Author Topic: Suggestion: An 'Announcements' sub-board of RAF Section  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Suggestion: An 'Announcements' sub-board of RAF Section
« on: May 10, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »
Sometimes you want to ask EVERYONE a big ol' question or two before you get going on a fan-fiction about RAF, and you don't want ten pages of irrelevant discussion, you JUST want your answers, simple yes, no, here-and-not-there, and a few things that won't work in polls (which not everybody answers, anyway).

Sometimes you want to tell EVERYONE something that is relevant to RAF, and you want to be sure that they'll see it.

Sometimes you want a place to post important things that don't really fit anywhere else, and you know that the topic would be flooded with discussion in any general board, which would defeat the purpose.

Do you suppose we could have an Announcements sub-board, just a place to post announcements-to-all-RAFians and questions-for-all-active-RAFians?

*shrug*
I know it'd be useful to me, certainly, and I imagine the administration could put it to good use. It'd leave suggestions/feedback/issues unclogged by this type of thing.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
Re: Suggestion: An 'Announcements' sub-board of RAF Section
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »
Personally I say no to this. I'll wait and hear what the others have to say.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 03:36:58 PM »
Okey dokey. Thanks for the speedy reply! :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 04:58:12 PM »
I personally feel no, as well. It sounds like a great idea, but for some reason I feel it would be a big waste of forum space... even if that made no sense...

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 06:19:47 PM »
isn't the blog thing for making announcements to the whole of RAF? and if its a personal announcement cant you just post it on your Members Profile page???

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 06:40:26 PM »
Brad, I'm an optimist, but I never expect every member active on RAF to check my blog for updates.
I'm talking a place where you check immediately, the instant you see ''new posts".

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 08:07:35 PM »
Why not just a sticky thread in the blogs that's on top? I for one always check general and RAFsocial when I log on.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 09:20:03 AM »
problem is, not everyone does. I sometimes check general, but I hardly ever check RAFsocial...

esplin

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 12:43:23 PM »
nay

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's necessary, sorry. We have our own personal threads for announcements, not to mention the RAF Blog.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »
It took nearly three years, but if you can dream it... XD

(Sorry for the necro, but the new thread called this to mind, and we found it terribly funny. ^_^)

esplin

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 06:43:04 PM »
Its quite funny to me as well.