Author Topic: Animorph Game?  (Read 6853 times)

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
Re: Animorph Game?
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2010, 02:29:32 PM »
I'm making a board game for animorphs (although it'll be a while before i finish it)...does that count? that's about the best I can do with my limited knowledge on flash and stuff...

i 'm also trying to make a board game but it's sort of stupid its like "you spy on chapmen,move forword 1 square"or something like that
and there is a new game i hope it's for wii
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Gafrash

Re: Animorph Game?
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2012, 09:18:58 AM »
How are we going, senter.pat, Duff, Hylian Dan and cia?

Haven't been here in a while. Dug out this thread, remembering the cool ideas discussed, and wishing to revive it, to see how everyone's status is going with this concept.
There are so many good games out now, that I can't help feeling inspired in fantasizing about a fair dinkum Animorphs one. So let's keep this ball rolling in the hopes of something, I say...

Recently caught myself envisioning the following stuff for the game:

Option 1:
Loosely based on the book series. The Yeerks are in the process of infiltrating Earth. The Andalites have lost their war. And it’s up to the humans with morphing technology to fight.

• Play as a customized morph-capable human youth, relatively free to unravel your own story during gameplay. Designers would be free to add new characters (ref. Sub-Vissers, celebrities, FBI agents,...) for story and gameplay.
  • Play as one of the few military Andalites who have made it to Earth to put a stop to them.
  • Play as a low-ranking Controller and carry out missions for your Empire in order to go up the ranks.

***There would be some sort of a currency system to make players opt for the acquiring new morphs and/or perfecting talents (ref. thief/info-gatherer, melee/battler, spy/infiltration) and/or morphing experience, awareness/karma, trophies that unlock side-missions/personal missions.
*This would be set in the 1st-person shooter style, Single/Multiplayer-campaign, but I was envisioning this to be of the Skyrim/WofWarcraft genre.

or

Option 2:
Single-player campaign. Play as either Jake, Rachel, Cassie, Marco. Extra missions for Tobias/red-tailed hawk and possibly Ax. Stick mostly to the series plots, with room for new spins here and there.
* Think Batman Arkham Asylum.

or

Option 3:
The preposition would be much the same as Option 1, however the storyline would be post#54: the war on Earth is over; The characters are adult intelligence agents. Somehow, Visser Three has escaped enprisonment (I can think of about 2 different ways he could have done so). And we take things into interspace and face the added pending threat of The One. Main overall plot, would be to have the players potentially endevouring ‘a deal with the devil’ in order to revive Rachel.
* Personally, I think this would be great for a sequel. In which case, I would rather see the first game set on Earth.

IF Option 1:

Game Opening Intro:

#Playing as a Human:
- an optimized human Animorph boy/girl;
- unlimited morphs to acquire (however, some 'big-time' morphs become harder to get, after some that essentially serve the same purpose, are already acquired).
Intro Chapter Idea:
You wake up in your home. Learn controls by doing things such as: Picking up notes, open a fridge door,
Your pet animal is suddenly talking to you with urgency. You must follow it into the forest.
Run. Hide. Escape pursuing humans.
Different scenarios to do with immersing the player in the war:
1.   You presume your parents are at work, but your family has actually been taken. The Yeerks have been taking the adults of your neighbourhood. The kids are to follow in line;
2.   Your house is about to be broken into by suspicious men in suits;
3.   You see a fight between an animal and Hork-Bajirs/taxxons. The Yeerks want to take you in.

Either way you’re to follow the ‘talking animal’ into the forest. Run for your life. With human Controllers hot on your tail.

You make it to a safe spot.
The animal demorphs, revealing an Andalite hermit who produces a glowing blue cube.
You gain the morphing power and must acquire + morph a small forest creature in order to successfully escape.
From there you become a fugitive, and must be discretion and caution in order to avoid Heat and bad Karma.

#Playing as an Andalite aristh:
You are to engage Yeerks in any battles on the surface.

Intro Chapter Idea:
- you're equipped with an a kafit, djabala and fampila (madeup!) morphs;
Your War Prince is an old hooves, relatively out-of-touch with the reality of Earth. Undertaking direct orders via Mirrowave calls transmissions, you are sent to the surface to gather intel on Yeerk forces. You must not be seen by the sentient natives.
While you are on your first mission on Earth, the Yeerks destroy the Andalite fleet in orbit and you are on your own for the foreseeable future.
- any human contact outside of the necessary is viewed as bad Karma;
- Earth morphs may be acuired accordingly + you have a relatively easier time controlling the morph;

DURING MORPH:
PS: PC keyboard in mind

- After you’ve achieved morphing completion, the morph’s navigation display kicks in. And you are left with relative control.
However, depending the type of morph and/ormorph specimen, as well as you exp level, you may lose control during the 2 hours in different situations. Wherin the game will simulate the animal instincts suppressing the human mind and it will do its own thing.
Something like swivelling the mouse will help gamer gain the control of morph.
(consider the insatiable ferocious overpowering hunger for flesh and blood found in Taxxons to be the only exception)
- During the 2hours in morph, action is required. Player must constantly do stuff. No action in the interface will leave the morph to do its own thing.

#Playing as a Yeerk:

Intro Chapter Idea:
As a Controller you must move up the ranks via the completion of missions;
You start off as a low-ranking Yeerk, under orders from Visser Three. Your hosts will be randomly assigned between Gedd, Taxxon, Hork-Bajir, Mak, Sstram, (other potentially new ones; horse host?) before you reach human host.
- have an assigned host avail;
- must use the Yeerk pool to replenish yourself every three days;
- have all the military advantage on the planet; has access to alien tec and weaponry;

During Controller-mode:
-   The computer game will lead the player into missions. What to type. Where to go. Within the relative capacity of subject host;
-   You can taunt your host. If Multiplayer-Controller, you can have an internal communication;
-   No user-interaction unleashes random host memory synapses. If there is something to do, the computer game may re-collect an action/reminder/something to help player along. A random memory may appear;
-   If Taxxon-Controller, as soon as there is blood, you lose control and are at high-risk. Until the blood feast ceases, there is no control.

**Essentially, the ending of the 1st Option game campaign (Single Player) must leave players hanging, as the Yeerk campaign shifts from a slow infiltration to an all-out war, wherin the players will have to switch to Multiplayer mode and form alliances and fight online in hopes of reaching a resolution to the war on Earth... But that's almost another game on its own.
- Due to the nature of the Multiplayer campaign, I reckon the designer should lock out the 'morph acquisition' mode (maybe even consider not having wildlife present during original form). Players would have to go back in to Singleplayer or so in order to get new desired morph for Multiplayer mode.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 12:52:13 PM by Gafrash »