Author Topic: An Alternate David  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
An Alternate David
« on: June 28, 2009, 01:42:51 PM »
(Only the last part of this is changed form the original intro found in sign ups)

I have been thinking, what would have happened if David was a different person? Well I decided why not put that into an rp? The timeline is right after book 19 where Cassie gets turned into a caterpillar etc. and right before David finds the blue box. I'll will be keeping the new kid idea the same. However the alternate David might lead to even more human that become animorphs, meaning if oyu create a human you can possibly get the morphing power.

In all honesty... moving sucks. New school, new house, new town, nothing is familiar, everything is different. The only familiar thing is the stuff you posses, and your family. Which isn't a great comfort. You have to memorize a new schedule, new names, new locker combo, and you have to catch up with the rest of the class. This is really bad if you are starting in the middle of the year. A few days ago a new family has moved into town and starting today their son Damien is starting at the local high school today, and he isn't happy about it.

A lump  hunched over its desk, head buried under its arms. The seconds ticked by, the lump didn't move. People around the room were reading books or scribbling on paper, no-one payed attention to the lump. The final bell rang signaling the end of the school day and the end of study hall. The lump then moved and raised its head out of its arms. It was a male human teen, he seemed groggy as if he had fallen asleep. Almost reluctantly he got out of his seat, swung his backpack over his shoulder, and headed towards the door. He had bumped into another teen on his way out, the books spilled form the second teen's hands onto the floor

"Oh, sorry!" the first teen said bending down and picked up all the books before the other was even able to bend down. Standing up straight he handed the books back to their owner. "Sorry Jake, I'm wasn't paying attention."

The second teen, named Jake, seemed confused,"How did you know my name? I never told you... and aren't you new?"

The first teen sighed,"You're in one of my other classes, I saw the seating chart and saw you're name on it," he replied quickly not wanting to get to know this Jake any more ending the conversation abruptly. A second later the teen was out the door and walked down the hall.

The teen was now out of the school, an exhausted expression on his face,"Well Damien, you are now labeled as clumsy," the teen, Damien, said to himself shouldering his backpack and began walking faster. He didn't feel like walking home for a half an hour, but the only way to shorten his trip would been to cut through the construction site. Damien shrugged,"What the heck," he muttered as he walked into the construction site. He was halfway through when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye, a glint of blue. Stopping he turned to look at where the flash of blue came from. He couldn't see anything. Leaning slightly to the left the he could see the blue object again, but when he leaned to far to the left he couldn't see it anymore. So you could only see the flash of blue when you were at a certain angle?

Damien ran over to where the blue was coming from, it was only a concrete slab of stone, but with a small crack in it. Without hesitation Damien began pounding on the concrete until it crumbled away, quiet easily. Bushing away the rubble a glowing blue box was revealed. Gingerly he picked up and turned it over in his hands, he felt a slight, warm tingle. Quickly the teen stuffed the box into his backpack and ran home. He should ask his science teacher about it, maybe she would know something about it...

The next day.
The lunch bell rung, signalling the end of class. Damien stood up from his desk and walked over to the teacher which was erasing some thing from the blackboard. By now all of the other students have filtered out of the classroom but one, the class clown, was cleaning up his books, strange... yesterday he had rushed off to lunch as soon as the bell rang. Damien didn't like him to much himself, well his jokes... That was when the teacher noticed him.

"Oh Damien, what do you want?"she asked

"Well you see-"he was interrupted by the phone on the wall ringing.

"Hold on a second,"the teacher smiled pleasantly wlaking over to the phone and picking it up. "Hello?" she said into the phone and nodded. "Ok... I'll be right there..."With that she hung up and turned back to Damien. "I'm sorry I have to go..."she said quickly grabbing her things and leaving."

"Oh... alright..."Damien mummbled sounding defeated.... Sighing he grabbed his backpack and headed towards the lunch room, the class clown rushing infront of him.

-----------------------

It was the end of the day, Damien sat at on the school front steps, watching the people walk past him with no second glance, people getting on their buses or heading home on foot. He sighed. Why was he still here? He could have been home already if he just got up and walked...
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline rocklobster

Re: An Alternate David
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 07:23:59 AM »
Cassie saw the new boy and walked over to him.  It must be hard being the new kid in school.  She smiled sweetly at him and said, "Hey there, what's your name?"

Offline Crimea River

• Joi
    • Unlikely Heroes--Animorphs RP
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »
Himuran was in human form as he passed the two of them by.  He still stumbled upon his two legs at times, but he was adapting.  Unfortunately, he had to keep his mouth shut, else he'd start sounding out words, and likely give himself away.  He had a mission to do, and that was to kill the vile Yeerk that enslaved his father.  And right now...well, he was adapting to living with humans, because he'd be with them for a while.

