Author Topic: Where and How...Step 2 of Morphing  (Read 1131 times)

NateSean

Where and How...Step 2 of Morphing
« on: January 19, 2011, 04:07:51 PM »
So, we've discussed what animals we have access to and ways to get ahold of the animals we don't have ready access to. Now how about the where?

Assuming there is a big alien invasion going on, we're going to need to find hiding places. Logistics are a big player here. There's the risk of losing clothes, then there's the risk of being caught on camera, or in public by the naked eye.

So for whatever reason you need to morph, where do you go? What's your strategy for getting your clothes back if you're able to leave them somewhere?

Oh, and I screwed up. Can someone move this to the right forum please?

Thank you Phoenix. Sorry about the ef-up.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:34:23 PM by NateSean »

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Where and How...Step 2 of Morphing
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »
As far as places to morph go, I think it's largely situational. Though maybe a closet or rooftop or somewhere could work. As for getting clothes back, it might be good to have someone in the know that can retrieve them for me. The Chee would be good. Of course if there was a Chee nearby from the start, I could morph just about anywhere. I don't think the Chee were used as well as they possibly could have.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:35:53 PM »
     This is actually a really good question. I was thinking about something like this once before. I think I was walking home from school, wishing that I could morph into a hawk and fly home, when I started thinking--even if I could morph, where would I do it?

By my old high school, there's this patch of woods, or a forest, or whatever, but it's not what you'd call dense or thick. In the winter, you'd have no coverage, and even in the spring/summer you'd risk being seen by someone--though, most of the people known to hang around that particular patch of woods were consistently high, so maybe it wouldn't have been too big a deal...

I think it's worse, considering how far we've come in terms of servelliance cameras and stuff. I mean, it only takes one kid walking around with his iphone to blow the invasion for you. What if that kid saw you morphing? I'm reading book 18, and the part where Ax and Visser Three have that air battle--seagull versus Kafit bird-- just made me think, "They'd never be able to cover that in 2011". People have camera phones, and iphones and whatever. That battle would have been on youtube in twenty minutes--but that's only because my computer isn't especially fast (not that I'm complaining; I love my laptop!)

I really have no clue where I woud morph. I don't exactly live in a small town. People are always going to be walking by. Most of my morphing would have to take place at night. Or I'd have to bus to a secluded area.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 11:03:25 PM »
Try just looking around for a couple of days, maybe a week.  You'd be amazed at how easy it is to slip away into hidden, secluded spaces in our world.  I live in the biggest city in my state, and 3 minutes out the door is this: 

[spoiler][/spoiler]

You might have to hop some fences, duck into culverts, step through undergrowth, slink behind dumpsters, or open doors you've been told all your life to leave unopened.  But, our world is no where near as observed or tamed as we tell ourselves it is. 

Clothes are something of a logistical challenge, but as geocaching has shown, you really can leave stuff inconspicuous and out of the way and it generally stays there.  Your mother is not going around everywhere, picking up after you.  You have only your superego to hold you back.
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

NateSean

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 10:16:22 AM »
I'm fortunate to have lived in relatively small towns. Even the hubs, which I find myself living in more often than not, have some fairly secluded areas to morph in.

Oddly enough I had a dream last night, inspired heavily by the current chapter of the fic I'm writing. It involved the logistics of morphing into a bird.

My starting point would typically be my bedroom and an open window. It's fairly easy to explain away if someone sees "you" flying out of your bedroom, but you will want to be as far from the window as possible when you morph.

Once you have taken to the air, keep an eye out for flat rooftops. Prefereably the top of an apartment complex, or the roof of a convenience store with an awning that provides cover. These will be suitable places to demorph every so often, to avoid the dangers of the two hour time limit.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 12:23:28 PM »
Try just looking around for a couple of days, maybe a week.  You'd be amazed at how easy it is to slip away into hidden, secluded spaces in our world.  I live in the biggest city in my state, and 3 minutes out the door is this: 

[spoiler][/spoiler]

You might have to hop some fences, duck into culverts, step through undergrowth, slink behind dumpsters, or open doors you've been told all your life to leave unopened.  But, our world is no where near as observed or tamed as we tell ourselves it is. 

That right there is what I pictured Tobias meadow to look like. If someone were to make an Anmorphs film/Tv show, they should film it there.

Clothes are something of a logistical challenge, but as geocaching has shown, you really can leave stuff inconspicuous and out of the way and it generally stays there.  Your mother is not going around everywhere, picking up after you.  You have only your superego to hold you back.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline invisiblecake

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 06:03:30 PM »
I haven't really looked around much, but just while sitting here, I have my room which has a screen-less window and is on the lower level of the house with a high fence around it. The window is also low enough that I could use it when morphed as a medium sized dog or larger animal and just hop out, as well as birds and such.

There's also some woods behind my house that go down into a deep ravine. I could go down there and not have too much to worry about being seen, even in winter 'cause it's so steep.

I kinda want to look around while at work and stuff now. I totally think about this sort of thing while I'm there as it is, 'cause me job is so boring that I can do it on autopilot and like write fanfic in my head while I'm standing around.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 11:24:03 PM »
As far as places to morph go, I think it's largely situational. Though maybe a closet or rooftop or somewhere could work. As for getting clothes back, it might be good to have someone in the know that can retrieve them for me. The Chee would be good. Of course if there was a Chee nearby from the start, I could morph just about anywhere. I don't think the Chee were used as well as they possibly could have.

Were the Chee ever used to recover Animorph clothing?  If not, its a significant plothole.