Author Topic: Yeerk Evolution  (Read 11024 times)

Offline Azguard

• God
Re: Yeerk Evolution
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2009, 01:34:57 PM »
 ;D

but...i dun get what you just said voodoo queen...
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2009, 08:55:52 AM »
I am just theorising that any form of government/politics is an evolved chimpanzee troupe with alpha females etc etc..Yeerks just swim in pools, why do they have a council of 13?

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2009, 09:13:12 AM »
well....maybe they adopted it from primitive Gedd behavior and government when they infested them,.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2011, 05:19:31 PM »
maybe they used to be a smart, good sighted species, then they didn't need sight anymore and somehow ended up as how they are in animorphs.

Maybe...
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Timtim243

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »
Much like the generic answer for questions asked in church, "God did it." I'm going with, "Crayack did it."

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2011, 03:59:10 PM »
Much like the generic answer for questions asked in church, "God did it." I'm going with, "Crayack did it."

a: thats a boring answer and its more fun to try and come up with natural ones.

b: the crayak and elimmist are actually fairly limited in what they are allowed to do, and as was described in another thread (what is crayak to the yeerks) the yeerks dont seem like a species the crayak would like due to how much he favors raw power.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2011, 06:31:16 PM »
Yeerks don't just swim in pools. They have to screw two other people in order to survive as a species and they swim with close to a million other Yeerks at the same time. The reason they evolved this swarming behavior makes perfect sense if we go with the "Yeerks are easy prey" theory: they evolved it for the same reason swarming fish did. It's harder to catch an individual Yeerk in a crowd of them.

With this in mind, they would likely have evolved forms of cooperative prey evasion and reproduction when they developed intelligence. From there, it's only a few million years until they begin to need a form of government in order to dictate who reproduces, who protects the pool by infesting, and whatever else they need to accomplish. Intelligence for different reasons.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »
somehow that just makes everything even more complicated. Did yeerks develop society and government AFTER they infested gedds? Or before in the pool? And if in the pool, how did they communicate? They certainly can't really build anything until Gedds infestations came along

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
"how did they communicate?"

forget which book, but it's send they have ultra sonic squeaks to communicate.

I'd guess they coevolved with the gedds, probably had them before being truly intelligent, maybe even impeded the gedds from getting further than they are, but they didn't really build at all. Least till Seerow
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....