Author Topic: Dylan Loring: Pokemon Trainer? o_0  (Read 2290 times)

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
Dylan Loring: Pokemon Trainer? o_0
« on: February 25, 2009, 11:11:05 PM »

Lake Verity - Jubilife city
Prologue
Part One
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:33:31 PM by Jesse »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
Re: Dylan Loring: Pokemon Trainer? o_0
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 11:47:45 PM »
Hahaha nice start, Jax! I like it! :)
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:12:18 AM »
I'm all for the multiverse theory. Hell, more than one of my stories have been based on it! Also I'm still a fan of Pokemon so I look forward to seeing what happens!
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 11:55:17 AM »
As a fan both of Pokemon and all-(or-at-least-some)-stories-are-true, I say "high-five!"

Bidoof, though?  Oh, man.  Are you going with a red-in-tooth-and-claw version of Pokemon?  In that case, it's gotta be harsh being a rodent.
* wildweathel attempts to find semi-real drawing of furret yawning, revealing needle-like canines, and razor-like carnassials.  But fails.  I really need to learn how to draw...

I did find these, though.
http://heyzabava.deviantart.com/art/Real-life-Pokemon-Lugia-2-107584725
http://heyzabava.deviantart.com/art/Real-Life-Pokemon-Ho-Oh-107583589
http://hibbary.deviantart.com/art/pencil-arcanine-5411783
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 06:28:53 PM »
(I'm moving the prologue down here so I can use the first post as a table of contents. Also check these out, they're pretty awesome ---> http://transypoo.deviantart.com/gallery/#Pokemon )

There is a well known theory that states that there are alternate realities for anything you can imagine. I know, I know, you've already heard it a thousand times before, but have you ever really stopped and considered what that means? Everything you have ever imagined, and I mean everything, is real somewhere out in the multiverse. That imaginary friend you had in second grade? Real. That story idea you've had nagging in your head? Real. That pokemon Fan-Fic you wrote cause you thought it would be fun to have yourself as a trainer on a big quest? You guessed it: Real.

Which of course leads us to my story.

It had been a normal day. I got up, got dressed, and wasted time on the computer before leaving for class at seven. Class went by the same way it usually does, make a cable, setup a mic stand, blah, blah, blah. I got in my car and started to head home. About halfway home I decided maybe I should go to the movies, i did have a gift card after all. So as I drove I checked movie times with my phone, but they'd changed all of the options so the only movie I could get times for was a showing of the original Frankenstein at the Tampa Theater. That was all well and good, but I was broke and didn't have a gift card for the Tampa Theater. The rest of the way home I pondered about how boring my life was and told myself I was going to do something exciting for a change.

Just like every other day.

Of course on most days when I get home there isn't a glowing purple vortex of space-time in the floor by the coffee table. I gripped my bag tightly as I walked to the edge of the... Well I'm not really sure what it was, wormhole maybe? Anyway, I walked up to it and looked it. I saw glimpses of countless other worlds, from worlds just like ours, to ones made up entirely of the smell of the color three. Instinctively I began to back away from the edge, but then I felt something touch my back. Before I knew what was happening, I was pushed into the vortex. As I fell I tried to see who had pushed me but I wasn't even sure which way was up, if up even existed anymore. I fell for what seemed like an eternity before I suddenly found myself lying in some grass staring up at an unfamiliar star field. No crash, not even a landing, I was just there.

For a moment I just laid there blinking as I tried and failed to figure out what had just happened. Then a strange sound caught my attention. I turned my head towards the sound and there not two feet away was a brown fuzzy creature staring at me intently. For what seemed like the longest ten seconds of my life the creature and I just stared at each other.

"Doof!" It cried.

"You have got to be kidding me." I said, still staring at the creature. "I'm in frakking Pokemon?!?"
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 07:19:17 PM by Jesse »

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »

“Pokémon? Really? I mean come on! Claire get's Heroes and I'm stuck in freaking Pokémon?” I yelled to the forest. The bidoof let out a scared little squeak. I bent down and patted it's head. Stupid cute squeaky noises.

“Nothing personal little guy, I'm just a little freaked out right now. I'm a little far from home.” I said as I sat down next to the pokemon. “See where I'm from none of this is real, it's a game. My friend somehow ended up in a TV show and now I'm pretty sure the same thing just happened to me, except I don't think she had a big purple vortex.”

“Doof.” Bidoof agreed.

“Well, if I'm going to be stuck here I might as well get my own pokemon huh.” I looked down at Bidoof. “Waddya say?” Bidoof motioned towards the bushes. I looked over and saw three little Bidoofs (Bidooves?) watching intently. “Ahh, family duties. I get ya. I guess I'll start heading for the nearest town.” I said as I stood back up. I was about to walk away when Bidoof tugged on my pant leg. I looked down and it started scampering of towards where it had pointed before.

I realized it wanted me to follow it. Eh, why not? Not like I'm going to get anymore lost. I thought. So I started walking in the same direction. When we got to the bushes the pups started walking around Bidoof.

