Author Topic: Animorphs Movie Announced!  (Read 11270 times)

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
Re: Animorphs Movie Announced!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 11:59:38 PM »
Really? About what? I personally loved the babysitters club show and have only heard good things from other people. They managed to keep the plot, characters, and themes really true to the books while bringing the setting forward in time.
Gives hope for if they decide to make animorphs present day, but with the success of stranger things and the like, I feel like there's a high chance they'll go for the 90's nostalgia factor.

Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2020, 04:04:53 AM »
Katherine & Michael just bailed on any involvement with it.   :rofl2:  Probably get the ol' "Executive Producer" tip-of-the-hat name drop and a "based on the work of..."  in the credits and that's about as far as it goes.

Yep, this is gonna suck if it even does come to pass.  We're looking at Jack Black Goosebumps here people, not movie-Potter.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 01:40:15 PM »
Hey, Nothing! I've missed arguing with you, old bean! (And occasionally agreeing with you when you talk movies. :] ). Tbh you're one of the five reasons I haven't completely thrown my more libertarian or conservative associates under the bus. I know it sounds weird that I hold nothing against you, considering that we got occasionally nasty, but like ... I'm a lawyer. I like arguing for its own sake.

How've you been?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 01:43:21 PM by Shenmue654 »

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2020, 09:17:38 AM »
Eep, politickin'.   ;D

Yeah, pretty good pretty good.  Kinda bailed on the site a while back due to inactivity, but likewise cool to check back in here with the movie news after so long and see some of the regulars around!

Offline .: Asmo

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
  • :(){ :|: & };:
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2020, 11:53:37 AM »
Any new news on the crap shoot?
.: Asmodeus
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Sole Zombie Apocalypse Survivor 2012/2014/2015
James Bond Villain 2013/2014/2015
Most Likely Harbinger of Armageddon 2014
Best RAFian Superhero/Sidekick (or Supervillain/Minion) Duo 2014

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2021, 08:18:35 AM »
Honestly I'm kind of mock-dreading the first news.   :P  Seems the project's like 99% a go at this point, as good as greenlit, so I guess chances are 6 months from now we could be getting cast & crew announcements public.

But after Michael's social posts, yeah...

Not.  Expecting.  Much.  Whatever "wait and see" attitude's kinda evaporated, if Michael had felt the need to allude to the Percy Jackson author dude's take on his experience with those movies.  Situation seems grim.

Sucks, too, 'cause in a perfect world with them approaching this with some grit & grime and 90s-feel (movie style as well as period setting) along with commitment to sticking true to Katherine/Michael's writing, an Animorphs flick I feel could really be something special.  Like even in an objective sense outside of being a fan, just seems like this world done right could really hit home with the public & critics alike.  But yeah, kinda just overall surprised how little I seem interested in this beyond some curiosity, like I owe it to the books and childhood memories to check it out, but not much more.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 08:23:51 AM by NothingFromSomething »

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2021, 10:32:44 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/Animorphs/comments/m5k76k/the_full_reason_why_michael_grant_and_ka/

Did not do it any justice ... but it's typical of the Hollywood of things.

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2021, 10:19:49 PM »
Yeahhhh.  My prior cynicism pretty much panned out, huh?

A shame he seems so bitter about it though (not that it's not totally justified, of course it is, just...would be nicer for them if they were a little more ambivalent with the time passed and all).

The *real* sh*tty thing is, I'm still gonna watch it.   :(  Not in theaters or whatever, but due it it being f*cking Animorphs I'm still checking it out sometime while bored on Netflix or whatever, down the line.  The people making these crappy decisions pretty much get rewarded for it, anyone who was going to see an Animorphs movie is still going to end up seeing it.

100% convinced by now it's going to...well, not even necessarily *suck* (Michael said he does like some of the writer's work), but it's sure as hell not going to be faithful.  Just feel bad for Katherine & Michael, basically, at this point beyond curiosity I don't much care how the flick actually turns out.  Expected nothing, so when you get nothing it's not some punch to the gut.

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 09:01:46 AM »
Think it can be worse than the TV show?

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2021, 01:48:44 PM »
Eh, I never held anything against the TV show, it was what it was.  Cheap cash-in, they did it all the time with everything back in the day.  The show never had any expectation of being quality (and even then, I kinda felt they at least got the paranoia vibe more or less right, for some G-rated Nick thing).

This is a movie, supposedly with some substantial producers and money behind it.  If it bites, they don't have the same slack to cut them as the show did.  This *could* be good theoretically, if they wanted to actually include Katherine & Michael and hire a director willing to "go there".  The show was just like...Scholastic going "hey, this is hot property among the kiddies, let's milk another million or so out of it, license it to Nickelodeon or something!".

I get Katherine & Michael feeling p*ssed about the show back in the day too, sure.  But the movie's gotta feel like more of a kick in the guts, considering there could have actually been something here.