Author Topic: Shadow Dragon - The Prologue  (Read 1694 times)

Offline The Dark Knight

Shadow Dragon - The Prologue
« on: February 10, 2009, 04:45:21 PM »
Hello RAF.  I thought I'd share with you the 'Prologue Chapters' of a superhero novel I'm working on.  Been very lazy with it, haven't written it since september of last year, but with renewed interest I may just get working on it again.  So I thought I'd let you see what I've done so far.

Slushie Ranger and I, we have our own superheroes which we've put together in a universe of our own.  Sort of our own Justice league.  He's already started posting his superhero novel, so here is mine.  I'd tell you what he's all about, but no need since you'd just be reading it in the story itself.  So I hope you enjoy :)  There will no doubt be typoes and perhaps some errors, so please be gentle lol.  but be honest.  So I encourage you to read, and comment.  Thanks and enjoy the show.

Part one:  prologue

It was the rain.  The rain falls so hard that you knew it was a storm.  But the young man standing outside of a building on the roof, thought of the rain as music.  A symphony that he himself had front row seats for.  He stood there, drenched, wearing no more than a white T-shirt, jeans, and black boots.  If anyone could have seen him, they’d wonder why he tormented himself by standing there in the storm.  With the winds so strong, it could have knocked him off and caused him to fall the huge distance to the street below.
   But he’s thinking of something.  He’s having thoughts of a past that he had once wanted to forget.  But the problem is that he can’t forget.  He will never forget…

That night…

10 years ago.

Chapter 1

The boy stood there looking at the older kids.  At 11 years old, the kid had a black eye, a slightly bloody nose, and a vicious look upon him that said that he wasn’t giving up on the fight.  He had himself in a stance that was both offensive and defensive, given the situation he was in.  The boy was fighting a few kids that were more around the age of 15 or 16 years old.  His 10-year-old sister lay on the ground, crying.  The teens had no doubt been picking on her and he had come around and spotted this.  Being one of very big love for his family, he had in return picked a fight with them.  The fight was actually going pretty well for the 11-year-old.  The Black eye and the bloody nose were not as bad as they seemed.  In fact the bloody nose was because he tried to dodge a punch to his mouth that had not quite gone as well as it seemed.  The black eye was because both he and a teenager had tried to punch each other.  The initial shock of the 11-year-old, punching the teenager in the nose, had made the teen’s punch become a bit limp and he ended up hitting the 11-year-old in the eye.  The teenager himself ended up on the floor, holding his own nose.  The 11-year-old’s sister finally got up.
“Seth, stop fighting,” she called out to him as she stopped crying.  She didn’t want her brother to get hurt any worse by the teenagers.  Seth, the 11-year-old, just stood there with his fists balled up.  He obviously didn’t want to give up on the fight.  But the teens just laughed.
“Yeah, Seth.  Listen to your sister if you know what’s good for you,” the leader of the teen gang, Jason, says.
“What do you know about it?  I’m not the one losing,” Seth says.  The teens start laughing harder, but Seth goes and kicks one of the teens in the knee.  As the teen grabs his knee in pain and starts hopping, Seth goes and pushes him to the ground.  The other teen, the leader, just grabbed Seth by the back of his shirt and threw him to the ground near his sister.
“This is getting boring,” says the leader of the gang.  Two of the other teens help the one with the bloody nose up and they all stand near their leader.  Seth stands up and glares at them.
“What don’t want more?” Seth asks.  The leader just looks at him and smirks.
“Come on boys, wouldn’t want the runt to try to kick our knees again,” the leader says as he turns and walks away.  Seth no doubt wanted to do just that or worse.  But as he saw them walking away, a part of him was glad.  He’d been brave enough for one day.  As the teenagers left the area, Seth turned towards his sister.  She smiled towards him.
“Thank you,” she says.
“Not a problem,” he says and then he picks up a bag that he had dropped earlier.  He hands her the bag and she takes out a candy.  She eats it as Seth grabs her hand and they begin walking home.  Samantha smiles all the way to their block.  Her brother had saved her from bullies.  He was her hero.
Hiding in the shadows...A Dragon of pure Rage.

Darkness is my home, fire is my weapon, the corrupt are my victims.