Author Topic: Animorphs/H2G2 crossover RPG  (Read 7039 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Animorphs/H2G2 crossover RPG
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2011, 11:58:01 PM »
(Doesn't seem so. Just don't make your character obsenely powerful or too prone to violence. I think, like GESB, this RP is supposed to be more about character development than combat.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2011, 10:40:05 AM »
((Thanks for replying Six!

And, like Chad said, this thread is more for character development. But even more so than GESB. To put it in estelore's words:

I actually plan to keep profiles (little bullet-by-bullet character descriptions) out of this game. I want the characters to be revealed through plot and dialogue, not pre-given information by the player. That way, the character develops organically instead of subscribing (or attempting badly to subscribe) to a template and then deviating entirely from the template as the story progresses.

It's a very original idea, and also a very good one. :)

Post Merged: March 01, 2011, 11:18:23 AM
((This is very dissapointing. :'( ))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:18:23 AM by Stephlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »
Well, dearie, that's something you'll have to bear on your own.
Not all of us have the time and energy to be ever-present in multiple websites and multiple threads per website, in addition to our university and family lives.
If the thread had a significant increase in the population of active, strongly interested players, then I would put a bit more effort into making it happen.
Short of that, I have no need, reason, or desire to force the issue with only four people stopping by the thread on-and-off. It's a waste, and approximately as boring as the thread not moving at all.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2011, 01:28:36 PM »
I'm not upset with you. Or anyone else. I have no reason to be.

I'm simply voicing my disappointment. This is a good thread, and I enjoyed the brief interchanges with you, Este.

I realize most people are not like me. I am young, and don't have a job. I have WAY too much free time. So this is how I consume it. Not the best waste of time, but it's the only thing I have to do.

But I wasn't complaining to you. Or at you. Just clearing that up.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2011, 06:46:34 PM »
Not to worry. :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time