Author Topic: If you were doomed to be a nothlit....  (Read 25585 times)

Offline CounterInstinct

If you were doomed to be a nothlit....
« on: June 07, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »
If you were doomed to become another creature permanently, excluding a human form, what form will you choose?
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

esplin

Re: If you were doomed to be a nothlit....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 12:25:33 AM »
yeerk, or howler

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:32:37 AM »
personally, i wouldn't stand being a Yeerk, my host would/might hate me too much and my morals may not bear it... hehehehe... i guess the bird of prey thing still is kinda cool.... being able to fly and all....
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

esplin

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 12:36:50 AM »
yeerks can be anything though, and howler would be 3 years of bad ass

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 01:28:12 AM »
I agree with Esplin. Yeerk.

Or Andalite. That'd be pretty bad-ass.

If you're limiting it to Earth animals? Ummm....I'm stuck between wolf and hawk.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 01:31:44 AM »
Yeah, but yeerks also have the very likely option of being helpless slugs so...no
Howler yes
Earth animals: Eagle

Animals not in Animorphs and hard to convince people of in real life: Dragon. And if available that overrides all others.
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 01:42:15 AM »
Howlers would be awesome, but the whole three-year thing kinda kills it for me. How long do Yeerks live, anyways? A long time, I think...

As long as there's a full-proof way of restraining potential squashers I wouldn't mind being a helpless slug while I soak up some Kandrona. :) It's only once every three days, after all.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 01:48:54 AM »
andalite if can be non earth animals.

for earth animal, that gets tuff, cuz there are lotsa things id wanna be.

even tho red tails are my fave, they are too small, and so i'd rather be a golden eagle, cuz no1 messes with them. or a mountain lion, they are cool. or a parrot, cuz they live a long time, and can talk.
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 05:10:06 AM »
It depends, do you want to stay in the fight or not (were you even in the fight in the first place)?
If yes, then bird of prey is the best option, I'll go with red kite.
However if you're not in the fight then I want to lie back and be stuck as something I can at least have some fun with. Dolphin would be cool, or perhaps some kind of monkey. Perhaps a cat, if you're looking for home comforts.
Or, because I pretty much have to, I want to be a mongoose!
You should never go in there without a mongoose. (James Bond, Live and Let Die)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 05:14:26 AM »
I think I want to be a dog. I'd love to just be happy all day long.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 06:05:19 AM »
well, i don't want to be all powerful or anything, I just want to be happy spending my days on Earth as a nothlit.... hehehehe....
Maybe I could just be a house pet, so I can still stay with my family? A dog? yeah... i wonder what it is like to be happy all the time....

Offline musicman88

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 09:13:13 AM »
A bird of prey is always a good choice.  It's either that or being a housecat.  I could be lazy all day, go out and "hunt" at night, and make my way through tight places and sneak around.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 10:24:15 AM »
I'd probably be a dolphin. I know that they still have predators to worry about, but most of the time their life is full of playing and eating fish. Sounds like a fun time to me. :D Plus they're intelligent enough that even if I lost contact with humans, I'd still have some form of companionship with other dolphins.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Toominator Z

• Divide by Zero
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 10:38:56 AM »
Someone mentioned it on the old forum and I thought it was the most perfect shenanigans morph ever. A shape-shifter. Be anything you want even as a nothlit!

If it had to be realistic though, I'd probably go monkey. I love climbing and jungle plus monkeys are very social, intelligent, and notoriously promiscuous! lol.

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 04:10:46 PM »
An andalite. But I guess if it has to be an animal then... a cat maybe. They've got it easy. Just sleep all day. :P
I can still remember the words and what they meant.
As we etched them with our fingers, In years of wet cement.
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.