Author Topic: The Asylum  (Read 7971 times)

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
Re: The Asylum
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 12:45:57 PM »
"Well I know I wouldn't like it if you did the same thing to me..." Mark muttered walking out from the shadows to revel his wolf like body. "Generally humans don't like people like that." He continued wlaking up behind Darren.

BLizzard sighed mentally,<Blizzard,> he said and stood up shaking himself. <I suggest one thing, kissing others randomly isn't usualy social acceptable.>
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2009, 12:55:41 PM »
Taxi
Three guards ame up to him one was holding a small cooler. "<Alright gentlemen. Who have I upset this time>" "Actually there is a package for you basicly it is your lunch for today." "<Could it be? The hindquarters of that redicuously annoying howler.>" the guards stepped back a bit. "<Kidding. Only kidding!>" The guards opened the cooler and tossed a large piece of meat to the ground attached was a note.
Thought you might enjoy this it's capybara meat. Had a local chop it up.
From
Barker

Barker was a Taxxon / Horkbajir nothlit they called him barker because he couldn't eat meat only bark. Taxi Smiled then quickly began to eat the delicous meat.
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2009, 04:04:35 PM »
((Welcome to the roleplay, Galladerotom!))

Blood.  Oh god.

Blood.

Blood and death.

Tora closed her eyes, her breathing quickening, trying desperately to block out the image of the dying creature that Zoshonel had just remembered.  She could see it, her vision blurring when she looked at it, but she could see it and hear it and smell it and oh god it was bleeding and dying and its eyes, its eyes were clouding over with that hideous blank stare of the dead.  Oh god.  She took a few steps back, trying to get away from it.  Closing her eyes had done no good, she could smell the hideous stench of blood and death.

<Stop it.  Stop it.  GET AWAY!> she suddenly shrieked in very public thought-speak.  A few of the newer patients looked around, but most of the veterans of the Asylum paid no mind to Tora’s voice.  Such outbursts, while annoying, were fairly typical of the Andalite during the lunch hour.

Tora was shaking, backing up like she was getting ready to run, but she moved like a trapped animal.  For she knew that these hallucinations followed her, they always did.  She could never get away.  It was pointless to run.

Tora could hear Blizzard’s thought-speak, though intended to be private, just as if he were speaking directly to her.  For once, though, she was happy to be receiving another's thoughts.  His voice gave her something to focus on, something other than the horror of the Howler’s memories.  <Randomly?> she asked curiously, though her voice still sounded very much shaken by what she‘d just seen.  <You mean he’s done this to others?>
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:06:40 PM by DinosaurNothlit »

Offline Galladerotom

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 07:30:33 PM »
Taxi
He was tearing appart the quarters he had nearly finished. When he saw an Andalite was in distress. He looked around none of the guards were helping her. He was disgusted back at the reserve if something happened like anti-alien fanatics came to the amazon, or loggers, or even if one of the local villegers lost a kid they helped to put things right. It was the law of the land that human quote he so remebered "ask not what the people can do for you but what you can do for the people" or something like that. So he put the meat in the cooler and headed up to Tora. "<Relax, imagine you are in a quiet forest the soil beneth your hooves the quiet drip of a slow rain. All is well.>"
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 07:37:37 PM »
Zoshonel thought over what Blizzard had said. Then he heard the andalite scream, and looked around to see why she was so frightened. She cried for something to get away from her, but the closest people to her were ignoring her. He ran to them, and told the to get away.

"What are you going to do if we don't? Kiss us?"

He unsheathed his claws, bared his fangs, and made a loud hissing noise. That got them going. Soon the orderlies were coming, and he ran away from them. He knew if he acted up too much, they'd stick him with a needle and put the jacket on him again.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 08:56:32 PM »
Darren was getting bored with it all.  The andalite was having a breakdown again, nothing new there.  The howler was running around doing whatever it was he did, and the dog never did anything exciting.  He wondered if the cute nurse from one of the other wards was hanging around.  He needed excitement.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Galladerotom

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »
Taxi
He looked at the guards. "<You probably blame me for this. Don't you look I am just trying to help. Oh those guys oh good so I am not in trouble>" the guards surrounded the howler and the boy.
Taxi looked at the andalite she was a bit more calm now. The guards were destracted. Tree by the wall could he jump it? Only one way to find out. He made a mad dash to his gateway to the outside world.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2009, 12:05:02 PM »
"I didn't do anything." Zoshonel said to the orderlies that surrounded him. He had a headache, and wasn't sure why. Memories shifted between beautiful scenes to creatures in love, and bloody scenes of carnage. Kill. Kiss. Kill. Kiss. Kill. Kill. Kill.

The orderlies took aim with tranquilizer guns, and fired. Zoshonel screamed in confusion. "KEEEEEEeeeeerow..." Then he collapsed.

He woke up later in his room. He was groggy, and his arms were bound by the straightjacket. He was alone. "I think something is wrong with me." He muttered nervously.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2009, 02:13:09 PM »
<RELAX, IMAGINE YOU ARE IN A QUIET FOREST THE SOIL BENEATH YOUR HOOVES THE QUIET DRIP OF A SLOW RAIN.  ALL IS WELL.>  To Tora, the Taxxon-nothlit's words were a combination of deafeningly loud thought-speak and bright images and sensations.  While the images were obviously meant to be calming, they were too strong, too sudden, and the voice hurt Tora's head.  <Please.  Don't,> she whimpered softly, her hands over her ears.  She knew he was trying to help, but she wasn't sure how much of his 'help' she could take.

Suddenly, Tora heard a loud hissing noise.  She looked up, through the illusory trees and rain that Taxi's words had conjured up for her, and saw Zoshonel frightening some of the other patients.  What?  What was going on?  What was he doing?