It was kind of weird following the bumbling little pokemon, but it obviously had some thing it wanted me to see. We walked thought the woods for about ten minutes before the trees receded and revealed the shore of a large lake. It was later in the day and the sun was catching all the ripples causing the lake to look like it was made of diamonds.

“Oooh, pretty...” I said as I looked over the lake. Then Bidoof tugged at my pant leg again. “Okay, okay, I'm coming.” I said. We walked down the shore towards a homey looking little cottage. In the front door of the cottage there was a little doggie door (Though I guess doofy door would be more accurate.). Bidoof went in, followed closely by the three little bidoofteers.

“Doof! Doof!” It cried from inside the house.

“Is someone at the door Bidoof?” I heard a female voice ask. I heard some foot steps and the door opened up, revealing a blond woman wearing a black dress. There were two black feathers in her hair behind her left-

“Can I help you?” She asked, rudely interrupting my description.

“Er... I guess so. My name's Dylan, I was kinda lost in the woods and that Bidoof lead me here.” I said awkwardly.

“Well Dylan, my name's Cynthia. Would you like something to eat?” She offered.

“Now that you mention it, I am kinda hungry. But I don't want to put you out, it's not like I'm staving to death.” I said as I stepped inside.

“It's not a problem, really. I'm hardly ever here and I think I got too much food when I went shopping.” Cynthia said. “Besides, growing boys need plenty of food.”

“Well thanks. I- Wait, what? Growing boys? You can't be more then 3 years older then me!” I said indignantly. How could she possibly call me a 'growing boy'? I was twenty years old and six-foot-two!

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.” Cynthia said. I was about to say something, when it hit me. She was taller then me, not by much, maybe an inch or two.

“Wait, how tall are you?” I asked. I had a sneaking suspicion that I already knew what had happened.

“About six feet, why?” She answered, obviously a bit confused. To my credit I managed to keep my jaw drop strictly metephorical. I hadn't been under six foot since I turned 16... And considering I'd fallen though a tear in space-time...

Crap.

“Oh, er, no reason. I'm sorry, I get a little touchy when people call me a growing boy. Until I turned fifteen I was rather short, I get a little sensitive about it sometimes.” I said in my best 'I'm sorry' tone. Cynthia smiled.

“That's alright. You said I looked young at the same time, so we'll call it even.” She said.

“So you've never had a pokemon?” Cynthia asked. We'd spent the last two hours eating and talking. It had taken my mind a little bit to connect that this was the same Cynthia that was the Sinnoh league champion. At least it had started a conversation about Pokemon in general, which of course lead to why I didn't have one.

“Wild pokemon are rare in Orre, so there aren't as many trainers there. That's why I came to Sinnoh, to catch a pokemon. But I only had the one pokeball and I wasted it trying to catch that Staravia.” Yes it was a lie, but it wasn't like 'I'm from another world' sounded any better. “Then I got lost, ran into that Bidoof, and followed it here.” Cynthia looked at me for a moment, then nodded her head.

“I think I might have an idea.” She said, then she got up and walked to another room of the cabin. While she was gone, I decided to check my bag. As usual it contained my laptop, which was looking practically brand new. I had also left my phone in my bag, it still looked the same on the outside but the display screen had definitely changed because there was a pokeball on the screen.

The last thing I had in my bag had been my DS, complete with my copy of Pokemon Diamond. Only it had changed too. The colors were still the same, red on top and black on the bottom. But both gameslots were gone and on the back of the top half was a what looked like a camera lens on the side.

“Is that your pokedex?” I turned to see Cynthia standing behind me holding a black and blue pokeball.

“Yeah, I guess it is. What's in the pokeball?” I asked.

“This,” Cynthia activated the pokeball, releasing a small blue and black pokemon, “Is a Riolu.”

“Ri!” Riolu cried.

“I want you to have it.”

I stared at her blankly.

“Are... Are you serious? You're just going to give it to me?” I said. Hey, the best trainer in Sinnoh was offering me a pokemon, I have every right to be a skeptic.

“Riolu, return.” The pokemon disappeared in a beam of red light. “A friend of mine found Riolu as an egg abandoned at Iron Island. When the egg hatched, my friend sent Riolu to me, but it's not strong enough to handle the kinds of opponents I face. I was going to send it to the daycare in Solaceon Town, but I think it would be much better off with a trainer.”

“So no catch?” I said, still skeptically.

“Only your promise to take care of it.” Cynthia walked over and handed me the pokeball. I just kind of stared at it. I'd been doing a lot of staring since falling into that vortex.

“You've got it.”
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 07:21:03 PM by Jesse »

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 07:05:03 PM »
Nice writing Jax. I liked the improv cover story you made up. So you've "youthed" as well as fallen into an alternate dimension eh? Bad day to be you!  ::)

And you forgot about me by the way. I ended up in an alternate Animorphs dimension!  ;D
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 01:31:05 AM »
Nice writing Jax. I liked the improv cover story you made up. So you've "youthed" as well as fallen into an alternate dimension eh? Bad day to be you!  ::)

And you forgot about me by the way. I ended up in an alternate Animorphs dimension!  ;D

nice writing. entertaining.
[spoiler]i ended up in a mario game, i think.[/spoiler]