Author Topic: How an Animorphs TV show and Movie should be done-REDUX  (Read 10464 times)

Offline rocklobster

Re: How an Animorphs TV show and Movie should be done-REDUX
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2009, 07:52:29 AM »
I think complexity is a good thing in a show directed at children. Gargoyles was a VERY complex show, for instance.
Here's how I'd do it.
1. For the most part, NOTHING would be changed.  I think Cassie did the right thing trying to find a peaceful solution to the war and it fits her character.   I loved what Jake said in the Departure (which is my favorite book in the series)
2. Each episode would be an hour long. half hour is too short and would make things sped up too much, which was a problem I had with the tv show
3. The megamorphs would be 2 hour movies.
4.  My ending would be somewhat different from the books:
a. Jake and Cassie WOULD get married.  I hated that.  Come on, what's wrong with a little romance in kid's stories?  It worked in Harry Potter.  They'd even have children, one of whom would be an estreen, just like mommy.  And they'd go to Andal for a honeymoon, as you call it (I like it.  "Andalite homeworld" was kinda silly. 
b. Tobias and Rachel (who doesn't die.  I mean, just because she wasn't supposed to join doesn't mean she's expendable) would get married.  Tobias would return to his humanity realizing he has no reason to fight anymore and deserves some happiness.
c. No cliffhanger ending with The One. 
5. I'd include the chronicles as straight to DVD stuff

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2009, 11:37:51 AM »
When I heard/read about the TV show, I did actually expect hour long episodes.

The more I think about the series, the more drastic the changes I would make. I wonder if that happens with a lot of people. First it's just one or two minor tweaks. Then they get to thinking about it, and maybe some other tweaking would be good. Sooner or later, it's a full blown revamp of the series, for better or worse. I do honestly think that at least some of my changes would please the vast majority of fans.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2009, 05:57:32 PM »
I think complexity is a good thing in a show directed at children. Gargoyles was a VERY complex show, for instance.
Here's how I'd do it.
1. For the most part, NOTHING would be changed.  I think Cassie did the right thing trying to find a peaceful solution to the war and it fits her character.   I loved what Jake said in the Departure (which is my favorite book in the series)

2. Each episode would be an hour long. half hour is too short and would make things sped up too much, which was a problem I had with the tv show

3. The megamorphs would be 2 hour movies.

mmkay

4.  My ending would be somewhat different from the books:
a. Jake and Cassie WOULD get married.  I hated that.  Come on, what's wrong with a little romance in kid's stories?  It worked in Harry Potter.  They'd even have children, one of whom would be an estreen, just like mommy.  And they'd go to Andal for a honeymoon, as you call it (I like it.  "Andalite homeworld" was kinda silly.  
b. Tobias and Rachel (who doesn't die.  I mean, just because she wasn't supposed to join doesn't mean she's expendable) would get married.  Tobias would return to his humanity realizing he has no reason to fight anymore and deserves some happiness.

NO! I wouldn't mind the Jake and Cassie thing but I'd rather they didn't but NO Rachel surviving. try and stay as true to the books as possible. Rachel surviving woulda defiently been the ending the tv show would have done had they not ended that horrible show before they got to the book ending. Harry Potter was a nice ending but I'd never recommend that for Animorphs. way too happy, it'd disrupt the tone of the story

c. No cliffhanger ending with The One.  
5. I'd include the chronicles as straight to DVD stuff

ok sounds nice
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:11:48 PM by Blue Fire!!! »
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2009, 07:38:33 PM »
I don't think the TV show could have gotten away with killing Rachel off, even if they wanted to. Does Nick even do a show that would kill off a main character like that?

Of course I would have her survive. The only way I'd see killing her off is if the series did that kind of stuff right from the start. I don't know how the fans would take that.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »
Does Nick even do a show that would kill off a main character like that?

like 3 secondary characters died in Avatar. Nick let avatar get away with a lot of stuff actually. mostly becuz it was their highest rated show at the time(actually..I think it still is despite the fact that it's almost been a year since it ended)
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2009, 12:59:34 AM »
But that's secondary characters. I'm talking main characters. There's a difference.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2009, 01:34:41 AM »
Spock died in Star Trek 2.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2009, 01:35:52 AM »
Star Trek wasn't aimed at kids, and I don't think Nickolodeon produced it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2009, 06:36:26 PM »
Star Trek wasn't aimed at kids, and I don't think Nickolodeon produced it.

LOL

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2009, 09:30:07 PM »
Yes but the brought him back in star trek III: Search for Spock. (They reunited his soul with his body)

Maybe thats what they should do with rachel they think she is dead but she somehow survived and escaped death. This will surrely tug at the audience's heartstrings

Marco's mother should stay Visser One due to the fact that she was such a deep character.

Also "The Warning" would make an awsome episode.
Actually so would "The Illusion"

and nothing should change with Tobias from the book series.

also there should be a free Hork-Bajir colony but the stuff with "the seer" should shortened to simply remarkable intelligence.
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »
I would like Tobias to be a little less complainy. And of course he would end up happier in my story because Rachel would survive. No self imposed exile needed.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2009, 01:31:18 AM »
Im with ya. Rachel would def survive in my story. The real battle would be between Jake and Tom, which is what had been hinted at since well, Book 1 The Invasion. And then there was Jake's dream. I really wanted to see the climax of that storyline. But no, Jake takes the easy way out, a cop-out if u ask me, and sends his cousin Rachel to do his bidding, which was pointless btw. he couldve sent some auxillary animorphs with her. 1 person against a whole ship? yeah right

Offline SarahConnor2

• KABLAAAAAH!!!
« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2009, 11:49:01 AM »
Rachel's my favorite character. It does fit her to go out fighting, and for her to step up for a suicide mission, but I would definitely rather have her not die, and end up happily ever after with Tobias. Tears were streaming out of my eyes when I was reading about her dying. I even had to reread it cause I couldn't believe that she had.
I hated Applegate for killing her off and making Tobias miserable. I swear, this is the most attached I've become to a character, especially after they've been killed off. I haven't cried like that since [spoiler]Eddie died in the last book :cry:[/spoiler] for the Dark Tower Series.
*~The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return~*
-Moulin Rouge

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2009, 04:35:01 PM »
It made me tear up a bit too. I just couldn't believe she would do that. Especially since it's been established that there's always a way out for them.

Ani-Master 2014!