Unsurprisingly, the guards came quickly.  As they surrounded the Howler, a barrage of visions suddenly enveloped Tora.  The entire courtyard had disappeared.  It was replaced by a dizzying montage of places and things, wars, bodies piled high, intermixed with beautiful scenes full of tender emotion.  It was like a movie trailer, rapidly shifting scene to scene.  Each landscape would simply change to another in the blink of an eye.

Right before the end, a startlingly loud noise broke through Tora's hallucinations.  "KEEEEEEeeeeerow..."  It hurt her head in a different way than before, this was a physical pain.  She covered her ears again, but at that point the sound was gone.

Then the three-dimensional psychic slide show was over, and the courtyard came back.  Tora was standing exactly where she had been before.  The Howler was unconscious; that had to be why the visions had stopped.  <So you were real,> Tora said wonderingly.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 02:23:34 PM by DinosaurNothlit »

Offline Damien

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2009, 03:08:33 PM »
<Mind reading is a pain isn't it?> Blizzard asked quietly walking next to the young andalite. <As you may know by now that howler has conflicting memories in his head, one of love, and many of pain, death, and suffering, made that much more worse by its species collective memory...> he made his thought speak as gentle as possible. <It is amazing what you cna pick up with super sensitive ears and mind,> he continued all the while trying to confort Tora with gentle relaxing images. <It must be hard for you...>
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline agentAK

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 07:21:56 PM »
Freaks! Nothing but freaks!

A lot had changed after the war. Dannika knew that. But this? She signed on the the Asylum to help people. And what were these things? Freaks. Dannika's white runners scuffed at the ground on her way out of Rowan's room. Just another freak, though a human one. Rowan was one of the few humans at the Asylum. The girl was a controller during the war, one of the hardest hit. Her former Yeerk, Estern 372 was a well-known name in the galaxy. A torturor. From what Dannika had heard about the slug, Rowan was lucky to be somewhat functional. The girl could be completely normal one minute, then fly off into an episode. Gave the staff a run for their money. Dannika punched her security code into the wall by the girl's door. Rowan was sleeping inside. Giving the patch on Rowan's arm a quick check, Dannika woke the girl and took her outside. Rowan was given the morphing power as a controller. The BioCheck patch had to be in proper working order at all times, it monitered any time the girl's DNA was altered and tracked her location. A few months ago, she became a fruit fly during her outside time. All the staff could do was wait for her to demorph... Dannika cursed under her breath. Freaks!
An orderly passed Dannika a tray, filled with small cups. Medication time. Tora was closest. "Tora!" Dannika bent down with a cup filled with pink, sticky liquid. "Hoof."

{OOC: So I've got Danni and Ro. Feel free to interact with Ro, I was going to play as her in this post as well, then thought I'd leave it till next time. I'm really hoping for her to talk to Tora}
RAF marrying Estrid so we can wear pretty dresses!

Offline Damien

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 07:51:25 PM »
(They are both human?)

Blizzard turned around at the sound of tora's name being called,<Well Tora, I have to go now, I got to go check up on my dillusional, um, 'controller' friend, talk to you later,>he said and walked away from the andalite.

Offline Galladerotom

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »
Taxi
He was about to jump freedom at last. Then he looked back everyone was calming down. Then several volts went through him. Fell to the ground. He looked up. "You're losing your touch taxi boy. Saw you go off like a rocket you lazy son of a..." That was it! This southern accented moron was not going to be smiling much longer. Taxi did all he could do he bit the guard's foot and did not let go. "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! YOU GOD D___ BA_____!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2009, 11:51:57 PM »
They put a muzzle on him. It was degrading and depressing. He was back out during lunch and exercise time after that day, but he had to wear a muzzle in case he started screaming again. He watched everyone while sitting on a bench, feeling dejected. He was currently going over some memories that past egenerations had done. A species called Pamalites playing with their Chee in wonderful cities and woodlands. It was serene and peaceful. He would go over some images, then rewind and go over them again. He always stopped before a certain point. The point before everything fell apart.

Something was wrong with him. He didn't know how to fix it, or if this place could even give him the help he needed. This realization scared him. He wasn't having much fun anymore. He saw the Andalite girl again. She seemed so fragile and alone. Maybe that's why he was drawn to her. The other people had friends they always spent time with. They had small groups. She and he didn't have any groups. They only had themselves.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2009, 02:08:37 AM »
((Welcome, agentAK!))

Blizzard's voice, while gentler than most, still stung Tora's delicate mind.  <You speak as one who knows what it's like,> she said softly, but stiffly, almost bitterly.  As if she resented the idea that a dog could think it understood her.

She looked as if she might go on, however she was interrupted when Dannika came around with medications.  Tora hated her medication, but knew quite well by now that it was pointless to resist taking it.  She obligingly stuck her hoof into the pink liquid, feeling it slide thickly up her leg.  It felt disgusting, and Tora had never felt like it even made a difference.

In a way, Tora was glad.  There was a part of her that didn't want the medication to work.  As terrible as her visions often were, there was a part of her that didn't want to find out how much of what she saw and heard and felt was actually real.  As long as she was crazy, she could tell herself that none of this might be real.  She might not be in some freak-show mental institution at all.  She might even still be at home.  She might be in her familiar scoop, living with parents who still loved her . . .

She closed her eyes and shook her head, drawing a shaky breath as she tried to pull herself away from those depressing thoughts.  When she looked around again, she saw playful, doglike creatures and canine androids running around, having fun.  She watched them curiously, purposefully distracting herself so that she wouldn't have to think about all the 'could-have-beens' of her life.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:13:00 AM by DinosaurNothlit »