Author Topic: #23 The Pretender  (Read 1858 times)

Offline PrinceRonny

#23 The Pretender
« on: January 25, 2009, 01:05:26 AM »
I've been rereading the series on this site the last couple of weeks - great idea by the way, whoever it was...despite some errors in a bunch of the transcripts - and I got confused. On page...24, i think, Tobias is heading to the valley of the Hork-Bajir and he says he's only been there twice...once' to set the newly freed Hork-Bajir to their new home, and again to hear 'an amazing story'. In what i've reread so far, I dont remember their second visit, or the birth of Toby Hamee. What did I miss along the way?

Offline Altephor

Re: #23 The Pretender
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 01:26:25 AM »
Hork-Bajir Chronicles.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 01:36:10 AM »
well that was quick...can a mod lock this now, please?

Offline PrinceRonny

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 02:26:27 AM »
Thanx for the reply. I'd forgotten about that one. :)

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 11:00:12 AM »
In this book, Tobia's cousin Arias suddenly shows up to offer him a home. She's a world acclaimed nature photographer.  Sadly, in the end, she turns out to be a morphed Visser Three.  Was there a real Arias who was a real nature photographer?  (I assume that the Animorphs would have looked her up on the Internet).

Even more shocking, Tobias learns that his Dad was an alien (the redoubtable Prince Elfangor).

Meanwhile, Tobias has yet another weird problem.  Whenever he tries to snatch up an animal to eat, he has a vision of himself AS that animal, ruining his concentration.  He is therefore starving.  I wonder why he doesn't just eat in his human morph, then demorph, using the hawk DNA to morph a healthy, non-starving hawk.

Tobias solves the problem by acquiring a mother rabbit, eating as much of it as he can hold, then morphing the rabbit to herd her children back to shelter!  I wonder how much time he will have to spend in rabbit morph taking care of the baby rabbits, and how he will find any time for his other duties (Animorphing, hunting).

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 11:06:51 AM »
It goes along with the idea that he sees himsel;f as more hawk than human. Technically none of the animorphs have to eat again, since they can morph something and demorph into a healthy human. They don't.

Personally I have believed that Tobias living as a hawk isn't really good for him, and he only has to do it so he cn morph and help the group. I had hoped that after the war, he would go back to living as a human with Rachel. Also his mother, when it turned out she was still alive. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 01:53:43 PM »
It goes along with the idea that he sees himsel;f as more hawk than human. Technically none of the animorphs have to eat again, since they can morph something and demorph into a healthy human. They don't.

Personally I have believed that Tobias living as a hawk isn't really good for him, and he only has to do it so he cn morph and help the group. I had hoped that after the war, he would go back to living as a human with Rachel. Also his mother, when it turned out she was still alive. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Book 25: The Animorphs do appear to be starving during their adventure in the Arctic.  The ones in wolf form had to eat some seals.  Ax and Tobias were in flea form and simply drank the blood of the people they were on.  All seemed satisfied, even when they demorphed.

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 09:34:08 PM »
Dude, it literally took you 2 years to answer him.