Author Topic: Question about the ending (Tom's involvement)  (Read 915 times)

Offline musicman88

Question about the ending (Tom's involvement)
« on: May 13, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »
It's been a while since I've read the second-to-last book and even after I read it I still didn't really have a completely clear picture of what happened.  Since I'm writing a fanfic about something that happens during the ending and I don't have any time to go back and read the actual book I figured that I'd ask about it here.

Q: What was Jake and Tom's deal at the end?  How and where did Tom turn on Jake?  And how was Jake prepared for that?
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Question about the ending (Tom's involvement)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 10:19:51 PM »
I did a reread some time ago, since I came here. Tom's Yeerk came to Jake and made a deal to get back at Visser Three. The Yeerk's job was to get them inside, by using a pretend prisoner. The prisoner wound up being Erek pretending to be cassie. Tom's Yeerk thought it was really Casie, and that the others were riding on her. Visser Three had a Taxxon, who was Ax or Tobias in morph, eat the pretend Cassie, and Tom's Yeerk enjoyed what he thought was revenge against Jake.

Now, he promised to give jake his brother back. And possibly the box, in exchange for the Blade Ship. Visser Three putting him in charge of the ship worked out really well.

Jake was expecting betrayal, and it happened. Rachel's job was to ensure that Tom wasn't taken away, in case of betrayal. It happened, so she wound up killing him.

Ani-Master 2014!