Author Topic: Post Here if you're ALIVE and don't want the RAFians to WORRY about you.  (Read 130705 times)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Thanks for checking in Dino, hope to see you up and active on here again soon! :)
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
  • One of RAF's French residents
Does anybody know what Dameg is doing ?
She hasn't been online for a few days ... It seems like ages >< given that she is so active !
Pink Piggy: Anyway, these are standard assumptions in economics. I have no problem with them. Quantum theory also seems weird but it is accepted, that is the way of science.
Brown Piggy: Quantum theory makes no claim about the motivations or welfare of quantum particles.
Pink Piggy: You just do not understand the mathematics involved. This is typical uninformed criticism of economics.

¤  Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Wildweathel since December '08 ¤

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
I'm here ^^' I'm alive, ALIVE! ^^'
Sorry, I'm really addicted to Ragnarok Online and play very often... And I'm also a little active on websites for pirates... so... But don't worry, I'm still a RAFian! RAFian one day, RAFian forever ^^
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
*raises hand weakly, waves*

I'm alive!

Hi! :D

The situation on my end:
It has been "Project Week" for the past three weeks in a row.
Group project. Three members, none of whom did I get to choose on my own.
Project is worth 30% of semester grade. Double-plus-ungood if we mess it up at all.
The project itself involves building a 1 1/2 upscaled model of a 1950's pay telephone, using ONLY corrugated cardboard and glue. However, on top of the phone, there are about nine accessories that MUST accompany, as well as the coins, telephone book, and other various things that are expected.
That's just the building component. We also had to have about a foot-tall stack of papers EACH: research, essays, drawings, orthographic projections, perspectives, dynamic renderings, photographs, project journals (as in more than one of each thing I've listed, usually 3-5)... and these all had to be assembled in a cohesive way that could be presented before the class later.
It didn't help that we were criteria-limited in usable materials, and the paper we are required to use was dark brown and smudges and rips very easily, requiring both very dark and very hard lead with a very careful touch for every single item.
Many things had to be done twice; the orthographic projections themselves were re-done at least five times in my awareness, and that's assuming that none of my teammates went into studio and made changes when I was taking my sleep-shift.

That's part one of where I've been.

Part two: the state Illinois is in a financial crisis right now, and there were about nine days where $4980 USD were literally taken back (the IL MAP Grant) from my financial aid account. IL paid the grant, took it back, and then TODAY re-paid it back to the university.
Suffice to say, there is a considerable measure of stress involved in being told that the state has just reclaimed five thousand dollars of the money you need-as-in-literally-need to attend school.
[For those who are not aware: I receive no family assistance to fund my education; every cent in my account is either a grant, a scholarship, or a loan of some variety, and obtaining just the ones I have (which are only exactly enough to pay my non-living-expenditures, by the way) took me the better part of my last two years in high school and all of last summer. This isn't a situation I take lightly, you might say.]

*breathes* But yeah, there y'go. Everything is shiny and peachy again in Esty's world, thank God.

Also, my boyfriend is a saint, I think. So thank God for that, too.
Aaaand while we're doing our Academy Awards speech here, thanks to my IRL-BFF's for being so patient and lovely about everything; I love you both very very much, even if I'm absent a bunch lately.
Thanks finally to RAF for remembering my name after I've been gone so long. ;) I adore you people, and I owe you more than I can say in terms of sanity-maintenance provided for me by people I've met here.

If you guys even notice my post, which you mightn't, three more things:

Broken: *huggggg* Miss you. (Miss everybody else, too, of course.)
Horsie: You rock; please keep writing. I'm sorry RAFGone has had so many ridiculous lacunae.
Blue: Great animated series, man; I look forward to it every time I log into dA.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Be safe, John. We look forward to hearing back from you when you're home again.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
I'll be taking off for around four and a half months to Gulfport, MI for combat training. Then shipping out to war. Enjoy your ability to say "I quit." without having the punishment of jail time.

Good luck man, we're rooting for you! Unless you decide to wage war on Britain, then all bets are off! ;)

Nice to hear from you again Este, hope you get active again soon!

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
Heh heh.

Yeah, Horsie's alive.  I've been inactive lately--just some posts in the RPGs I'm in.  No excuses--I've been lazy.

I'll try to get on more and redeem my activity.  It's spring break, so hopefully you'll see more of me.  I haven't poofed completely, just telling you, though.
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
Glad to hear it Horsie.

Offline ninaTHEninja

• lalalalalalalalala <3
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • "Shoot for the Moon"
i'm still alive. don't worry. life gets in the way sometimes. :(

IRL Dating Adam
Jess's RAFlove :)
Follow Me on Twitter: oxnina

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
OK Nina ^^ I think it's normal if there is less activity on the forum between April and June, because of the exams and all that stuff ^^
If you're fine, everything is alright ^^
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline SuperBlue

• God
For those who I haven't already told, my laptop has been dead for the past month, the only time I'll be within range of a computer is probably on the weekends when Im at my grandma's. Sorry :(
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

esplin

We miss you bro. :[

Offline SuperBlue

• God
I miss you all too :'(
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
i'm still alive. don't worry. life gets in the way sometimes. :(

That pesky "life" things is always getting in the way isn't it? :P

For those who I haven't already told, my laptop has been dead for the past month, the only time I'll be within range of a computer is probably on the weekends when Im at my grandma's. Sorry :(

That sucks! Hurry up and fix your laptop, or get a new one! How else will we find out what happens next in the RAF animated series? ;)

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
BLUUUUUUEESIIIIIIIIIIIE COME BACK TO US....

I made you a muffin.  Yay, references.

That sucks, Blue!  I really hope you get a new laptop soon, 'cause RAF is missing you! 

Or at least I am.
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!