Author Topic: Novaj Horizoj (Comments)  (Read 1724 times)

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
Novaj Horizoj (Comments)
« on: February 13, 2009, 02:42:28 PM »
As promised, I've started putting together the story I began to mention in the species thread.  It's not really fiction, but it crazy enough that I doubt anyone will believe it.  In fact that's the point.  The Order counts on skepticism to protect its semi-secret position in the shadows.  It helps to have crazy stories running around.  After all, you've heard enough about Area 51 to not believe anything you here now, no matter how true.  (I can't tell you the truth about 51, by the way.  I've never been there, myself.  It's not actually an Order installation per se, anyway)  I think it improves readability to separate the comments from the narrative, so this is the thread for comments.

There's a fair bit of Esperanto in the story, and some bilingual bonuses--but not enough to force you to learn it.  Esperanto pronunciation is a little weird for English speakers.  But that's mostly English's fault.

The most important things to remember are that "j" sounds like English "y," "c" sounds like "ts," "gh" and "jh" sound like "j," and the vowels are like Spanish or Italian (or almost like Japanese).  If you really care about pronunciation, Lernu will tell you all you want to know--except that for compatibility with RAF the hat-consonants are written with a following h--except h-hat, which is "kh."

Anyway, it begins here: Prologue: Silver Dusk

By the way, I'm possibly looking for an editor.  Let me know if you're interested. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 02:48:38 PM by wildweathel »
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
  • im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
Re: Novaj Horizoj (Comments)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 10:28:58 AM »
Well, I have no idea what's going on, but I'm guessing that's the point. It really sounds great, though, and I will definitely be coming back here.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Taiyoh

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Voice of (t)Reason
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 11:30:09 PM »
Well, I have no idea what's going on, but I'm guessing that's the point. It really sounds great, though, and I will definitely be coming back here.

He turned into a weasel [the "castle walls" were his perspective of the gazebo as his size shrank].

I'll keep reading as you update it, Weathel.

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »
Aw, thanks.  I'm not going to work real hard on it right now, since I kinda hafta get a real job (darn).  But, I'm glad to hear people are interested, so I'll keep going.
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.