Author Topic: Group Re-Read: #30 The Reunion  (Read 7317 times)

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
Re: Group Re-Read: #30 The Reunion
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 10:14:07 AM »
Agreed but whilst the Yeerks could probably blast humanity back into the stone age the cost in lives before we surrendered if we surrendered would probably have been insane, thus the Yeerks would have benifited very little from open war anyway. Visser Three was boasting that he could get "enough" hosts with open war though so maybe the loss in possible hosts wasn't a concern for them, the real reason was most likely Visser One's kids and a slight human bias on her part.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 10:16:52 AM »
I think V1's "excuse" to the council was that they'd loose too many hosts in an open war. After all, the entire reason they wanted humans in the first place was the sheer number of us.

But yeah, her real reason was probably the kids. XD
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 10:42:24 AM »
I think it's blatantly stated that it's the kids. She'd be ok with millions of Human loss, but she'd hate it if her kids died. But still she's messed up. "If they don't love me after I tell them the truth, I'll have them infested so they'll have to love me." Riiight.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline rocklobster

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 07:20:45 AM »
I think it's blatantly stated that it's the kids. She'd be ok with millions of Human loss, but she'd hate it if her kids died. But still she's messed up. "If they don't love me after I tell them the truth, I'll have them infested so they'll have to love me." Riiight.
Hey maybe that's where Marco gets his ruthlessness from.  Who knows, maybe the Yeerk was there when Marco was born and he got to see both sides of her.

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 07:27:10 AM »
Very much a possibility, we don't know how long Eva was a controller before leaving, it's only Marco's guess that it was a year because for a year she and his father had no problems, but Visser One could have been in there much sooner than that.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 08:20:38 AM »
Eva was a Controller for two years before leaving Earth, so Marco was about 11 when she was infested. We find out in....#15, I think. Marco's dad talks about how suddenly their marriage became 'perfect', and Marco figures out that it's because a Yeerk has no interest with petty household squabbles.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 08:30:32 AM »
Yes, but like I said we can only assume that that's when it happened, we don't know for sure that she wasn't a controller before that, but had kept up the arguments and such of normal couples to keep her cover, Visser One after all, wouldn't be beyond that, Marco is making an assumption (a reasonable one mind you, but still an assumption)
Still even just two years is plenty of time to leave her mark on the poor kid.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 08:37:55 AM »
Eva was a Controller for two years before leaving Earth, so Marco was about 11 when she was infested. We find out in....#15, I think. Marco's dad talks about how suddenly their marriage became 'perfect', and Marco figures out that it's because a Yeerk has no interest with petty household squabbles.
um... if it was two years before she left earth, wouldn't marco be 9 when she was infested? two years before she left plus two years later they became animorphs when they were 13...

Offline FATELUVR95

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 06:25:07 AM »
  • 4) Why do you think that Visser One is so much quicker to discover the Animorphs "secret" than Visser Three?
I don't know if antone has said this yet, but I say Andalite Arrogance.