Author Topic: Animorphs/H2G2 crossover RPG  (Read 7052 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Animorphs/H2G2 crossover RPG
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 08:40:06 PM »
Ahhh, okay, thanks! :D
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 08:44:40 PM »
I got the Restaurant at the End of the Universe thing, but what character was in your intro?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:26:59 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 05:17:05 PM »
None of the characters in my intro are canon to either Animorphs or H2G2. Cortez and Karillian are purely my own invention (aside from Karil being an Andalite, that is). Angel Islington is a character from Gaiman's Neverwhere.

Sure, join the game at your leisure. :)

I actually plan to keep profiles (little bullet-by-bullet character descriptions) out of this game. I want the characters to be revealed through plot and dialogue, not pre-given information by the player. That way, the character develops organically instead of subscribing (or attempting badly to subscribe) to a template and then deviating entirely from the template as the story progresses.

All that really needs to be known about them is that the three know each other very well and have for years, Islington and Cortez are both remnants of the Earth-as-destroyed-by-the-Vogons (which just occurred now, by the way), and at one point Cortez sued the Vogons for the total monetary value of planet Earth and its Moon. Cortez was aware of the impending galactic superhighway, so the legal proceedings were complete before the planet even died.
She won the lawsuit and is now effectively a quadrillionaire... she uses the money to fund her space travel as well as a few charities on the side. A significant amount of it was invested in the rapid construction of approximately two hundred personal escape vehicles, which she distributed to other Earth humans before she left Earth for the last time. She also funded Project Noah, which relocated a sufficient breeding population of all known Earth species (all the way down to the fungi and bacteria) to a large, Earthlike moon near the planet Milton Beta. After finishing all these preservative projects and having a collection of suitable new personal spacecraft built for herself and her companions, Cortez was left with approximately 87 trillion dollars... she could still buy a star system if she wanted to. She just doesn't really see the need.

In case you're wondering who beat the Vogons at bureaucracy... Kirillian and Islington made up the team of "crack lawyers" working Cortez's case.

Yeah... they're all kinda' a piece of work. :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:20:19 PM by Estelore »
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »
lol. I'm big on predetailed descriptions, as long as they are simple(Like my Character in the Temporal Terror thread.).

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 06:26:05 PM »
*laugh* I know, and so are virtually everybody else into text-based RPGs.

I like subverting the paradigm and reaping the results. :}

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 06:40:09 PM »
Might have my characters move here eventually (Gaz & Morgan). They're about as non-aniverse related as one can get. I think Gaz is getting pretty restless anyway staying in one place for so long.

They're space pirates anyway. They have a tendency to wander. lol  ;D

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 07:05:03 PM »
Cool beans. Bean-zuh.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 05:07:08 PM »
Sorry, it's taking forever... :S

btw, some background conflict: Vogefac comes from a universe where Earth still exists...sooooo.... can the bar be like a pseudo-temporal establishment or something?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:10:52 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »
If it's convenient for you, we could treat it as a kind of border or doorway between any possible universes.  If you get within a certain distance of it within your own universe, you cross that border/event horizon, and it becomes possible for you to interact with beings from other versions of reality, and maybe even you can follow them back into their reality.

Think of it as....

...the front door of the Restaurant opens on every universe. When you walk out it, your expectation to be in your own universe is what guarantees you get back out where you originated.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 06:30:49 PM »
A slight rumbling occurs outside the restaurant. A yellow ship with green glinting off of it lands in the lot just outside. It's registry reads: RISS Zetylon.

Two creatures step out. One humanoid, the other a reptilian. The reptile has 6 large spikes sticking out of his back amongst armored scutes. He has the foot of a dromeasaur, with an extra nominal toe, and excessively large retractable claw. His dromeasaur head has two horns which bend at acute angles. At the tip of his snout is a small, red, bony crest, and on his lower jaw a few spikes. His tail is small but has a number of large spikes as well.

He steps through the door. He has been here only once before, but it has changed since his first visit. And it took him longer to get here than the first visit did. But this had been his destination so there was no regret in coming here...except...

"Bartender...or, uh, Waiter! Rev'maak Ale, soft."

Once he received the drink, he lifted it to the Humanoid who also had a drink, and said, "Te Chemtex'ku! To Victory!"

He took a great big gulp of the drink.

((Well, I'm here. :). Gotta get my banner now. XD
~~EDIT~~ Just switched banners! XD ))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:54:09 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 02:04:51 PM »
Fredrick walked beside Vogefac the reptilinoid. He ordered a drink, and some raw meat to go with it. "Indeed Commodore." He said, and toasted his friend. He was a man of average height with pale skin, and dark clothes with a cape. He had a whip at his right hip, and a blaster at the other. He was a Vampire, and could likely be recognized as one from people familiar with him. However he didn't burn in sunlight, and didn't follow some other myths about Vampires.

"Here we are at last. It will be a good respite from all our adventures. has it been nearly a year already?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 02:22:24 PM »
Vogefac suddenly stopped drinking. He pondered the question, "I believe it has been...11 months, 4 weeks, 2 days and 18 minutes since we left the Reptilinod Galactic Authority...it would have to be a long time for you to get promoted to Soldier! Remember the way you fought that Pat-keth beast on Gendor XII?", Vogefac jeered, "When you realized you had left both your whip and you blaster in the ship I think you lost whatever color you may have had!!!"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:28:26 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 02:59:19 PM »
"Yes. I don't think that was one of my braver moments. Luckily the beast's insides weren't as tough as its outsides. I spent two days trying to wash the smell off. It's been a very exciting year for me. i don't regret it. I think interrogation may be the most fun part. No one wins a stare down against me."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 03:15:52 PM »
Vogefac gave in to a hardy laugh. Reptilinod are not emotional. Their lives are ruled by logic. But occasionally enjoying themselves is what they do best.

He took another sip of his ale, "Hmm...better than the one they had at the bar. I wonder if there is any reason for that..."

He saw someone was already there, so he walked over to them, "Salutations. I am Commodore Vogefac. This is my friend and trusted crewmember Soldier Frederick. Rykii'niet."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 03:18:29 PM »
Fredrick gave an acknowledging wave, but otherwise tended to his meal. He was still kind of a loner, and was rarely eager to meet new people.

Ani-Master 2014!