Author Topic: The Asylum  (Read 7952 times)

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
Re: The Asylum
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 06:24:03 PM »
Darren stood far off, well hidden in a tree.  None of them were acting much stranger than usual, in fact, nothing was.  "This is boring, all that risk and no reward."  He put his binoculars into his pocket and hopped down from the tree.  He glanced at the howler and andalite.  "She reads mind and I still don't know if I can block that, don't want to reveal my hand too soon anyway.  Guess it's the dog and the boy today."  He muttered to himself and strolled towards them.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 10:38:01 PM »
(To who? Damien/Lispion or Blizzard, they walked away from each other)

Blizzard sat down and gazed at the howler and the andalite. He could hear the howler perfectly form this distance, but he was afraid he wouldn't be able to hear the andalite since they used thought speak.

Lispion continued walking, Damien was fast asleep in his subconscious, his mind remained blank, no dreams. this worried Lispion, usually Damien's conscience is quiet active in his sleep. Something was definitely wrong. <Damien,> he tried calling out to him. No response, why would there be? He needed to get to people who would believe him and quickly. And everyone here thought he was crazy. But how? Morphing? No, there was no place to morph without being noticed... A worried look spread across his face, Damien could be dieing and he wouldn't know. of course Lispion always had the flaw of being over dramatic, he should just try calming down.
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 11:59:49 AM »
Darren waved to the boy as he walked over.  "Hey Damien right?  You look worried, is something wrong?"
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Damien

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »
Lispion's looked up at Darren the worried looked fading a little. "N-no... I mean yes!,"he said quickly not making sense even to himself,"I mean... you wouldn't understand, or believe me if I explained it,"he continued and rubbed his forehead,"Or just think I"m crazy like everyone else here..heck I might even be crazy and not know it..."he seemed to be talking to himself and became aware of Darren's presence again,"uh... I'm as fine  as I can be in this wacky place." he said shaking his head. "So.. uhm.. anyway, why are you here?"
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 12:41:04 AM »
"I work here.  I'm just checking up on the patients, it seems somebody swapped out some of the medication for sugar or caffeine pills, it's weird.  Have to make sure nothing too crazy happens.  Wish it would though.  Nobody here is really crazy like I expected.  I started her to help but everyone is borderline normal.  You shouldn't be here, the andalite shouldn't be here, and your dog definately should be somewhere he can show off."  Darren shrugged.  "It's like they pulled all the interesting people off the street and made them boring."

Winston Churchill 

Offline Damien

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 10:26:05 PM »
"We're not turning Blizzard into a freak show, even if we had the chance,"Lispion growled meaning both himself and Damien and soon realized his mistake,"I mean... I'm not..." He shook his head,"Besides, why wouldn't they put me in here, I"m a freak that think he has another living being in his head!"For some uncontrollable reason Lispion felt himself becoming angry and soon realized it was Damien's anger. He took a deep breath. Wait a minute... "How did you know about Blizzard? You said he should be somewhere where he could show off... what do you mean by that exactly,"he said suspiciously. "Are you spying on the patients here?"

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 11:48:58 PM »
"Well I am spying on you, that's my job.  They pay me for it for some reason.  And I just said that an intelligent dog is just amazing.  It should show off.  You should too.  Two minds in one head could be really useful.  I could use that to keep track of myself."

Winston Churchill 

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 11:53:50 PM »
(Where did DN go? It was just getti ng interesting for my character.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 11:31:56 AM »
((Sorry about that, Nohensen.  For one thing, I'm used to roleplays that give you about a week of leeway between posts; I'm not really used to being expected to post this quickly.  And for another, other things (AKA real life) have been getting in the way of writing.  I'll try to get better about posting.  ^^'))

Tora pulled back from Zoshonel's hand, confused and startled.  Among Andalites, that gesture was reserved for those that were deeply in love.  You would never touch another's face unless you meant it.  What was this Howler doing, stroking her like that?

After a stunned pause, Tora finally put the pieces together.  Her first reaction was disbelief.  This Howler was in love with her?!  Why?  How?  They were from different species!

