don't trust torrents...I guess I got no choice but to discontinue my Animorphs fic and the fanart. I have no reference to help me with.

What a bummer... I really liked writing my fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6308284/1/Alteramorphs_0_The_Alteration and drawing the art related to it (can be found here http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6414.0)

...I'm gonna go back to playing Persona 3 Portable to take my pain away... =_=

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 09:18:06 PM »
Also since stealing is no-no and I don't trust torrents...I guess I got no choice but to discontinue my Animorphs fic and the fanart. I have no reference to help me with.

What a bummer... I really liked writing my fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6308284/1/Alteramorphs_0_The_Alteration and drawing the art related to it (can be found here http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6414.0)

...I'm gonna go back to playing Persona 3 Portable to take my pain away... =_=
What books did you use? All of them or just a select few? Because I'm sure there are members here who have saved them and would be willing to send you them. I, unfortunately, never saved any of them, because I own all of them and there was no need.... Ask around.

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 09:18:17 PM »
yeppers, though the other one I'm thinking of, doesn't allow you to get them without having a minimum post count I think.

What I find funny, is that Richard had DYK blog posts queued up about the ebooks. lol

Ah ok. And that's kinda mean to me. :x

I think I also noted several topics that has to do with the ebooks...wonder what everyone's reaction will be.... -ducks and cover-

Guess we all can't do anything related to the ebooks. Fanfics, fanart, and topics related...sigh

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 09:20:06 PM »
Quote from: Wash (Mr. Guy36)
If only we could go WAYBACK in time to get those e-books...
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 09:23:22 PM »
What books did you use? All of them or just a select few? Because I'm sure there are members here who have saved them and would be willing to send you them. I, unfortunately, never saved any of them, because I own all of them and there was no need.... Ask around.

Well, my fic set after the Sickness and after David was turned into a rat (relevant to the story line). I already have started a few chps with those books but when it comes to maybe like fights with Visser Three, I'm still not sure how to write.

Basically, any book I have my hand on that gives references kinda helps me with the fic. :X Like the interaction between Marco and Rachel (elbow in the gut) etc etc

And I also have thought of future fics continuing from my first one (OH HELL! BRAIN! STOP THINKING!) and goes along the timeline with the rest of the books...so yeah...

Bleeeh...I think I went too far for this one fic. X__x

Alic

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 09:31:30 PM »
Quote from: Wash (Mr. Guy36)
If only we could go WAYBACK in time to get those e-books...

i love this...

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 09:34:42 PM »
Good thing I already have them all.

people are still probably going to find our ebooks. we just can't have them on RAF.

well-said. :D