Author Topic: Animorphs Book 56: The Rebirth  (Read 12534 times)

Offline acdc00420

Re: Animorphs Book 56: The Rebirth
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 01:02:20 PM »
cant wait for more

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 01:34:38 AM »
Chapter 14 (Tobias)

Cassie and I both knew that if we were going to investigate whatever was going on here, one of us needed to morph something that would fit in. And as it just so happened, I was now equipped with an Arn morph.

I focused on the Arn. My beak softened and filled with tiny teeth. My wings shortened and widened. Two elongated arms emerged from my sides. My feathers changed shape slightly, and changed color to the Arn's bright orange. Each of my legs split into two, and my talons softened and disappeared. I grew, but not by much. An Arn is only about twice the size of a hawk.

Cassie morphed flea and hopped on my back, and we set off.

We reached the bottom of the valley, and looked down into the chasm where the Arn dwellings should have been. But all we saw were bare, stone cliffs.

I headed in a direction along the chasm, and after a while, we ran into one of the Arn wall-cities. Yet, the cavernous rooms and stone walkways still looked utterly abandoned.

I headed down the stairs into the chasm to make sure. I explored for a while, but never saw anyone. The dust on every surface spoke of years of abandonment, except for one tiny set of footprints in the dust. I tried to follow the trail, but it only led back up the chasm wall and out of the city. I dismissed it. Those were probably just my own footprints I was looking at. The tracks were even the same size as my own.

Finding this abandoned city shouldn't have come as a surprise. We shouldn't have expected the very first Arn city we came across to be populated.

I headed back up the chasm, back into the valley above. I continued to follow the chasm along its length, looking down into the gaping canyon to see long stretches of bare stone walls, punctuated only by scarce, forlorn Arn settlements. A few of the dwellings showed fearsome burn scars and missing pieces, the signs of battles long-since over.

I had to check out several more Arn ghost towns before we finally found one that showed signs of life. I was walking along a stony walkway when I saw a glimpse of bright blue. It stopped when it saw me, and I could see it was another Arn.

"Quanisidaron!" he said. "There you are! We were worried. What were you doing outside the holograms?"

Great. The Arn I'd morphed had a name I would never remember. "I'm fine," I answered. "I was just going out for supplies," I said, hoping that was a proper response.

"Whatever it was, you should have asked a Yeerk to get it for you," the Arn scolded me. I nearly jumped in surprise at the mention of the word Yeerk.

So, whatever was going on with the Arn also involved the Yeerks. This was good. We were definitely getting somewhere.

"Yeah, well, I didn't want them to know about this. It's kind of personal," I said, digging myself further into my lie.

"Whatever," the Arn shrugged. "I don't really care. Just please don't do it again. You're going to get us all killed one of these days."

<What's going on?> Cassie asked. <I feel vibrations. Who are you talking to out there?>

<We found an Arn,> I said. <It seems that whatever the Arn are up to, the Yeerks are involved, too.>

<Can you get more information?> she asked.

<I can try,> I said.

The bright blue Arn told me to get back behind the holograms, so I just followed him to wherever I figured I was supposed to go. He led me into one of the gigantic open caverns that was carved into the chasm wall. The room looked empty, but when I crossed the threshold, rows of machines and crowds of Arn operating them suddenly appeared.

Not just Arn, though. There were Hork-Bajir, humans, a few species I didn't recognize, and a single, very effeminate-looking male Andalite. These non-Arn individuals were just standing around, watching the Arn as they worked at their machines. They all carried an air of superiority, like overlords surveying their subjects for anything they didn't like.

A sandy-tan colored Arn came up to the bright blue one. She looked excited about something. She shot a glance at me, like she wasn't sure if she trusted me to hear what she was about to say, but she decided to ignore me.

"I have excellent news! I found a bargaining chip I think we can use with the Yeerks!" she exclaimed in a whisper.

"Oh?" the bright blue Arn said, immediately lowering his voice, as if afraid that he might be overheard. "What did you find?"

"It used to belong to Quafijinivon," the tan Arn beamed. She paused, almost as if for dramatic effect, and continued. "I found the Ixcila of Rachel Berenson."

Offline dolphin4077

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 11:16:29 AM »
Awesome!

Offline acdc00420

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 11:49:02 PM »
awsome as usual

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 11:29:23 AM »
OMG...this is so suspenseful, I need more!!!!!!!
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Taiyoh

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Voice of (t)Reason
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 02:15:59 AM »
Definitely one of the better continuations  :)

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2009, 06:51:19 PM »
What happened to this?!  So...many...days... without story...

NOTHLIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)

Offline acdc00420

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »
yes please more im a big fan

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2009, 09:23:02 AM »
Okay, okay, okay, geez!  I'll get back on it!  I've got the next chapter mostly done, except for editing, but I got distracted by other things for a while.  However, the chapter is on my computer at school, therefore I cannot edit/post it at least until Sunday.  Hope you guys can make it until then.

It's good to hear that people miss me when I don't post.  ;)

Offline CDJV

• Sadist :)
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2009, 05:29:48 PM »
Of course we miss you! Heck, I tihnk you even have your own fanboys. This is an awesome continuation, it sounds like something KA would write if she wanted to continue the series.

Now write faster!

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »
Of course we miss you! Heck, I tihnk you even have your own fanboys. This is an awesome continuation, it sounds like something KA would write if she wanted to continue the series.

Now write faster!
lolz, I agree.  To both the compliment and the command ;D

Thanks to Bear!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »
Here's another chapter.  You guys happy now?