It simply didn't make sense.  And things that didn't make sense . . . tended not to be really there.

<I think you're lying,> Tora sighed, sounding disappointed.  <You're not real.  You can't be real.  And there's really no point talking to you if you're not.  You'll just disappear.  Like all the others.> the Andalite said sadly.  <Sorry.  Um, nothing personal.  I'm just sick of losing friends that way.>
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:35:51 AM by DinosaurNothlit »

Offline Damien

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 11:56:57 AM »
Lispion laughed hollowly,"Yeah right,"he muttered and turned away from Darren,"Just leave me alone, I'm already high strung already I don't need any extra help form you."

Blizzard took a few steps closer two the andalite and the howler. <I think you may have upset her howler,> he said simply and sat down yet again. His mind could somehow pick up on private thought speak, the same happened with Lispion and Damien's conversation. Blizzard still kept his distance from the two. He focused on Tora but was careful to keep his thoughts to himself, he was somewhat aware of her mental ailment and didn't want to upset her further with his thought speak. These two really made him curious.

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »
Darren shrugged.  "At no point did I say I was going to help.  I simply said I'm here to spy on you.  I honestly don't care about..."  He paused for a moment and looked up.  "You're the yeerk kid.  You have one in your head but you don't.  I read your file, but you aren't one of mine.  This makes things much more complicated.  Do you smoke?  Or maybe it was the dog."

Winston Churchill 

Offline Damien

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »
"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, other than my 'yeerk'"Lispion growled,"and I do not smoke, I value being able to run and not run out of breath and I'm not about to fall into that gross habit, and Blizzard can't smoke, he is a dog,"he continued and began to walk away,"Oh and it isn't considered spying if you tell them about it,"he called over his shoulder.

(Mind if I add someone who works for Darren?)

Name: Mark
Race: 'Werewolf'
Reason for being there: He is a 20 year old ordinary human. Or until he came in contact with morphing technology. The first morph he has ever received was the wolf morph. Unfortunately he had passed the two hour limit and tried morphing back. He got stuck half morph, a perfect blend of human and wolf DNA. He had became an anamorphic wolf, a werewolf if you will. In a desperate attempt he tried receiving the morphing technology yet again. it worked, somewhat. He can now change between his human form and his 'werewolf' form. He began working for Darren out of boredom and because the majority of people shunned him from society.

"That didn't go so well did it?" came a raspy voice form the shadows of a building. Two yellow canine eyes glared at Darren from the shadows.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:12:24 PM by Damien »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 06:51:44 PM »
"I was just being friendly." Zoshonel said. He assumed the dog was a morphed andalite, but wasn't sure why he was morphed. "I think she doesn't believe I'm real. How do I prove to a delusional girl that I'm real?"

He started going over the connected memories of his people. He looked over the way the Humans interacted. Then something else came up. It was something he hadn't done in a while. Blood dripping from his claws, and the death moans of the helpless being as his eyes dulled. But that memory was blurred and fractured. It made him uncomfortable. He noticed his claws were unsheathed, and he stared at them like he was unfamiliar with him. Then he remembered he wasn't alone in the room, and composed himself.

"Uh...so what's your name? Mine is Zoshonel." He said to the dog.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 10:38:12 PM »
Okay here goes,

Name: Taxi (more of a nickname his regular name is not pronounceable)
Race: taxxon nothlit/ jaguar
Bio: he used to be a guard at the taxxon reservation. he took a jaguar morph and eventually was trapped as a jaguar but just as he was morphing back one of his red taxxon eyes emerged but were smaller than usual he actually managed to keep his job but eventually was admitted to the asylum.
Personality: He dosen't miss his taxxon body infact he loved the jaguar's agility and speed. He really hates being confined and has tried to get out more than a dozen times. Because of this he is considered one of the more toublesome patients.
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 04:08:00 AM »
"I was just asking.  Honestly, hybrids are so weird.  They only have one body, live with it.  One makes it easy."  Darren pulls out his binoculars and follows the kid as he walks away.  They aren't necessary, but he enjoys the openness of it.

Winston Churchill