Author Topic: Limit N00bs from viewing Life & General Boards?  (Read 10721 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Limit N00bs from viewing Life & General Boards?
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »
Well, I've already commented on the newbie stuff in the blog and in this thread. You know how I feel about it, but if I honestly thought RAF was about to turn n00b-vicious, I'd not be leaving. I'd be right here trying to snap the other members outta' their funk and showing them just how dumb they were being.

It's 'cause I love you people.  :)

If my friend sits at a lunch table, I sit with her. If she goes to a cinema, I go with her. If she cries, perhaps I cry with her, and then I go find the s.o.b. who made her cry, and I give him a reason to cry. If my friend jumps off a bridge, I cut the bungee chord so that she knows not to do that stupid self-destructive sh**.

That's sorta' how I feel about RAF. I love this place to the extent that I'd rather hurt you REALLY badly than watch you destroy yourself, and God help the fool that hurts you before I do. ;D
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2009, 08:46:26 PM »
excellent post.
couldn't agree more.
+1

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2009, 08:51:57 PM »
Thanks, Goom-la!

Anyway... I believe I've queried before... why is the thread still open, when the subject is closed? Sorry to nag, but methinks this will bring nought but more arguments if we leave it up. :P
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2009, 09:05:19 PM »
agreed. maybe we can vote on this again in the future, but no point in leaving it unlocked.

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2009, 11:32:29 PM »
If my friend jumps off a bridge, I cut the bungee chord so that she knows not to do that stupid self-destructive sh**.
Wait..so you let her fall to her death instead of harmlessly bouncing back up?  :P
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2009, 11:14:08 AM »
Well...how would you feel if you just found out that there's a secret part of the forum that's only open to people who've been here for 2 or more years for example, and you were shut out?

i feel like i would want to be part of that group  ;)
Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2009, 06:31:35 PM »
Wait..so you let her fall to her death instead of harmlessly bouncing back up? 

No, I wait until she's close enough to a landing that she'll break a few dozen bones, but I keep her from doing something so dumb ever again.

Yes, it's twisted logic.

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2009, 01:40:03 PM »
Yes, it's twisted logic.

that's the best kind
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2009, 04:22:21 PM »
*dark chuckle*

Thanks, Shock. I'm glad you appreciate my taste in rationalities. :) ;) >:D

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2009, 04:54:54 PM »
*dark chuckle*

Thanks, Shock. I'm glad you appreciate my taste in rationalities. :) ;) >:D

reality is what you make of it. 

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2009, 05:51:53 PM »
Hahaha, finally somebody gets it! Consentual Reality. :)