Offline Damien

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 08:28:04 PM »
Damien glanced over his shoulder at Cassie, a sigh escaped his lips. Great and overly friendly person, the kind he wanted nothing to do with. "Damien,"he mummbled before standing up slinging his backpack over his shoulder. Sighing he began walking away from Cassie. He heard a rip form his backpack and suddenly the bottom gave out spilling all his belongings onto the stairs, books, pencils, papers, all tumbled down the stairs, one book hitting Himuran in the back of the legs. Luckily the blue box managed to get caught in the bag right before falling out the bottom leaving it out of visibility of everyone around him. "Not now!"he moaned seeing the small disaster and began gathering up his belongings as quickly as he could. He cursed silently under his breath.
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline rocklobster

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 07:21:05 AM »
Cassie smiled and said, "Look, I can help, if you'd like. My name's Cassie. What's yours?"
She thought she saw something glowing in the backpack.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:00:37 AM by rocklobster »

Offline Crimea River

• Joi
    • Unlikely Heroes--Animorphs RP
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 11:48:25 PM »
The book sent Himuran falling to the ground.  He frowned, and pulled himself to his feet.  He didn't try to help the human gather his stuff; he spoke, instead.  "I do not see the efficiency in carrying so many books in such a small receptacle."

Offline Damien

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »
"I guess... Damien..."Damein replied to Cassie's quesitons. He now had his arms full of book, the morphing cube's glowing light soon became covered completely burried under the books. Damien stepped down a few steps to pick up a few more books. It was then he heard Himuran speak. He ignored the advanced words he used since he himself knew them forwards and back. "You and me both,"he muttere dunder his breath loud enough for the morphed andalite to hear. "It is bearable until the bottom gives out... I need a backpack with more support... or arange the books differntly to reduce the stress..."he seemed to be talkignt to himself now.

Offline rocklobster

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 07:52:26 AM »
Cassie recognized the morphing cube.  How could she not?  But how to get him to spill the beans on how he got it?  And would this person be an ally or adversary?  So many questions. 
"Well, it's nice to meet you, Damien." said Cassie.  "My name's Cassie."
OOC: Can Jake be in Cassie's first period?

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 03:42:16 PM »
Melanie was close by, quiet as usual. She was the kind of kid that got picked on a lot, not unlike our friend Tobias. Once in a while she talked to someone, but was often too shy to say hi first. She noticed the blue cube because it was glowing and different looking. She watched it intently as she sometimes had a habit of doing, not even really realizing it.

Mel was uneasy anyway because anyone could be a yeerk. Melissa seemed to be keeping them off her, and she wasn't about to spill anything out loud, but she always feared they were watching her so close for slipups.

Melissa was elsewhere; she was a senior in high school.

<Come on, can't you help out just a little? You know I hate math.>
she whined.
< I'm not exactly a math genius either, just because I'm an alien. You'd be happy if someone just gave you the answers. I'll give some hints when I can, but you have to learn something yourself too.>
She glanced up at her teacher, a known controller, feeling slightly nervous as she often did. They weren't in too much danger of being found out unless she said something stupid, but it was still a funny feeling, being around enslaved controllers. A mixture of sadness and unease, really.
<Maybe. But I want to know when I'm ever gonna need this stuff.> She sighed, looking like she was exasperated with the work. < I hate this class for other reasons too. She's always watching, it's hard not to worry we'll be found...and I want to help more than I am.>

They walked out after the bell rang.
<I can see why you feel dejected. Just remember that we're no good to anyone with me dead and you hosting someone else.>
<Yeah. Man I wish I had Mr. Tidwell for science, but he's middle school. At least I could talk to him now and then.>
<Perhaps, if you were careful.>
<Crap, I always forgt my combo.>
<Here, let me....there.>
<Thanks. Finally...we are so outta here.>

They stopped by the middle school to get Melissa.

<Hey that looks like...>
<Yes, that's how the cubes are described, though I've never seen one.>

"Did you see that? Wierd." said Mel
"We'll talk later...too many ears around now."
"Oh, it's like that. I just hope you've got something good, slime face."
"Oh knock it off, midget." Melissa retorted although she knew Mel had been referring to Arlin. Melanie still didn't get along good with their always present third party. "Just trust me." Arlin cut in, flawlessly. "At least I'm keeping you safe."
"Yeah, I guess."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 03:55:22 PM by AniMel23 »