---------------------------

Chapter 15 (Shaliph 443)

When we arrived on the Hork-Bajir planet, we touched down in the former territory of the Arn, below the blue fog of what the Hork-Bajir called 'the Deep.' I wasn't sure why we would be going down there, until we were brought into one of the Arn dwellings.

We walked through a hologram, and there, ambling all around the cavern, there were Arn! But how? They were supposed to be extinct, weren't they?

"Nobody told us there would be Arn here. What's going on?" Korash asked the nearest Hork-Bajir sentry.

Yenlin, who was following close to Korash and me, was immediately given a suspicious glare by the sentry. <Do you have a problem?> Yenlin asked, twitching his tail. The Hork-Bajir shook his head, apparently deciding that Yenlin was wasn't worth antagonizing.

"It seems they had a plan to re-create their race shortly before their extinction," he answered Korash. "Which worked out well for us. They're easy to intimidate, and they've proved invaluable to our Project. There are a few things they're good at. It turns out designing mind control technology is one of those things. Smart as we are, I don't think our scientists could have ever designed the Nets on their own. So we've got these guys working on that," the Hork-Bajir bragged.

"And if they slack off, or look like they're doing anything they shouldn't be, just use your Dracon on 'em, remind 'em who's boss." Then he added, as an afterthought, "Use a low setting, though. They die easy."

A couple of Arn were listening in on our conversation. I narrowed my eyes at them, and they got back to work.

"Cool," Korash said. "So when are we going to try testing the Nets?"

"I think we'll be briefed on how to use them tomorrow. I hear it takes some practice," the Hork-Bajir said.

I grinned and said, "I can't wait!"

"Yeah, well, be a little patient," the Hork-Bajir said. "For now, our job is just watching these Arn." He pointed at a bright yellow-orange one that had just arrived. "Keep an extra close eye on that orange one," he said. "He's young, and a trouble-maker. He keeps wandering off."

I looked at the orange Arn. He was currently listening in on a conversation between a sandy-tan colored Arn and a bright blue one. The orange Arn suddenly looked shocked by something the other two had said, and said something to the tan one. Pretty soon, the orange one and the tan one left the room.

"Shouldn't we go after them?" I asked the Hork-Bajir. The orange Arn glanced nervously at our group as he left, and Yenlin met him with a hostile glare from all four eyes.

"Nah, waste of time. The tan one will keep the trouble-maker in check," the Hork-Bajir said. "Trust me, it's just as effective to punish him after he gets back, and it's so much easier that way."

A few more minutes passed, and a faint whistle blew. "Well, my shift is over," the Hork-Bajir said. "Good luck, you three."

He left. It was pretty boring, after that. The Arn didn't really step out of line much, so there was hardly anything to do. Yenlin taunted them at first, but that got old pretty quick. Hard to taunt someone who won't defend themselves.

After a few hours, the orange Arn came back, but the tan one wasn't with him.

<I'll handle him,> Yenlin said happily. Korash had already started to move towards the Arn, but stepped back again, conceeding to Yenlin the honor of punishing the creature.

<Explain yourself,> Yenlin demanded. <Where have you been?>

"I- I was just gathering supplies," the orange one said.

<Nonsense,> Yenlin said. <We've provided everything you need. Answer truthfully this time.> He adjusted his Dracon beam to the lowest setting and shot the Arn.

"Aahhh!" he screamed, doubling over in pain. "What do you want from me?!"

<The truth. We've given you everything you could possibly need to work. What were you really doing outside the hologram, Arn?>

"I was . . . I was exploring. I thought if I could find something in one of the abandoned cities, we could work faster," he said, almost questioningly, as if afraid that might be the wrong answer.

<I admire your guts, kid. You're brave, if you think you can get away with lying to a Yeerk twice.> Yenlin shot the Arn again. <Now, one last time. What. Were. You. Doing?>

"Nothing!" the Arn yelled, getting defensive now. "Please, just leave me alone!"

<The moment you tell me the truth, I will leave you alone,> Yenlin promised. Then he shot him right in the chest.

The Arn started to back up, looking like he was getting ready to run. Big mistake. Faster than he could blink, there was a tail blade at his throat.

<This is interesting,> Yenlin commented. <You're hiding something. What do you have to hide, Arn?>

"Alright," the Arn said finally. "Look. The reason I lied is because I didn't think you'd believe the truth, anyway. Not sure I believe it. Maybe I'm crazy." The Arn shook his head anxiously, seeming embarrassed by what he had to say. "The truth is, I'm not really sure what I was doing outside the hologram, either. It's . . . well, it was really strange. I was just walking along, and suddenly there I was, miles away, with no idea how I got there. I guess . . . maybe I was sleepwalking, or something. And I got lost." The Arn sighed, and finished. "Anyway, that's why I've been gone for such a long time. I'm sorry. Please, believe me."

Yenlin seemed to smile with his eyes. <Sleepwalking. Heh, is that all? Fine, you can go,> he said dismissively. But then he looked like something the Arn had said suddenly bothered him, as though he hadn't been paying attention until a few seconds after he said it. <You've been gone a long time, have you? So you weren't in here just a couple hours ago?>

The Arn looked bewildered.

"No. Why?"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 12:21:02 PM by DinosaurNothlit »

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »
Nothlit you rock dude i avidley await your next chapter :) ;D

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 06:29:43 PM »
Nothlit is a dudess.  Feminine dude.

But other than that, I completely agree.

And I am happy. :) :D ;D :happybirthday:

Thanks to Bear!

Offline dolphin4077

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »
I agree with everyone that this is awesome and I can't wait for more.