Author Topic: Animorphs/H2G2 crossover RPG  (Read 7040 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Re: Animorphs/H2G2 crossover RPG
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 09:09:42 AM »
((This is eventful... :P)) ((:bump: ))
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 12:07:47 AM »
((You bumped on the same day as the previous post... kinda' unnecessary. :P I've been either asleep or at studio/classes/driving consecutively for the past 30 hours. Semester just started. Busy happens. Sorry I didn't respond as soon as you liked, but a same-day bump really isn't necessary; no matter what the thread will show up in my unread posts.))

Cortez and Islington both raised their glasses in an acknowledging gesture to the Reptilian figure three seats down the bar. Cortez smiled weakly, ironically.

Islington stood and drifted closer to where the newcomers sat.
What victory are you celebrating, and from what reality do you hail?

The creature didn't so much sit at the bar as fold itself up, perching lightly on the stool.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »
After his last encounter with phantoms, ghosts, poltergeists, spirits, souls, wraiths and things of the sort, Vogefac cringed a little at the approach of the thing.

Once he tempered his musculature, "We are celebrating the victories we have had over 9 months of travel, as well as my recent promotion to Commodore and Frederick to Soldier. As for the second question, I know of no other way to answer besides this: I come from Universe Alpha-2980. It is relatively average size, for a universe. There are no real...special features. We are mainly here to wait until my people bring my new ship. Yourself?"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 03:55:36 PM by Phoenix/Stephlao »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 12:38:54 PM »
Fredrick noticed Vogefac cringe a bit at the spirit. He had seen and spoken to enough souls that they didn't bother him. They had all been victims as he had.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 11:17:34 PM »
My colleague and I are debating whether or not we are ready to rejoin our Andalite friend back on our own ship. She- my colleague, that is- has recently lost a planet; this is a night of not inconsiderable mourning for her. That being said, I myself am at no particular loss, and my colleague has not been left uncompensated, and she is hardly the sole survivor. Funny how these things turn out, susssussu.... The angel Islington laughed dryly, and Cortez rose from her seat. She didn't approach the group, but she spoke loudly enough for them to hear her.

"That is Islington; I am Brilliance Cortez, owner and sometimes pilot of the starcruiser Santarita, and her sister ships, Lost Cause and Last Chance, are also mine, operated by my two travelling companions when they are not in interlock mode. Islington?"
Cortez.
"I'm going to join Rill on Chance. Catch up when you will."
Of course.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 09:15:34 AM »
Vogefac tilted his head, "I trust you are not leaving because of our arrival? I would feel most horrid,"

Picking up on a earlier statement, he asked, "Your planet was destroyed? That is horrible. The only planets I knew that were actually destroyed were blown to bits by a doomsday machine known only as The Apokhelypt. Which planet was this?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 01:35:19 PM »
"You have my sympathies." Fredrick said in regards to the planet blowing up. "Are you looking for a new planet to settle down in, or will you be nomads?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 02:26:02 PM »
Cortez turned back to face them briefly,
"We were preparing to leave before you arrived; this location and date is as much a ritualized anniversary for the three of us. The planet was Earth, and... at the moment, I don't know what our plan is, other than leaving here within the hour.  We have no real intended destination. Where are you two bound? Our triship has docking capabilities with most regulation cruisers; we could share resources or just follow you wherever."

Her tone was apathetic but polite.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 03:24:44 PM »
Vogefac Cringed. His throat tensed, and his hearts beat faster.

"Earth? Surely, you are not referring to the Human homeworld. That planet is so prominent throughout the Multiverse I thought it was the center of reformation in every universe...you are most unfortunate. The Earth my species knows is the thriving epicenter of Galactic reform and culture. Another universe I know saw the turn of the most important war of that universe to the favor of the benevolent side when Earth became involved, and only then...are you sure you meant to say earth?"

The yellow beast turned to Frederick with a dumbfounded look on his face, then back to Cortez.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:37:58 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 03:36:59 PM »
"It is very unfortunate if it is the Earth we are familiar with. I am from one universe's Earth, though I hadn't met any liens before getting involved with The One.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 10:59:23 PM »
"Yeah, Earth. Same Earth, different universe. Third planet around a small yellow sun, west arm of Milky Way galaxy. Well, I'm going back to my ship. I'll leave Islington with you lot, and we'll do what we'll do. Islington, what you decide is up to you. Update Karillian and chart the course as you like; I'll wake up when I wake up."

Cortez turned her back a final time and stepped into the port of her triship, where it docked to one of the bar's airlocks.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 12:36:17 PM »
Vogefac bowed his head, "Well...Islington? I am very sorry for your universe's loss. If you ever have need to visit the planet, we will gladly arrange a rendezvous with you ship. I do not know where my Galaxy would be were it not for the Terran race."

Vogefac turned back to the Waiter, "Do you have Vlethath meats here?"

He shrugged.

"Hmm...I will have some meat, cooked, not bled. Whatever you can throw at me. Make it pungent."

He nodded, and went off for the food.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2011, 11:54:43 PM »
I was wondering, actually, which way you fellows are headed. Our cruisers are able to dock or at least autofly synchronously with other ships; they're designed specifically for it.

The creature unfolded itself and gestured with its head toward the tricruiser docked outside the window.
If you feel like having three tagalongs, it would give us something to do. My colleague and host, Miss Cortez, is of a particularly... wealthy... persuasion. She can accommodate all our needs monetarily, but I fear the three of us will find ourselves bored very soon, if we are not already.

Islington's voice was all but expressionless... but gradually, as the listener became more accustomed to hearing it, a faint amusement could be detected in it.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2011, 12:00:59 AM »
"I believe this place has been our destination. right now we're waiting for my Commodore's ship to arrive, and after that it's up to him." Fredrick said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2011, 01:33:17 AM »
Commodore?