Author Topic: call me paranoid  (Read 2410 times)

Offline wolfev

call me paranoid
« on: June 12, 2009, 11:35:14 PM »
I once heard Animorphs done as a Forensics, public speaking, piece.
The excerpt was when Cassie says that she gave the morphing cube to the Yeerks.
At this time I had not read the series from start to finish. When I did, I kept thinking the whole time that Cassie was infested in book one when she was taken by the cop and that she was a Yeerk Sleeper Agent throughout the series, secretly sabotaging the Animorphs, all because of that Encounter.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:41:12 PM by wolfev »
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
Re: call me paranoid
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:46:34 AM »
That is very interesting .
though if that was true the whole thing with Aftran couldn't have happened. Two yeerks in one head doesn't work

===============================================

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 03:39:04 AM »
that'd be an interesting fan-fic.

"paranoid".

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 08:21:02 AM »
No. See, Aftran is in on it! Cassie was a controller all along! This sounds like something you'd find in the WMG section on the tropes and idioms website about stuff. I don't know what WMG stands for, but there tend to be wild theories and stuff in those sections.

Ani-Master 2014!

Mira

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:18:56 AM »
OK *You are paranoid*
But that was a good question, if it wasn't for Aftran I would even agree.

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 01:04:48 PM »
I don't think your theory is really that justifiable.
Counter-evidence:
1) Aftran could not enter with another yeerk in the brain.
2) Access to the Kandrona. We know this because Cassie went to Australia and with flight time she would have been gone more than three days. Also Cassie is perfectly capable when the yeerk pool is destroyed
3) In book 34 Cassie once again has to share her body with an alternate entity that would be able to detect the yeerk.
4) In megamorphs three elfangor's secret Cassie takes no action to help alter history which would have been a huge victory for the yeerks and if she had been a yeerk she would have them betrayed.
5) When the Yeerks develop the escafil tracker Cassie makes no attempt to screw up the plan. If her objective was to equip the yeerks with the escafil device this is where she should have taken action.
6)At the end of the series the yeerk would have died due to the fact that no kandrona were allowed to exist.
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
  • im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »
I agree that Cassie was probably not, but it is certainly fan-fic bait to find out that someone was infested the whole time.

For future reference, WMG is Wild Mass Guessing on TVTropes. Including the ever-popular time lord accusation.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 06:48:40 PM »
Yeah, that makes sense. We know it isn't true, but it's both fun and funny to make up stuff like this. Like imagining that Elfangor and Visser Three are the Ellemist and Crayak.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 06:55:43 PM »
It would've been interesting had one of them already been a Controller from the get-go. At least that's what I was hoping would happen. Even in the awful TV series, when the Animorphs finally went down to the Yeerk Pool, Cassie was stuck in line while the others got away, and it almost seemed like she was really a Controller. Until she did the rock-in-the-ear trick.

But interesting just the same...Hey in book 41? The Familiar, Jake went to the future and Cassie was a Controller...hint hint? Could've been a sign. Lol kidding

Offline wolfev

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 08:13:29 PM »
It would have made an interesting twist. She's a pacifist because she doesn't want to kill the other Yeerks. Then when the other Animorphs inevitably get the Yeerk out of her, she becomes more violent than Rachel.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 08:18:25 PM »
It would technically be a twist, true.

But I would consider it more of an immense plot shift than a 'twist'. If that had happened, I would say that the series would have Jumped the Shark.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »
No. She just played the pacifist BECAUSE she was a controller. All that preaching, and the rules, and stuff was just her trying to restrain them. It makes perfect sense, now!

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 08:32:59 PM »
Then she was a very, very stupid controller.

"Hello, Visser Three. I have a morph capable host, the trust of three more morph capable humans, an Andalite, and a morph capable hawk. This group, which in its entirety, form the 'Andalite Bandits'. Also, I have the Escafil Device in my possession. I would like my Visser status now."

Or, go through the entire series, and end up with your whole society being effectively destroyed in this part of the Galaxy.

It doesn't help that in Megamorphs 4, it is shown that the Ellimist specifically chose Cassie to be in the group due to her positioning in the time stream. The Ellimist would not have had it in his plans for a vital member of his plot on Earth to be a controller.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 08:38:46 PM »
We know it's a stupid and impossible theory. But it's fun to play along. Besides, making jabs at Cassie is fun by default.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 12:31:02 AM »
I don't think your theory is really that justifiable.
Counter-evidence:
1) Aftran could not enter with another yeerk in the brain.

i know two yeerks couldn't simultaneously control a host, but wouldn't it still be possible for them to both go inside its head?